Elden Ring

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Re: Elden Ring

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:09 am

So I looked up I frames like you suggested and it got me thinking about my load out. It’s been heavy this whole time as I figured armour and shield would make up for my lack of skill but I thought I’d lessen the load to increase my dodging speed and see how that pans out.

Certainly makes a difference and I’m not sure which way I want to go. Either way I have to move the story on soon which means facing and beating Ringo the Ball scratcher or whatever his name is :uhyes:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:14 pm

So close to beating this fucker!!

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:35 pm

I FUCKING DID IT!!!

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:21 am

At this risk of sounding like a stuck record, this fucking game :adore:

Just navigating Stormveil. It’s so intense. The genius of this game is that even a complete novice like me who was struggling against wolves not so long ago now feel like I can figure stuff out given a few goes at it. I have absolutely no doubt this will come back to bite me on the arse however.

Josh do you just plow through the story or did you go round doing things like the evergaol knights and minor erdtree avatars etc?

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:22 am

Well played! I'm in the last area now, fucking difficult :wave:

I didn't do everything like nowhere close to it I'd imagine but I could always do that in New Game Plus (NG+). It's basically going through the game again but harder.

I fucked up a few questlines coming into this last area because once you do something you can't talk to certain NPCs anymore.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:47 am

I don’t usually do NG plus on games but I was thinking with this game it could be awesome to do that with a completely different build, a mage or a samurai or whatever. But I still like wandering around exploring and shit in my own time. It’s going to take me ages but I don’t mind at all.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:55 am

Yeah nothing wrong with that, I've done a lot of exploring tbf just not explored every nook.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:28 pm

So it turns out when I switched it off last night the next boss was just round the corner.

I got a bit lucky first go and
lopped his arm off which he then replaced with a dragon head :icon_uhoh:
Think I need to psyche myself up a bit for this one :icon_lol:

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:02 am

Ahhhh Godrick :hmmlol:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:08 am

Before taking him on properly I wanted to go for a wander and do some other stuff. I just did a quest line which was proper sad and I felt dead guilty about something that happened :neutralol:

I googled it after and it’s irreversible. This game really does not forgive :icon_lol:

So I’m thinking whenever I finish with this game I might now go back and try Bloodborne, Dark Souls etc. Never thought I’d be drawn to this game type but I see the appeal now.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:16 am

I googled it after and it’s irreversible. This game really does not forgive :icon_lol:

So I’m thinking whenever I finish with this game I might now go back and try Bloodborne, Dark Souls etc. Never thought I’d be drawn to this game type but I see the appeal now.
Welcome to the Souls series :icon_lol:

Good that you want to venture onto other games after playing this, as good as they are they pale in comparison to Elden Ring so just a heads up.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:24 am

Cheers, I’ll bear it in mind. But I’m curious to give one a try. I have Bloodborne in my library as they gave it away free a while back, that should do. Although I do want to get back on Cyberpunk at some point too.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:25 am

Bloodborne is my favourite souls game so yeah, go for that :icon_lol:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:02 am

Don’t know what this is but might be of interest

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:06 am

Nice one didn't even know about it

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:16 am

Trek to Yomi :poundit:

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:22 am

Not watched most of it because I'm trying to kill this fucking boss!! :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad:

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:40 am

He's recently transitioned so if that bothers you then don't watch but he is my favourite go to gaming youtuber because he's been calling out all the bullshit for years. I did find it difficult watching him transition at first but he still nails the content so I keep watching.

And that video is why I want Dave to stop playing the endless Ubisoft shit and give Elden Ring a chance. It's why I kept telling you to buy it Rich, I presume you're happy you did haha people are skeptical of playing games that are known as being hard, which is fair people just want to come home after working and relax. But I personally disagree with that, I think a hard game that has challenges and well designed will make you more relaxed from the enjoyment you get after beating a boss you have been struggling with. You'll think about that boss all day in work and you cant wait to get home and have another go and you will most likely defeat it.

Isn't that the whole point of games? to take your mind off day to day shit? to entertain you?

This game has set the bar. I see so many friends who have never played a Souls game playing it, I fucking love it. Welcome to the Souls series, enjoy a superb game where you get angry but jizz when you succeed.

Best things about the souls games? it makes you feel like a better gamer.

And that to me is special.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:30 am

I’ll have a look, I don’t care if someone has transitioned, it’s not my business as long as it’s not shoved in my face and they talk about the stuff I’m listening to them for tbh

But yeah I’m glad I took a punt and cheers for the suggestion. I was kinda getting a bit tired of gaming as I’d gotten lazy, I liked just wandering around for the story and not being challenged. I did Far Cry 6 recently which I enjoyed to a certain extent but it was really just same old same old, in a slightly different skin.

This has been a complete eye opener. The absolute challenge and reward is off the scale of what I’m used to, I’ve still only done one proper top boss but I’m about level 40 now and groups of enemies that had me shitting it before I’m now just riding up to them and mullering them all with two swipes of my greatsword and feeling like a god. Yet then I go arrogantly in to another group and all of a sudden I’m rolling and running away taking potions like a madman and suddenly feeling humble again :icon_lol: And that’s what keeps it interesting, as well as the whole feel and atmos.

It gets my heart pumping fighting these big boss types. The moment I defeated Margit, I had been wearing him down and got so close so many times. Then this moment happened where I had one hit to beat him. He did his jump attack and I timed the roll perfectly and ended up at his back and knew I had him, smashed attack and that was it. I jumped off the couch and celebrated like I’d scored a winning penalty in a final or some shit, proper triumphant :icon_lol:

I watched the trophy clip about 5 times to revel in the moment, no game has ever made me look at them before.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:37 am

It gets my heart pumping fighting these big boss types. The moment I defeated Margit, I had been wearing him down and got so close so many times. Then this moment happened where I had one hit to beat him. He did his jump attack and I timed the roll perfectly and ended up at his back and knew I had him, smashed attack and that was it. I jumped off the couch and celebrated like I’d scored a winning penalty in a final or some shit, proper triumphant :icon_lol:

I watched the trophy clip about 5 times to revel in the moment, no game has ever made me look at them before.

I fucking love it. Keep going lad, you don't even know half the story of how much content this game has. I'm still getting surprised each day and I've played it enough where I'm ready to go and do the last boss.

Return to “4thegames”