Elaborate MGS prequel demo thingy/Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Elaborate MGS prequel demo thingy/Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:26 pm

Didn't even know this was an actual thing :shant:

Pre-orders be taken now but fucked if I'm paying full price for a demo albeit a sexy one.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... es-preview

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

RE: Elaborate MGS prequel demo thingy/Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:47 pm

I can't fucking wait for this tbh tbf, it's only going to cost £19.99 which I'm more than happy to pay for a MGS 'game'. It will give us a good indication of what The Phantom Pain is going to be like aswell (the main MGS V game), Kojima said TPP is 200 times larger than Ground Zeroes and fans will complain it's too big :poundit:

First game I'm looking forward to seeing the power of the PS4 compared to the PS3. Dat quality difference:

http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/gt_ ... 10kbps.mp4
Last edited by Le Cut Inside Mane on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:07 pm

Yes. Yes :poundit: :poundit: :poundit: :poundit: :poundit: :poundit: :poundit: :poundit: :poundit:

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:10 pm

The truth is perhaps that Ground Zeroes was never intended as a standalone release. Konami's always passed it off as an appetiser to tide us over until the main course, but despite The Phantom Pain's gargantuan publisher-backed budget, this feels like a crowdfunding effort in a disguise as obvious as a cardboard box. As Kickstarter has proven time and time again, people are willing to pay top dollar not simply for early access, but because they want to support a project - and the extra money towards the Phantom Pain's no-doubt immense development bill provided by Ground Zeroes will no doubt be appreciated by Kojima and Konami.

So Ground Zeroes is hardly essential, but it accomplishes what it set out to do in giving players a taste of how a more open-ended Metal Gear adventure might feel. Its wealth of strategies and secrets unearth plenty of tactical treasure for those willing to dig - something the premium price deviously encourages. Those expecting a full game are going to be disappointed, however - Ground Zeroes does feel like a very expensive demo. But it's also a very, very good one.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:15 pm

I said to Jacques I don't care if it's the same length or shorter than the Tanker mission from MGS2 I'd still pay to play anything MGS related. Best gaming franchise of all time tbf.
Last edited by Le Cut Inside Mane on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:28 am

Exactly. They make a goof point when they say fans will support a project if they really like it, and Metal Gear Solid has got to have some of the most die hard fans for a console release. I'll be getting it as I really want to play it. You'll be able to sell it on for a good price if it comes on a disc. (I've not really read the article).

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:51 am

Like any good Metal Gear, the more you put into it the more you get out of it. Even after eight hours on this map I was still discovering new strategies. I won't spoil them, as figuring these for yourself is much of the fun - but let's just say that Konami capped its preview event by showing a skilled member of the dev team race through the main mission in under 18 minutes without raising a single alert. Naturally, he utilised a lot of secret techniques that hinted at just how deep this rabbit hole goes.

Before you start piecing together its detailed systems, you'll notice that the basic mechanics and design have been minimised since MGS4, a decision that's sure to be divisive. You no longer have a camouflage percent dictating how hidden you are, so you'll have to rely on trial and error to gauge the effect things like darkness and shrubbery have on your concealment. Snake also doesn't have a "stamina" or "psyche" meter this time around, nor does he have a radar. Instead, players must zoom in with binoculars to "tag" enemies, making their movements visible even behind walls.

Senior Rafa
Posting Freak

Postby Senior Rafa » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:07 pm

1 week till the most expensive game demo is out.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:31 pm

I'm actually thinking of getting a PS4 for this. Very are letting you pay over three months with no interest.

http://www.very.co.uk/playstation-4-con ... 9821789274

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:48 pm

It's up to you, it's the only game I've looked forward to on the PS4 because it looks amazing graphically. If it was me and I didn't have a PS4 knowing what I know now I wouldn't get one, even for GZ. Mine is hardly on tbf.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:56 pm

I've pre ordered this on PS3. Might get a PS4 when Phantom Pain comes out. I don't actually know when that is.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:59 pm

No one does, Phantom Pain would definitely be worth getting a PS4 for plus there will other good games out by then.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:01 pm

So the PS4 is a let down then? I've not read up on it. I know the games are nearly fifty quid, which is fucking steep, but I imagined it was just the PS3 with better graphics.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:09 pm

For me yeah, there isn't enough games and the games that are out for it for the most part are shit or broken. Glyn will disagree though so it depends what games your into.
Last edited by Le Cut Inside Mane on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:36 pm

What's the actual console like though? The PS3 is sort of a multimedia machine. Can't see why they would drop that part. I've just read you have to pay to go online as well.

I remember there was a lack of games when the PS3 came out as well.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:41 pm

The console itself is brilliant, miles faster through menu's and stuff compared to the PS3. There isn't any multimedia things on it atm but I think they are going to patch it in the future to bring them features in.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:44 am

Yeah but that's why I never buy consoles when they launch, overpriced, not enough games and theres still plenty of games I haven't played on PS3. I can't think of any console in my lifetime where a mate has bought it at launch and its been worth it, compared to just waiting a bit for better games and a better price.
Last edited by Macho Man Randy Savage on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:27 am

Because hype that's why.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:30 am

I've just remembered I haven't finished Skyrim yet ether. Fuck playing that from the start again.

I like the feature where you can easily upload your gameplay to youtube. Bit old for that now, but there was some fucking great moments in some of the other games though would have been great to share. If we're all playing online (it has actually happened a twice I think) then that would be good, as it was a laugh.

And then I can show you all how much better I am than all of you lot put together.

Senior Rafa
Posting Freak

Postby Senior Rafa » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:36 pm

ordered, had to 19.75 from Gamessek.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGames ... und-Zeroes

[video=youtube][/video]
Last edited by Senior Rafa on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “4thegames”