Liverpool FC Thread

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Re: Liverpool FC Thread

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:11 am

Mad isn't it. Our defence has been a meme for so long for being shite. Now I'd argue we have the best defense in Europe :pounditrotate:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:48 am

We literally are champions of Europe :AC9:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:56 am

Villa away booked
Looks like I’ve tickets in the away end now too

Real fans go to away games :icon_smug: #copyrightThePrince

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:53 am

#copyrightThePrince
:icon_lol:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:07 pm

Lampard is Chelsea boss then. Interesting to see how this pans out.

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:24 pm

12 months hell be gone

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:21 am

Jurgen Klopp's former assistant Zeljko Buvac left Liverpool due to the growing influence of assistant coach Pepijn Lijnders, according to an updated version of Klopp's biography. 

Buvac had been Klopp's right-hand man throughout the German manager's career as head coach of Mainz, Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool, and was known as 'the Brain' behind Klopp's success due to his tactical understanding of the game. 

However, the 57-year-old became increasingly unhappy with his role at the club, resentful that Lijnders - who was behind both himself and third assistant Peter Krawietz in the pecking order - was enjoying too much responsibility. 

In the updated version of Klopp's biography, author Raphael Honigstein explained (via the ​Express): ''The ​Liverpool (staff) had noticed that the notoriously taciturn Bosnian had switched from monosyllabic to zero-syllabic in the last few months.

''Buvac gave the impression that he wasn't happy with the increasing influence of the fourth assistant coach Pepijn Lijnders. The relaxed, bright Dutchman had been very popular with the players.

The relationship between Buvac and Klopp had survived, both could simply no longer work together.'' 

Klopp has previously spoken in glowing terms of Lijnders, who had a brief spell at NEC Nijmegen in 2018 but was sacked after failing to get the club promoted to Eredivisie. 

''I could write a book about him, about what a big influence he had, about what a fantastic young - I still don't know what his title is - assistant manager!" he said.

''What a fantastic young coach he is, what a lively presence he is. How big the influence of his optimism is and how lively he is on the training pitch. It is just a fact. 

''I was like that when I was young and I am not like that any more, that's how it is. You cannot use the (same) words always and again, so it gives me the opportunity to watch and to go in the right way.''

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:33 am

Read that yesterday
Very childish and unprofessional

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:48 am

Comes across that way.

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:52 am

Concidering he was known as the brain.not done bad since hes gone tbh.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:08 am

Exactly.

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:16 pm

Team start training tomorrow,well 15 of them anyway.

Milner will piss the fitness test as per.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:36 am

:icon_lol: Yea just came to post that about Milner. He'll set all the fitness PB's - the camera's are back at Melwood for training. I'm ready for the footy now, getting bored.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:51 am

Clyne is back, I forgot about him.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:37 am

Fulham wonderkid Harvey Elliott is reportedly on the verge of joining Liverpool.

that barnet....

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:14 am

Beat a host of top European clubs apparently.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:29 am

Yeah. Highly rated, but we've been here before.

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Fri May 15, 2020 2:06 am

This would of been :poundit: my favourite none lfc player ever.

Our latest feature from the Liverpoolfc.com archives tells the tale of Roy Evans' attempt to sign an Argentinian icon during his time in the Anfield dugout.

In September 2013, the ex-Reds boss shared his memories of an audacious effort to recruit the legendary Gabriel Batistuta...

Former Liverpool manager Roy Evans has revealed how he attempted to pair one of the most prolific strikers in world football with Robbie Fowler for the Reds during the mid-1990s.

Gabriel Batistuta notched more than 200 goals in Italian football for Fiorentina, Roma and Inter Milan, scaring defences across the continent with his lethal finishing via left foot, right foot or head.

The Argentinian appeared at three World Cups and struck 10 times on the biggest stage before concluding his international career with 56 goals from 78 matches.

Now it has emerged that the man nicknamed 'Batigol' had a genuine opportunity to take a diversion to Anfield midway through his successful spell in Serie A.

"There were talks of him moving from Italy to somewhere else," Evans told Liverpoolfc.com.

"We had an interest; there were some conversations between Liverpool and his club. He was interested, but unfortunately it just didn't happen.

"It was one of those things where you make an enquiry and it just didn't go any further than that. I'm sure he would have been a great acquisition for us if we had got him."

With Fowler breaking the 30-goal barrier for Liverpool in three consecutive seasons under Evans between 1994 and 1997, the Reds were regularly in contention for the Premier League title.

Asked if the addition of a player with Batistuta's pedigree could have made the difference for his ambitious young team, Evans was philosophical in his response.

He added: "We'll never know. When you're the manager you always want other players because you're worried about loss of form and injuries.

"You're always looking to enhance your squad. Maybe it would have done, maybe it wouldn't. We also went in for the likes of Teddy Sheringham at that time.

"Teddy was very interested in coming; he was 29 or 30 at the time. But the club had a policy of not buying older players. As it happened, he went to Manchester United and played for six or seven years there with great success.

"Sometimes you miss out on things. I think he would have brought some good experience to a lot of young lads. We had some experience with John Barnes and Ian Rush, but Teddy Sheringham would have been another experienced player for us.

"You're always looking for players and asking different things. At Liverpool in those days, you did all of your business more or less behind closed doors. None of it was leaked to the press.

"Nowadays, with the 24/7 press it's a lot more difficult for the manager to do it. You enquire about many players.

"When Marcel Desailly was moving, we tried to buy him. The only thing that stopped us was that he wanted to live in London - that was his biggest thing.

"I think he was interested in the football club but it didn't happen. You win some and you lose some."

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 am

Surely that wasn't ever going to happen at that time though?

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Fri May 15, 2020 7:25 pm

So John Barnes says we shouldn't be given the league if its cancelled :picardfacepalm:

Return to “Football Forum”