Let's discuss cannabis

Keep on Lulzing
L8rb@se
Posting Freak
Posts: 21984
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Let's discuss cannabis

Postby L8rb@se » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:21 am

Drink beer or wine? Or voddy or whisky? Why? Seriously, why do you like those drinks?

They taste nice and make you feel good. So does cannabis.

Prepared to accept that a human born with a penis can be a woman? How progressive and understanding of you. I guess you probably hate Trump and Brexit too. Well done, you're so forward thinking and aware of what's good and bad, well done you.

Now. Seeing as you know so much......

Please tell me why cannabis is bad.

L8rb@se
Posting Freak
Posts: 21984
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby L8rb@se » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:30 am

Just read that back and it sounds well confrontational.

It's not meant like that. The point is, if everyone is so desperate to appear progressive, why get edgy over a plant that is more pleasurable, genuinely medicinal to many people, and has no actual drawbacks unless like anything else you abuse it?

Be progressive about everything or nothing at all, wankers. (Not you guys, the world.)

Damie Karras
Posting Freak
Posts: 23561
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:16 am

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:42 am

It’s smoking I have the problem with

If people want to get their kicks from this, that or the other that’s up to them.
If a person wants to take it extremes and look like a stoner or an alcoholic? Go ahead, it’s their own gig

The problem with legalizing it is the level of usage abuse it already has would sore. And with it smoking related illnesses. Like I said in the other thread I’ve been to Amsterdam and people go not to test the waters of something recreational, but to abuse the freedom offered to them and get off their box. It’s like paddy’s day in temple bar every day of the week over there (substitute booze for pot)

You’ll probably bounce back the vaping/cannabis oil argument as retort, I’m not convinced vaping is in any way safer than smoking.

*Had this typed before your second post

Damie Karras
Posting Freak
Posts: 23561
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:16 am

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:45 am

And again I’m sure alcohol related illnesses are comparable to smoking

I’m basing my opinion on personal experience

L8rb@se
Posting Freak
Posts: 21984
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby L8rb@se » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:27 am

Smoking is now a very broad term. I haven't touched a single tobacco/nicotine product in many many years. I do however smoke bongs, pipes, joints and baccy free blunts. Not sure what it means for my health but I feel strong and vital and I'm not convinced any negatives outweighs the positives.

Plus music and films are :adore: on weed.

Just my personal experience also

L8rb@se
Posting Freak
Posts: 21984
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby L8rb@se » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:28 am

And my liver is very delighted. You use your liver for your kicks, I use my lungs, why is one ok and not the other?

Questions questions

Damie Karras
Posting Freak
Posts: 23561
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:16 am

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:04 am

Ok let’s not pretend there’s no nicotine involved here
That’s a plain lie, those vap oils wouldn’t sell without the addictive element and that’s nicotine


That’s like saying alcohol content on spirits is 35% = bad shit
But getting langered on Stella is ok because it’s only 4%

Damie Karras
Posting Freak
Posts: 23561
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:16 am

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:22 am

L8rb@se wrote:And my liver is very delighted. You use your liver for your kicks, I use my lungs, why is one ok and not the other?


That’s great
And goes back to our “personal experiences”

I don’t think yours are comparable to mine

My mother slept with a machine that kept her alive for 3 years.
My wife’s mother got told she smoked too much 5 weeks before she died because she couldn’t stand up Boxing Day because stage 4 cancer had took over her body unknowns to anyone (she had got clean bill 6 weeks earlier)

If you know people that have drinked themselves to death I’d love to know their story and the intervention the received?

Not a rant btw, plz don’t take it that way

User avatar
legitimate first
Posting Freak
Posts: 3408
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:49 am
Location: vienna

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby legitimate first » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:32 pm

L8rb@se wrote:Smoking is now a very broad term. I haven't touched a single tobacco/nicotine product in many many years. I do however smoke bongs, pipes, joints and baccy free blunts. Not sure what it means for my health but I feel strong and vital and I'm not convinced any negatives outweighs the positives.

Plus music and films are :adore: on weed.

Just my personal experience also


as is shagging

User avatar
legitimate first
Posting Freak
Posts: 3408
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:49 am
Location: vienna

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby legitimate first » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:37 pm

and just on a side note. Nicotine is not the problem with smoking. It does not cause cancer and its minimally addictive.

L8rb@se
Posting Freak
Posts: 21984
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby L8rb@se » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Damie Karras wrote:
L8rb@se wrote:And my liver is very delighted. You use your liver for your kicks, I use my lungs, why is one ok and not the other?


That’s great
And goes back to our “personal experiences”

I don’t think yours are comparable to mine

My mother slept with a machine that kept her alive for 3 years.
My wife’s mother got told she smoked too much 5 weeks before she died because she couldn’t stand up Boxing Day because stage 4 cancer had took over her body unknowns to anyone (she had got clean bill 6 weeks earlier)

If you know people that have drinked themselves to death I’d love to know their story and the intervention the received?

Not a rant btw, plz don’t take it that way


Coincidentally just this last week an old mate of mine, who is a couple of years younger than me, drank himself to death this week. He started abusing it about 15 years ago after something terrible happened to a family member. He tried to stop, I guess the family had interventions etc, but it still happened. Made me wonder if he'd still be here if he used weed to medicate himself rather than booze.

Also there is no nicotine involved at all if you don't want it. I don't vape it the way you're thinking of Vaping, Vaping weed is a different thing. You basically heat it up in a mini oven and inhale the vapour rather than using e-juice. Completely nicotine free. I smoked ciggies when I was an idiot teenager, if one hint of nicotine entered my system I'd know it tbh.
Last edited by L8rb@se on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L8rb@se
Posting Freak
Posts: 21984
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby L8rb@se » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:54 pm

legitimate first wrote:
L8rb@se wrote:Smoking is now a very broad term. I haven't touched a single tobacco/nicotine product in many many years. I do however smoke bongs, pipes, joints and baccy free blunts. Not sure what it means for my health but I feel strong and vital and I'm not convinced any negatives outweighs the positives.

Plus music and films are :adore: on weed.

Just my personal experience also


as is shagging


Hehe

L8rb@se
Posting Freak
Posts: 21984
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby L8rb@se » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:01 pm

I do take your point about smoking dub but things have really moved on. Don't forget as well that, as a moderate user, I probably smoke 2 baccy free joints an evening, through joints or a little pipe which filters out all the gunk. I won't use your family references as an example, I'll use my own. My nan in Ireland smoked about 30 a day for decades. I smoke 2 joints a night, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. At that rate of course fags will be more harmful, if I smoked 30 joints a day it would also be damaging, I am aware of that. But I could never smoke that much, nor could anyone I know. Which I think is the difference between the type of smoking you're concerned about and the smoking I do. Fags are shit, no arguments from me.

L8rb@se
Posting Freak
Posts: 21984
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby L8rb@se » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:04 pm


Damie Karras
Posting Freak
Posts: 23561
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:16 am

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby Damie Karras » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:15 am

Woke up this morning following a poor nights sleep, looked at this thread and Legits replies and thought “why am I arguing the side of a debate of a subject I really don’t care about”

Even now I feel like this post is a bit of a cop out

L8rb@se
Posting Freak
Posts: 21984
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby L8rb@se » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:46 am

Not an argument, a discussion, everyone has their perspective and that's fine.

I just want society to get over its prejudices and see the benefits but on one level I understand your point because whatever society does doesn't affect me at all, I'll do my own thing regardless so I guess I don't care either.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak
Posts: 23561
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:16 am

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby Damie Karras » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:05 am

Fucking anxiety over starting this new job has me restless I could probably do with a dooby

User avatar
legitimate first
Posting Freak
Posts: 3408
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:49 am
Location: vienna

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby legitimate first » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:06 am

spot on Rich

Lap
Posting Freak
Posts: 7076
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby Lap » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:20 am

I’m late to the party but would absolutely support the benefits of cannabis. I have a mate who has MS quite a while. To witness the relief it gives him is unquestionably a good thing. On the other hand , I lived with another mate who was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic ( the doctors said as a result off too much of the stuff) . After losing touch with him, I met up with him after splitting from my then live in GF , and agreed to share a house with him in Belfast where we were both based. The troubles were still going on . I realized things were not good with him one night as he was sitting on the stairs staring at the front door late into the night , refusing to go to bed . At 6 am I was awoken by a huge rumpus going on i the hallway. Ran out only to find my mate sitting astride the postman who he had waited for and pulled into the house. He was beating the crap out of him screaming that he was a spy passing outer details onto loyalist paramilitaries. What a morning that turned out to be once the cops came. So whilst not for some people, it’s a missed opportunity for those who suffer so badly with things like Ms and Parkinson’s .

L8rb@se
Posting Freak
Posts: 21984
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Let's discuss cannabis

Postby L8rb@se » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:23 pm

Yes there probably needs some to be some research done and common sense applied for people with certain mental situations like ptsd, schizophrenia etc. It is psychoactive which means the changes it makes to a human brain may not always be positive.

I also acknowledge that too much for too long probably isn't good, just like if you drank too much water or ate too many bananas would also have harmful knock on effects.

I think of it like I think of coffee. A cup of coffee or two in the morning to get you going, a smoke or two in the evening to bring things down a bit. Nothing wrong with that imho. And watching funny comedies and stuff on it is awesome, a good laughing fit is good for the soul.


Return to “4thelulz”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests