Does anyone on here think Klopp should go?

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Re: Does anyone on here think Klopp should go?

Postby VAN HALEN » Mon May 08, 2017 7:02 pm

Exactly

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Mon May 08, 2017 7:43 pm

It was the picture that amused me. Similarities still in conceding too many goals, looking flat when everybody is not pressing in harmony, uncomfortable playing at home as well when we don't totally trash a team, a reliance on a single style of play at home as well.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Mon May 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Still 100% behind klopp. There is alot of crap in that team but last year we finished 8th and we are running at nearly a 2pt a game average this season so we are improving. Midfield is a massive problem as they just too slow and ponderous and a midfield of can, lucas and winjaldum has no creativity. Hopefully with 3 or 4 first teamers well up our game next season. I'd even go out on a limb and say that I don't think we are ready for champions league yet so wouldn't be the biggest thing if we missed out this year

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Mon May 08, 2017 11:58 pm

Agree with all of that except if we didn't get CL would we be able to attract the calibre of player to take us to the next level up?

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue May 09, 2017 3:20 am

Well we got Mane without it. I can't stand European football these days, but I know it is important to the club and most other fans. I'm more worried about the ridicule that we would face if we missed out now. Won't mind if we didn't get into Europe at all. We won't achieve much in the CL like last time we were in it.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue May 09, 2017 3:21 am

While I think if it, that Nigerian bloke I met was Klopp sacked now. Guess who he wants to replace him?

Rafa.

Surely he was calling for him to be sacked as well after his last season with us. Football fans are thick as shit.

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Wed May 10, 2017 2:19 am

Atleast give him another season.got sort shit out this summer though.

I just dont understand where the footballs gone since before Xmas.

Not helped with all the injuries weve had.

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Sun May 14, 2017 4:05 am

A better sounding Brendan rodgers.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:39 pm

:icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 pm

Buy some better defenders Jurgen rofl

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:25 am

He spent all the money on the Ox instead. Who was pretty shit last night.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:18 am

He needs to hush up. His excuses are starting to sound ridiculous. Just admit shit and stop trying to blame stupid stuff ffs

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:15 am

Hes got sort it in January or end of the season or hes gone.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Hes got sort it in January or end of the season or hes gone.
Fsg won't sack klopp even if we don't finish top 4. The only way will be if klopp walks I think

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Then Rafa in?

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:04 pm

The problem for Klopp is that he will continue facing questions about the negatives so long as no remedy is found for the vulnerability which but for Simon Mignolet’s 73rd-minute penalty save from Jamie Vardy would have meant two more dropped points.

In their first three Premier League games outside of Anfield this season, Liverpool, now up to fifth in the table, have conceded ten goals – their worst defensive record from their opening trio of away league fixtures since leaking 11 in 1937/38.

In ten games home and away in all competitions there have been only two clean sheets; by comparison, Manchester United have six, Manchester City five, Tottenham and Chelsea four.

The nagging questions will not go away after a game where his defence creaked once more, though the perception that he is short on answers clearly irks the Liverpool manager, who argued afterwards that he could “write a book” on defending.

When his Borussia Dortmund team won back-to-back German titles, for instance, they had the Bundesliga’s best defensive away record with 14 and 13 goals against from 17 games played in 2011 and 2012 respectively.

Klopp said: “It’s obvious we concede too much – there’s no doubt. That’s really hard for me. Usually, I’m a really good defensive coach but obviously that works not too good so far, but we will be fine.

“The main thing for defending is tactical discipline,” added the German. “I don’t know everything about football but I could write a book in the next two hours about which space we have to defend, why, when and where you have to be. When you have to step up, push up – all that stuff.”

I can’t take a car and drive them out of the box. That’s how it is. As long as not every player is doing it we’ll work on it. When everyone is doing it I will make sure we’re doing it for the rest of our lives. I have faith, not only [in our] offensive [play] but in our squad. I know we need results. I like this team. Maybe nobody else likes it, I really like it and I want to improve it together. ”

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Good read

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ter-united
Klopp has always been about method and coaching rather than headline recruitment. He does, though, need the basic human tools. It has become fashionable to pick away at his tactics, his previous successes, to take a shot at a much-trailed overseas coach. But the current tactical plan – press hard, play on the edge – is being undermined by faulty execution. There isn’t a great deal wrong that could not be solved by centre-halves making the right decisions at the right moment and a high-class centre-forward who can do both parts of the job, running hard and still managing to finish like a sniper.

This is the conundrum Klopp faces at a club without the will to recruit the correct personnel. The hard-running Klopp style demands, as a first principle, a striker to run and harry and lead the press. These players are available. But those who can also finish every half‑chance while also leading the charge are both rare and prohibitively expensive. Klopp needs a centre‑forward with Daniel Sturridge’s eye and Roberto Firmino’s heart. They had one a while ago. He went to Barcelona for £75m

Looking back to that first game in charge, a high-energy 0-0 draw at White Hart Lane, it is remarkable how little has changed. Liverpool were defensively shaky, kept in the game by Simon Mignolet’s saves. Eight of the starting XI are still at the club. Liverpool have spent just £20m or so net since Klopp arrived, which includes £35m of actual UK currency on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. A striker like Diego Costa or Harry Kane would transform this team, transform the perception of Klopp’s methods to date.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:12 pm

He buys the players though. He had 60 million to buy a central defender, and didn't bother. Then spent 35 million on a player that looks like won't get much game time. We knew that before he bought him too.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:46 am

What about now?

I think he's the best manager we can hope for.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:06 am

Don’t know about that

Apparently Rafa would do better

Return to “Football Forum”