are everton fuckd?

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Damie Karras
Posting Freak

are everton fuckd?

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:04 am

Ive no be paying attention to their off field antics other than I knew they were looking for investment

someone on 365 has post the following
A whole load of sh*t going down as we speak.

-Club banned players from speaking to local newspapers
-CEO admitting none of the directors have ever put a single penny into the club bar their shareholding
-Chairman saying the club has appointed Seymour Pierce to sell the club, CEO then denying this
-Club admitting they have to sell to buy
-Board withdrawing AGMs/EGM's for shareholders
-Board indicating they have no plans in place to move
-Chairman using Philip Green's money to buy the club with Philip Green now demanding his loan back
-Selling Pienaar and loaning Yakubu to please the bankmanager
-Board selling the last remaining asset i.e. old training ground to pay back bank when loan called in
-Board selling the new training facility to a company owned by Simon Cowell for £9m then agreeing to rent it back over fifty years for a fee of £1m per year

The club is f**king dying on its arse.
and this lot makes interesting reading if you have 2hrs :icon_uhoh:

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threa ... uot-Thread

it'll be a shame if they do hit the skids

mcfly

RE: are everton fuckd?

Postby mcfly » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:10 am

I wouldn't want them to tbh either, it would be two less matches to look forward to each season. Surely somebody will buy them no?

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:27 am

i've just been reading about it
it stinks of a property deal....as in goodison would be worth a fortune in the event of stanley park regeneration and maybe the everton board were holding out for lfc building a stadium, which now seems unlikely

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:42 am

Not looking good for them. They really do have a great manager in Moyes too.

Like what Mcfly said. Those matches against make football what it is. They nearly went down a few years back, I can't speak for them, but plenty of Liverpudlians wished them well before it went to the wire last time.

Football has gone too fucking far, and money has changed things too much. It was never a money making adventure, but the pricks are running things now.

Corporate wankers have claimed too much. How do you hit them back?

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:45 am

Like what Mcfly said. Those matches against make football what it is. They nearly went down a few years back, I can't speak for them, but plenty of Liverpudlians wished them well before it went to the wire last time.

Football has gone too fucking far, and money has changed things too much. It was never a money making adventure, but the pricks are running things now.

I know what might help them, a bid in the summer for Mikel Arteta, from us! :toppa:

Have you been to derby recently? The amount of venom and vitriol towards us from them has gone what "makes football", very different from when they nearly went down last time.
Last edited by spy on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:14 am

I know what might help them, a bid in the summer for Mikel Arteta, from us! :toppa:

Have you been to derby recently? The amount of venom and vitriol towards us from them has gone what "makes football", very different from when they nearly went down last time.
I've never been to a derby.

The Venom and vitriol was what I was talking about though. That's what makes it.

It's from playing your rivals and getting the better of them. It's not from beating someone you expect to beat.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:39 am

fuck i`ve never realised things were that bad for them
would hate to see them go out of business. They have a lot of history, aren`t they the second longest club in the top division after Arsenal?
i might like to see them lose but it`s the game i look for after man u and chelsea
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:56 am

I was at a derby 2 seasons ago in the Annie Rd end right beside the blues and the abuse was unreal, gerrard in particular how he puts up with it is a credit

It made me hate them
But not enough to wish them out of existence, I'd prefer to beat them twice a year than not have them about at all
Last edited by Damie Karras on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:05 am

i went to loads in the late 80`s and 90s but the level of abuse wasn`t as bad as when i went a few years ago
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

Return to “Football Forum”