RE: The match on Sunday then

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:13 am

Here's the Nani incident.
[my-youtube width=425 height=344][/my-youtube]

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:30 am

That cat has bit someones tongue again..

Manchester United continued to blank the media following their 3-1 defeat against Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.

The result dealt a blow to the Old Trafford club's bid for a record-breaking 19th title although they still remain three points clear of Arsenal at the top of the Premier League having played a game more.

Dirk Kuyt's first Liverpool hat-trick sealed victory for United's arch rivals while Javier Hernandez's late header was a mere consolation.

Red Devils manager Alex Ferguson had cancelled his pre-match briefing on Friday in protest at the coverage given to his post-match quotes at Chelsea on Tuesday that have landed him with an improper conduct charge, plus the furore that surrounded Wayne Rooney's elbowing of Wigan's James McCarthy last weekend.

In a pre-planned move, United also refused to give interviews to the media on Sunday.

Ferguson did not speak to host broadcaster Sky Sports, either before or after his side's third Premier League defeat of the season.

His assistant Mike Phelan did not carry out his usual post-match engagements with the BBC, arranged due to Ferguson's long-standing feud with the organisation.

Radio rights holders talkSPORT were also left without any comment from the visitors.

Should any of these organisations complain to the Premier League, the governing body will be forced to act, escalating the problem between Ferguson and the BBC, with the fines for his non-compliance still waiting to be made public.

For the first time, even United's own television channel, MUTV, left a senior game without any reaction, which is an embarrassing situation in itself.

It is not yet known whether the media blackout will continue this week, ahead of United's FA Cup quarter-final with Arsenal, although discussions are bound to take place behind the scenes.

The only comments came via a club spokesman, who confirmed Nani will be assessed on Monday before the extent is known, and Rio Ferdinand, who was not even at Anfield, but offered an opinion via Twitter.

"Bad result today no excuses," stated the England skipper

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:03 am

MOTD is on.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:07 am

I can't watch it my + function has maxed out with some serious good tv all on at the same time :wave:

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:05 am

Suarez was superb. I don't want to say it but him and fuckface would have been phenomenal together. But not point dwelling...keen to see Carroll fit in, he'll give us a different option but I hope the Carra doesn't just keep hoofing it to him.

I reckon we should finish this season strongly, hopefully strengthen the squad in the summer, lots of weakness in the squad.
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Suarez was superb. I don't want to say it but him and fuckface would have been phenomenal together. But not point dwelling...keen to see Carroll fit in, he'll give us a different option but I hope the Carra doesn't just keep hoofing it to him.

I reckon we should finish this season strongly, hopefully strengthen the squad in the summer, lots of weakness in the squad.
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 am

And still no place on the lulz banner for our hatrick hero :icon_thumbdown:

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:16 pm

And still no place on the lulz banner for our hatrick hero :icon_thumbdown:
Yeah I noticed the other day but couldn't be arsed changing it :icon_uhoh:

Decided to do a new one.
Last edited by Le Cut Inside Mane on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football Forum”