Carrol to start against Man U?

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Carrol to start against Man U?

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Ooooooh, I would like this :poundit:
ndy Carroll is on course for a sensational Anfield debut against Manchester United.

The Liverpool record signing has returned to training after getting the all clear on the infuriating thigh injury which wrecked the start to his Anfield career.

Boss Kenny Dalglish has always insisted that the £35million his club invested in the 22 year old was for the future, not right now.

But Carroll wants to make an impact as quickly as possible, and there is no better game to do that in than the battle against the old enemy.

United are due to visit Merseyside on March 6, which gives the big centre forward three weeks to prove his fitness.

But the omens are good for the most expensive English player in football history, after he came through a weekend of extensive work, after rejoining training at the end of last week.

Carroll has still to join in with his new team-mates in training, but he worked with the physios last Friday, and began a rehabilitation programme over the weekend.

Yesterday he stepped up that work, and the signs are already encouraging that he should be able to do more physical work by the end of this week, which will pave the way for him to return to full training.

It will be a massive boost for Liverpool as they prepare for the game against United which could define their season.

Dalglish has still not given up hope of making the top four this season and snatching a Champions’ League place, but he knows they must take results against the top sides to do that.

Liverpool face United, Manchester City and Arsenal within the space of a month, and would dearly love to have Carroll back for those matches, to add his quality to their forward line.

Dalglish has refused to put a date on the striker’s return, but he is happy the Geordie hero is progressing well under the watchful eye of the Melwood medical team, and hasn’t ruled out a comeback against bitter rivals United.

Return to “Football Forum”