A GREAT DAY FOR LFC

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Rafatolah

A GREAT DAY FOR LFC

Postby Rafatolah » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:00 am

This has been a magnificent transfer window. The reds disgruntled at paying over the odds for Carroll are looking at this all wrong. Its exactly the same as what United did for Rooney. We're buying potential, we're buying a player with immense physical presence, something we lack in the final third. Carroll brings a whole new dimension to our attack and with Suarez playing off him, it's the tried and trusted little and large combo.

Carroll made a mockery of Chelseas defence, he made a mockery of Arsenals and ours, the guys a beast. I completely agree we paid over the odds, but on the flipside look at the Torres deal...................27 years old, if he stayed and went in a year or two we'd be lucky to get half of what the rent boys are paying.

What annoys me the most about Torres was his lack of fight over the past few months. He didn't really try and turn things around and that speaks volumes. I look back on today and I'm glad he's gone, I won't remember him fondly.

I am very excited about our new strike pairing and believe they will be an instant hit. Two completely different styles of players which will compliment each other beautifully.

IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE AN LFC SUPPORTER!!!!

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

RE: A GREAT DAY FOR LFC

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:25 am

I am still sore about Torres but leaving that aside I am very pleased. The little/large thing came to my mind too and I reckon gerrard and meireles will be fired up by this.

Plus it shows the owners aren't afraid to invest, so even if we don't get Adam in the next hour, hopefully the seeds are sown for the future.

Real statement of intent shown today, I'm liking what I've seen.

Fuck the sulking prima Donna, if that's his attitude he probably belongs alongside drogba at the classless renties. Fuck him. Hope he gets Cisse syndrome.
Last edited by VAN HALEN on Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:33 am

Completely agree Rich.

New owners already impressing. Hicks and Gillet wouldn't have done this.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 am

I am still sore about Torres but leaving that aside I am very pleased. The little/large thing came to my mind too and I reckon gerrard and meireles will be fired up by this.

Plus it shows the owners aren't afraid to invest, so even if we don't get Adam in the next hour, hopefully the seeds are sown for the future.

Real statement of intent shown today, I'm liking what I've seen.

Fuck the sulking prima Donna, if that's his attitude he probably belongs alongside drogba at the classless renties. Fuck him. Hope he gets Cisse syndrome.
i don`t understand this `the owners are willing to invest` thing that people keep sayin?
all they have done is sell 2 players for 57 million and buy 2 players for 57.5 million.

yes i know the last crowd didn`t even do that but in my eyes they haven`t invested anything yet. if we hadn`t reinvested the torres money or if there hadn`t been signs that we were goin to be allowed to use the full money from the sales there would have been blue murder

i agree with what you`re sayin about torres. i`m angry as hell at the moment at him as i feel he`s let us down badly but as rafa said we`re better off without him. much better to have two good forwards who are here because they want to be playin for us than a sulky prick who couldn`t careless

is carroll ok to play on wednesday or is he still injured? would love to see the two of them have a game under their belts before we play chelsea
exciting times for us i hope
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:57 am

We bought Suarez for 22 mil before we knew Torres was leaving, shows intent in my book.

But yeah, hopefully good times ahead, two good strikers for one good but sulky striker, not bad really.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:14 am

We bought Suarez for 22 mil before we knew Torres was leaving, shows intent in my book.

But yeah, hopefully good times ahead, two good strikers for one good but sulky striker, not bad really.
the thing is rich
we only put in a big bid for suarez(basically doubled our bid) after chelsea bid for torres. i`m fairly sure that at that stage they knew he wanted to go and i`d say they were fairly sure that chelsea would cough up 50 million for him

and way its all ifs and buts now and as you said
we`ve brought in two good players and got rid of one. the team is better off for it :icon_thumbsup: :icon_thumbsup:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:18 am

Aye, it's a lot to take in. Wednesdays game should be interesting....

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:36 am

I'm chuffed, seeing a mock up photo of Torres in a blue shirt on SSN hit me in the stomach mind but its done now no point in dwelling on it.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:36 am

i should be really happy as we`ve got two new lads but the whole torres thing has really left me feeling deflated :shakey: i think it has thrown me more that i though
hopefully once i can put the torres defection out of my head the enormity of our transfers will kick in. thank good we have a game against stoke on wednesday now as i think us as fans need it :nodding:
I'm chuffed, seeing a mock up photo of Torres in a blue shirt on SSN hit me in the stomach mind but its done now no point in dwelling on it.
for that reason alone i won`t be looking at the news over the next few days :shakey:
Last edited by darkvoid on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

mcfly

Postby mcfly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:55 am

A very exciting day, and a great one too. I was watching LFC TV and they mentioned that Carroll was due to be back in training for Newcastle next Monday, returning to matches a week or so after that. Unlikely he will make the Chelsea match unfortunately :icon_cry:

Kenny Dalglish impresses me more everytime I hear him speak, he's got so much integrity, common sense and calmness about him. I feel really positive about our future, on a day where we have lost our best player :icon_proud: .

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Interesting article here mothers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/ ... dline.html

The first reply is very telling of the situation

Liverpool will save in the region of 18 million pounds in wages between carroll and torres over 5 years. shrewd move by the reds as torres wanted out and was not performing
A good read

Return to “Football Forum”