Chelsea bid for Torres

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Chelsea bid for Torres

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:09 pm

35 Million as well. It's like a reverse Suarez :icon_mad:

Fuck off are you getting him for 35 million.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

RE: Chelsea bid for Torres

Postby darkvoid » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:28 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 378995.stm

Liverpool reject Chelsea bid for Fernando Torres

Liverpool have rejected an offer to sign striker Fernando Torres from Premier League rivals Chelsea.

The 26-year-old has struggled for form so far this season but has scored nine goals in 25 appearances for the Reds.

"Chelsea have made a bid for Fernando, which has been turned down. The player is not for sale," a Liverpool spokesman told BBC Sport.

The offer is believed to be in the region of £35-£40m and comes after a previous bid by the London club in May.

Chelsea have declined to comment but, with the transfer window open until 2300 GMT on Monday, there is still time for them to increase their offer for the Spaniard.

Liverpool have previously been linked with Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez but his club, Ajax, have said the Reds have until Saturday to do any deal with them.

Torres' indifferent start to the season comes after a knee injury, which also hampered him at the World Cup in South Africa last summer.

He cut a forlorn figure under Liverpool's previous manager Roy Hodgson but has looked a different prospect since Kenny Dalglish took over as Reds boss earlier in January, scoring three goals in his last four games.

Following their 1-0 victory over Fulham on Wednesday, Liverpool moved up to seventh in the Premier League table but they still face a fight to qualify for Champions League football next season with Chelsea nine points ahead of them in fourth spot.

Although Carlo Ancelotti's team have failed to fully replicate their form of last term where they won the Premier League title, they are still in the Champions League and are currently 10 points behind league leaders Manchester United.

Ancelotti has previously hinted that he wanted to bring in new players to bolster an ageing squad stretched by injuries this season.

And with the club close to signing Benfica defender David Luiz, the bid for Torres shows that Chelsea are prepared to use their financial muscle to boost their domestic and European ambitions.

More to follow.

--------------------
---------------------
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:51 pm

The first sentence is :spaz:
You watch, they won't get Torres so they'll wade in and get Suarez now.
Last edited by VAN HALEN on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:44 pm

i reckon that if we don`t sign Luis Suarez by the end of the transfer window then Torres will leave in the summer.
I think that is the reason why Chelsea have come in with a bid of 35 million now because the Suarez deal has hit the rocks and Torres might now be unsettled with more broken promises from Liverpool
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:36 pm

If they offer a shed load of cash though, and we can rebuild the squad with it, would it be worth taking the money?

A good squad Vs having a couple of good players.

Where do you stand?

mcfly

Postby mcfly » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:13 pm

We play Chelsea next sunday, that is all.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:27 pm

Jacques there, getting it right.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Nah. They are looking at getting a new striker. They've already put a bid in for Augero that got turned down, and Anelka and Drogba are both past thirty.

Return to “Football Forum”