Nothing Changes

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Rafatolah

Nothing Changes

Postby Rafatolah » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:51 am

Tonight proves to me that some were far too hard on Roy. The problems are there for all to see and no matter who we have in charge will not be able to change that without some serious investment.

This is terrible result, Blackpool have been shocking at home.

I hope Roy has a smile to himself tonight because the way he was hung out to dry was out of order.

We are a bad side and when all of us realise it results like tonight won't hurt as much.

Lap
Posting Freak

RE: Nothing Changes

Postby Lap » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:56 am

Curious team selection- is Kenny just giving every player a run out to see what they are made of?

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:57 am

Maybe, but if he is then its the wrong decision. We need points, not trials.
Plus,

Get Adam after that performance, hes been like that all season and is a damn sight better than Poulsen. He'd be fairly cheap as well.
Last edited by Rafatolah on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am

Hodgson has left the team bewildered and so short of confidence that its not just going to be sorted out overnight.
As for points- wouldnt lose too much sleep just yet.
Nothing will be won this season.

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:10 am

Tbh I would say Benetiz left the team bewildered and its carried through to this season.

We didn't look motivated at all tonight. Sluggish and lazy as per most of the games this season.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:12 am

just post this in the other thread:

I dont think we were as bad as we were at home as in we had more shape, its just we have a few players who havent a clue what to do with the ball

the game was lost in midfield
everytime we got the ball they had 5 between the ball and possible passes

We need width badly
don't know why maxi didnt play, and what was the story with lb? if a LB was available I'd have played kelly RB, johnson RW and Kuyt up front/off torres, maxi LW and fabio or konchesky LB
lucas and merelis wouldve been more solid in midfield than poulson

sums up what I think

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:16 am

just post this in the other thread:

I dont think we were as bad as we were at home as in we had more shape, its just we have a few players who havent a clue what to do with the ball

the game was lost in midfield
everytime we got the ball they had 5 between the ball and possible passes

We need width badly
don't know why maxi didnt play, and what was the story with lb? if a LB was available I'd have played kelly RB, johnson RW and Kuyt up front/off torres, maxi LW and fabio or konchesky LB
lucas and merelis wouldve been more solid in midfield than poulson

sums up what I think
Lapland may be correct about him wanting to see other players but why wait so long before he made changes? Nows not the time to experiment Kenny.

I feel empty again. Its happened too many times this season.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:25 am

I do think that peoples (including myself) relief at seeing hodgson gone has blinded them to kenny's actual ability

I said during the summer, and even right up to a few weeks ago that he wasn't the right man and I still believe that, I was just sooo happy to see roy gone

I do think he can get some players playing, Torres in the first half for example
but the team is still buffered with shite: poulson, jova, ngog, cole
merelis (on the wing doesnt work), Kuyt has been off lately

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:25 am

I do think that peoples (including myself) relief at seeing hodgson gone has blinded them to kenny's actual ability

I said during the summer, and even right up to a few weeks ago that he wasn't the right man and I still believe that, I was just sooo happy to see roy gone

I do think he can get some players playing, Torres in the first half for example
did we honestly think that things would turn around that drastically under kenny?
i personally didn`t and maybe my opinion is blinded by my dislike of Hodgson`s tactics but i thought i saw a slight improvement tonight. whoever is to blame , rafa, hodgson i don`t know but we`re in a regelation battle here and we need to start putting points on the board fast as the longer things go on the harder things are going to get :icon_sad:
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:53 am

I think Kenny will turn us around. I'm not saying this through some blind faith or insistence of "living in the past". I truly believe he is a great manager, tactician and motivator.

For me the failings of our side come in midfield. It's utter dross. We've got 4 substandard water carriers.

1. Poulsen - no comment necessary
2. Kuyt - 2 seasons ago he was at his peak. He has no touch, no pace and cuts inside or just narrows the play.
3. Lucas - yes he's improved but he's still for me not regular LFC starter material. Momo before his eye injury was a better player. He's not in the same league as Alonso or Mascha or Didi.
4 Meireles - Not sure what people see in him but tbh I saw more in Aqualani then him.

Without a functioning midfield we are fucked. These guys don't have the skill, the vision or the ability to defend the backline or provide the vision to create opportunities. I think Kenny will get more out of them than Roy ever would have but the whole lot of them need replacing.

did we honestly think that things would turn around that drastically under kenny?
i personally didn`t and maybe my opinion is blinded by my dislike of Hodgson`s tactics but i thought i saw a slight improvement tonight. whoever is to blame , rafa, hodgson i don`t know but we`re in a regelation battle here and we need to start putting points on the board fast as the longer things go on the harder things are going to get :icon_sad:
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:58 am

Your gonna have to re do that, it makes no sense
Your pissed/stoned aren't you? :hmm:

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:11 am

Your gonna have to re do that, it makes no sense
Your pissed/stoned aren't you? :hmm:
Who? Me? Makes perfect sense
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:47 pm

We certainly need three new first team players. At least actually.

The fact that we are saying that an average at best Maxi should start shows you how weak the team is.

Problem is you have to pay a lot of money for average players these days. It's very hard to find a bargain.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:04 pm

i'd go with the 3 players needed too. left and right sided midfielders and another striker. that would only give us the bare bones of a starting 11

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:05 pm

I think violence may just be the answer here.

I'd start with Lucas.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:31 pm

I think violence may just be the answer here.

I'd start with Lucas.
violence is never the answer :shakey:

but it does make you feel better :nodding:

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:31 pm

If it makes that little fuck realise that there is jack shit skill involved in passing a ball backwards every time you get a touch then a good kicking would be certainly justified.

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:37 am

When is this supposed 'Dalglish effect' supposed to kick in?

I'm sorry but today was no better than the Roy era. Played well in periods, lacking in the final third, dodgy at the back.

I'm a huge fan of Dalglish but thus far I've seen no evidence that we will turn the corner.

The only good thing he's done is drop Konchesky.

I want this to work but I don't think it will. Jesus could be in the dugout, but with the sqaud we've got not even he could perform miracles.

Watched Spurs earlier and they are light years ahead of us at the moment.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:00 am

I'm sorry but today was no better than the Roy era. Played well in periods, lacking in the final third, dodgy at the back.

I'm a huge fan of Dalglish but thus far I've seen no evidence that we will turn the corner.

I want this to work but I don't think it will. Jesus could be in the dugout, but with the sqaud we've got not even he could perform miracles.

Pipe down ffs

Rome overnight n all that

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:16 am

Pipe down ffs

Rome overnight n all that
Why should I? Nearly a third defeat in a row for Kenny, hardly progress eh? When I watch a 90 minute match the least I expect is the team to play for 90 minutes, not fuck about for 10 minutes here and there. These guys earn millions....................how many of our current squad have excelled this season?

'Once Roy goes we'll all start sucking each others dicks again'

Roy was never the problem

OUR SQUAD ARE FUCKING LAZY BASTARDS

Return to “Football Forum”