Todays match.

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Lap
Posting Freak

Todays match.

Postby Lap » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Without sounding like a lolonliner knob, just wondering what your predictions for todays game are now (seeing as we all had pretty much agreed on a kicking before yesterday)

Draw i reckon

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

RE: Todays match.

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Yeah sounds about right. Kenny related excitement aside, fergie is no fool and will know how to manipulate this to his advantage. I think he'll tell his players to weather the storm as priority one.

Also, we still have the same players as Roy had, it depends which of them decide to turn up. Though if they don't they're fresh out of excuses now.

Fascinating prospect this game.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:50 pm

tbh i can't see anything other than a utd win only because i don't think 1 day is enough time to prepare for a game against utd . as long as the players play with a bit of heart i'll be pleased. for me the blackpool will be when kenny's reign starts for me
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:50 pm

tbh i can't see anything other than a utd win only because i don't think 1 day is enough time to prepare for a game against utd . as long as the players play with a bit of heart i'll be pleased. for me the blackpool will be when kenny's reign starts for me

Lorenzo
Posting Freak

Postby Lorenzo » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:00 pm

It will depend on our back line. If they turn up, we might just nick it. Gerrard and torres can be quite menacing when in the mood, and today, i think they'll be up for it. I think skyrtel (if playing) has the ability to keep Rooney quiet if his concentration lasts for 90mins. I think we're in a better position than most people think, plus we are fuckin liverpool, so a win for me ted:)

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:02 pm

It will depend on our back line. If they turn up, we might just nick it. Gerrard and torres can be quite menacing when in the mood, and today, i think they'll be up for it. I think skyrtel (if playing) has the ability to keep Rooney quiet if his concentration lasts for 90mins. I think we're in a better position than most people think, plus we are fuckin liverpool, so a win for me ted:)
Plinkett likes this. :icon_thumbsup:

Lorenzo
Posting Freak

Postby Lorenzo » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:19 pm

These players have waited their whole career to play for a man like Kenny. Today that dream will come true. No more history lessons on how things used to be, no more stories of how we used to play. No more half time team talks on what used to be acceptable as a liverpool team. We will be expected to win, Kenny expects us to win. He'll tell them, if you're not good enough to win, you're not good enough for liverpool and your not good enough to play for me. He'll grab each player by the hair, kick them in the Bollox and tell then to go out and fight for you're place in the next match. If you wince out of a tackle, if you switch off for 2 seconds, don't come back into this dressing room, just pick and exit and leave with the supporters. I'm quite optimistic about this game:)

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:27 pm

Kenny only stepped off the plane late last night so he only really takes charge this morning
It's not really enough time to prepare for a game like this, raising the mood is not enough to beat Man U at OT
So in reality it's all down to the shithouse players who haven't been doing their job properly for weeks. We need big games from Johnson, the left back whoever that may be, Soto and Skrtel were shite the other night both need massive improvements I'd even play agger ahead of either of them.
United could well play 4 up top with Rooney and Nani out wide and berbatov and chichito in the middle, we'd never cope with that playing like we did @ Blackburn

Bren
Posting Freak

Postby Bren » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:30 pm

That's it Lar hair pulling and bollock kicking, that's the attitude for today...

I'm fucking buzzing for today can't wait... Really hope we get a win, but even some good football would be nice...

Remember the days the team would be at the opposition from the off and we'd nearly be gauranteed a goal in the first 10 mins, under Rafa, well I'm going for that type of opening and going for 2-1

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Can you imagine if somehow we played slick pass and move football, moving it around in little triangles, suckering them in to mistakes, scoring freely etc how it would make old Roy feel?

Wishful thinking I know

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Its down to Torres and Gerrard as far is im concerned if those two are up for it and firing on all cylinders we win. Its easier to think we can't do it and foresee a predictable jammy Utd win but im sick of negative thinking about our team.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Can you imagine if somehow we played slick pass and move football, moving it around in little triangles, suckering them in to mistakes, scoring freely etc how it would make old Roy feel?

Wishful thinking I know
if people had given roy a chance instead of the modern 'knee jerk reaction' fan we might have :rollol:

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:09 pm

If our overpaid superstars stop feeling sorry for themselves for 90 minutes then there is absolutely no reason why we can't win.

United have been poor all season and extremely lucky, and its time someone showed them for what they are.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Wishful thinking I know
if people had given roy a chance instead of the modern 'knee jerk reaction' fan we might have :rollol:
It was still knee jerking, just because he's been sacked doesn't automatically make you right.

Are we really going to do this today? Aren't there better things to think about? I'm not in the mood for taking digs for having a bit of loyalty and hope. Ah fuck it, fuck off, you're not spoiling my good mood.
Last edited by VAN HALEN on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:21 pm

I just want us to play positively all of the players to stand up and be counted no more sulking no more negative shit. You have to go to Old Trafford and give it the full gun :icon_mad: [/video]

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:23 pm

My honest opinion is that we're going to lose, and that we're not even going to score.

I do think the team performances are going to be much improved in the coming weeks though.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:17 pm

My honest opinion is that we're going to lose, and that we're not even going to score.

I do think the team performances are going to be much improved in the coming weeks though.
i'd tend to agree with ya mate but as long as there is an improvement then we're heading in the right direction

Wishful thinking I know
It was still knee jerking, just because he's been sacked doesn't automatically make you right.

Are we really going to do this today? Aren't there better things to think about? I'm not in the mood for taking digs for having a bit of loyalty and hope. Ah fuck it, fuck off, you're not spoiling my good mood.
jesus relax the head rich. i was only having a mess
Last edited by darkvoid on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:21 pm

:icon_thumbsup:

Just fed up with the Roy stuff already, it's done now.
Plus I just noticed it was a laughing roll eyes, not just a roll eyes :icon_redface:

Makes all the difference tbf :icon_lol:
Last edited by VAN HALEN on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool team: Reina, Kelly, Aurelio, Agger, Skrtel, Meireles, Lucas, Maxi, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres.

Thank fuck Johnsons out. Learn how to defend son.

His wifes about to pop so Johnson hasn't been dropped.
Last edited by Rafatolah on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcfly

Postby mcfly » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Did you lot see what Johhnson put on his twitter about Merson? Pretty funny tbh. People were a bit 'it's distasteful errr :spaz: ' about it but I thought it was spot on, Merson is a cunt.

Return to “Football Forum”