FAI coaching badges

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Bren
Posting Freak

FAI coaching badges

Postby Bren » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:33 am

More so for the Irish lads, but I was just wondering if anyone or they know anyone who has done the badges and how to go about getting them ??

Looking to get it organized before the end of the year... Would love to teach ball stateside for when/ if We move.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

RE: FAI coaching badges

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:10 pm

My brother in law started his in august with cabinteely fc
It's a long process because if a club cannot fill an exam the Fai will pool you with other clubs and it can take a while for classes to fill
A lot of coaches I know don't even bother, at my sons old club (ballybrack) none of the coaches had them

I suppose the first step is finding a decent club who regulary get coaches their badges and are willing to take you on
We were at St Pauls out your way recently and I was impressed with their set up

Bren
Posting Freak

Postby Bren » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Cheers for that Dub will ask another local team, St Malachys, one of the men who used to be involved with them is high up in the FAI, Maurice Flemming, think he's vice president or something?? Well was the last time I was at an Ireland match

Lorenzo
Posting Freak

Postby Lorenzo » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:36 am

If you are not with a club, contact the FAI directly. They run courses in different areas all the time so you may finish them quicker this way. My dad has them all but he was coching back in the 80's and 90's. Talk to your contact and see what he says.

Bren
Posting Freak

Postby Bren » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:09 am

Cheers Lar will do

Lorenzo
Posting Freak

Postby Lorenzo » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:16 am

I'm training to be a mentor with the local Gaa club, only just done the first one 2 months ago. One of the other guys on the course is starting up a new soccer club quite close to us and is looking for my young fella to play with them. I'll hopefully get to help them set up the club and then probably go for the fai badges too

Return to “Football Forum”