What's the point eh????

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Rafatolah

What's the point eh????

Postby Rafatolah » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:50 pm

I thought about this before I got up this morning.......................

What chance did Roy ever have when our 'famous' support, the 'best' supporters in the world refused to give the guy a chance before he even stepped foot in Melwood? This is most certainly not the Liverpool way.

I got berated time and time and time again over on LFCOnline for not supporting Rafa, depsite having witnessed 5 seasons of turgid football, 5 seasons of the same selection cock-ups, 5 seasons of the same stubborn non-sensical interviews, 5 seasons of ME ME ME.

Roy is an honest man and I really feel for the guy, he's been here less than 6 months and sure, results haven't gone our way, but I still believe he deserves a fair crack of the whip. He's been nothing but honest, he hasn't tried to hide once. The complete opposite of Rafa.

I would like it put on record that I gave Roy a chance and continue to do so. 6 months in any football job is not long enough to make your mark. Had Rafa not won the Champions League in his first season he would never have lasted 5 seasons. He was a very lucky manager and lived off that success the whole time.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

RE: What's the point eh????

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:44 pm

It was almost impossible for him with the hardcore once Dalglish expressed an interest and in some way whoever his successor is will also have this problem, the only way to put this to bed is give Kenny the job temp until the end of the season and he and everyone else can get it out of their system

Back to Hodgson, has he been treated unfairly? I don't think so
He wasn't good enough to begin with, would Mourihno be afforded 6 months or a season to implement his tactics at any club? No is the answer
And rightly so, these are paid millions and are dealing with professionals so realistically it should be bedded in in 6 days

Contrary to what I've post over the last while I was willing to give him a chance to begin with, it was because I voiced the opinion that it was very "un-Liverpool like" to condemn him to failure to begin with that got me banned from lolonline and if you look back over the early pages of the Liverpool thread on here it's there too
But the longer it becomes evident he is not for us the quicker (I think) it should be nipped in the bud

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:12 am

Both valid points and both sum up how ive been feeling.
Rafa - i had lost faith in him quite some time ago.
Roy- i feell for the guy and have felt that he really should have been given the time to stamp his authority.

However after Wolves and the strength of the team he had at his disposal, itsclear he cant motivate the team who seem to be confused by his tactics and affected by the reaction of the kop.
Time to part company whilst there is still some hope of rescuing the season to some degree.

And before you ask who would i appoint...

Would love to see O Neill take the reigns,

the irish fucker.
Last edited by Lap on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:18 am

Much as I think it won't work out I think it'll forever be a monkey on our back if Dalglish is not given a chance and let's face it 5 months under him could not be worse than the 5 or 6 Roy has put in

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:24 am

What chance did Roy ever have when our 'famous' support, the 'best' supporters in the world refused to give the guy a chance before he even stepped foot in Melwood? This is most certainly not the Liverpool way.

I got berated time and time and time again over on LFCOnline for not supporting Rafa, depsite having witnessed 5 seasons of turgid football, 5 seasons of the same selection cock-ups, 5 seasons of the same stubborn non-sensical interviews, 5 seasons of ME ME ME.

Roy is an honest man and I really feel for the guy, he's been here less than 6 months and sure, results haven't gone our way, but I still believe he deserves a fair crack of the whip. He's been nothing but honest, he hasn't tried to hide once. The complete opposite of Rafa.

I would like it put on record that I gave Roy a chance and continue to do so. 6 months in any football job is not long enough to make your mark. Had Rafa not won the Champions League in his first season he would never have lasted 5 seasons. He was a very lucky manager and lived off that success the whole time.
I agree. I was fucked off the other night as I always am when we lose but still think its unfair to cast him out and especially to call him cunt etc.

I thhink one full season is the bare minimum.

Rafa could have been a true great but he fucked himself up in a big way. Trying to sell Alonso for Barry was his big mistake and the rest snowballed from there.

I still like to hope Roy can turn things around and hope he does. If he does put a run of wins together and starts getting things on track a lot of LFC fans will be eating their words. Maybe too much damage has been done already in the eyes of other fans, who knows.
Last edited by VAN HALEN on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:35 am

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:52 am

Good read about Roys state of mind
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2010/12/en ... e-or-quit/

Entitlement - that's just that hacks take on things- obviious that he does not like roy . As for regurgitating all those quotes from so many years ago , ffs if a manager has no belief in his achievements then he should not be in charge - self promotion is nothing new in their profession

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:56 am

Trying to sell Alonso for Barry was his big mistake and the rest snowballed from there.
That really was unbelievable wasn't it?

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:08 am

Trying to sell Alonso for Barry was his big mistake and the rest snowballed from there.
In hindsight yes but at the time it was perfectly reasonable
Alonso had come off 2 mediocre seasons - Barry was in the form of his life
Barry could also play central midfield, left midfield and left back all problem positions for us at the time with the possible exception of central midfield but that all depended on how alonso was playing

Had rafa had the money and chasing Barry did not involve whoring alonso then all this would have been perfectly fine
Alienating himself from Alonso was his massive failing but then that shows us to be something of a one man team which at the time it certainly didn't feel that way and it certainly wasn't Alonso's one man team

No one could have predicted how it would pan out
I forget the point I was going to make now :wave:

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:42 am

i don`t get why ye totally blame rafa for everything yet want to have a love in with roy :icon_confused:

as Dub said Alonso hadn`t being playin good when rafa tried to sell him.
Barry was English(needed because of champ lge rules) and could play in a number of positions as well plus was playin again as dub said he was in top form
the whole situation probably inspired Alonso into the form of his life that season but if it had never happend would it have been just another poor season from him :shakey:
at the time i was a against the sale as i didn`t overly rate Barry(29 i think) and the guy was to old for the money Villa were looking for him but the damage was done
hindsight is a great thing isn`t it

------------
GIVE ROY A CHANCE

fucksake he`s taken us into a relegation battle
fair enough we can`t expect to be challanging for the league and even the champ lge might have been a bit much to expect but sorry there`s no way i can except being 3 pts off relegation with a minus goal difference after 19 games

peple keep talking about if we go on a run we`ll pull out of trouble
well thats a big if isn`t it. to go on a run you have to be able to win 3 or 4 consecutive games but we usually play 1 home then 1 away and have you not seen how we`ve been playing away so you can fuck that right out the window cos i can`t see us winning another away game all season

he`s payed big bucks to get results and it doesn`t matter if the players ain`t preforming because the buck stops with him as it does with any manager of any football team

plinkett had a arguement with me the other day (pre wolves) when i said i at least expected some entertainment (meaning creating chances) from our team but he turned around and said that that didn`t matter, all that mattered was results. Well afer the Wolves game neither of us got what we wanted :icon_frown:

I never want Hodgson but i had kinda excepted that he would get the season and at least people (like ye guys) could say he got his shot and we then all could move on and all get behind the new manager but fucking hell after wednesday i just can`t take it anymore. His tactics don`t work , he`s unwilling/unable to change them so he has to go for the good of the club

I totally agree with again with what Dub said about kenny. he`s not the ideal choice but give him the six months. it`ll put to bed the whole manager thing and once again us as fans can totally back the new boss who ever it maybe
In hindsight yes but at the time it was perfectly reasonable
Alonso had come off 2 mediocre seasons - Barry was in the form of his life
Barry could also play central midfield, left midfield and left back all problem positions for us at the time with the possible exception of central midfield but that all depended on how alonso was playing

Had rafa had the money and chasing Barry did not involve whoring alonso then all this would have been perfectly fine
Alienating himself from Alonso was his massive failing but then that shows us to be something of a one man team which at the time it certainly didn't feel that way and it certainly wasn't Alonso's one man team

No one could have predicted how it would pan out
I forget the point I was going to make now :wave:
Have to say Keith you`re talking alot of sense today, i actually agree with most of the stuff you`ve posted :icon_thumbsup:

have you not been drinking today :icon_mrgreen:
Last edited by darkvoid on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:32 am

You do understand that if we finish 6th this year thats still an improvement over last.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:52 am

do you really think that is goin to happen?

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:53 am

Absolutely

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:56 am

16th maybe

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:42 am

I agree. I was fucked off the other night as I always am when we lose but still think its unfair to cast him out and especially to call him cunt etc.

I thhink one full season is the bare minimum.

Rafa could have been a true great but he fucked himself up in a big way. Trying to sell Alonso for Barry was his big mistake and the rest snowballed from there.

I still like to hope Roy can turn things around and hope he does. If he does put a run of wins together and starts getting things on track a lot of LFC fans will be eating their words. Maybe too much damage has been done already in the eyes of other fans, who knows.
Why does he need one season? He's not the man for the job. Take Rafa out of the equation. Forget him, he's gone. Look at Roy as an individual, as the manager at the moment. I'll even say put aside the bollocks he talks about in the press. Look at what is happening on the pitch. There is not one glimmer of hope. We are in a relegation battle. Fuck it - I didn't think we'd get 4th but I didn't think come XMAS/New Year we'd seriously be looking at fixtures struggling to see where we'll pick up points.

Wigan, Stoke, Wolves, Blackpool - have all taken points from us. Wigan played us off the park. It wasn't even close - we were lucky to get the draw. Now you could look at the players (and they don't escape blame) but Roy is the manager - he is the one that should be instilling confidence and drive into these guys. I think they've lost faith with him.

If Roy can pick up a LMA award last year then he can certainly be blamed for a lot of our football this season.

Also, what's all this stuff about him being "honest" - I couldn't give a fuck about his perceived honesty tbh. It means nothing to me.
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:52 am

Eggs act Lee

No top manager should be given so much time whilst producing such poor results

Yous are being too romantic about the situ, time to realistic

But according to :ninja: he has got as long as it takes to get the right man
Which means the summer
Which means 5 more months of crap
Which means "avoiding relegation" the shame, mighty falling :Picard:

What's the point...indeed

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:24 pm

You just admitted Roy is a top manager :hmmlol:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:32 pm

I don't how I have but....

I even if he is doesn't mean he is right...... Ah fuck it :icon_mad: they are not going to sack him til may so we ALL have to except this fucking abortionate excuse for football for the rest of the season

My nyr is to get my badges because there is millions to be made from drawing matchstick men as premier league tactics

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Eggs act Lee

No top manager should be given so much time whilst producing such poor results

Yous are being too romantic about the situ, time to realistic

But according to :ninja: he has got as long as it takes to get the right man
Which means the summer
Which means 5 more months of crap
Which means "avoiding relegation" the shame, mighty falling :Picard:

What's the point...indeed
are you serious? he's going to be there till may ffs! so much for getting the new year of to a good start :-( , there's always something that fucks it up from get go every year!

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:46 pm

So can we take it as given that he's going to be there til the end of the season and stop moaning about it? Then if he does go before you can celebrate as much as you like til the next fella comes in and you can start the process again.

Return to “Football Forum”