the press confrence- hopefully his last!!

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
darkvoid
Posting Freak

the press confrence- hopefully his last!!

Postby darkvoid » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:26 am

Roy Hodgson spoke of his disappointment after Liverpool slipped to a 1-0 defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers at Anfield on Wednesday night.

Stephen Ward's second-half goal secured victory for the visitors on a night of frustration for the Reds.

Afterwards, Hodgson told reporters: "We came here tonight really hoping that after not playing for a while we would get out and give a great performance, fly around the field and play well - but in fact we did just the opposite.

"It was probably as bad a team performance as we've given, certainly here at Anfield, and to compound the problems we gave them a goal as well, so we don't have a disappointing nil-nil, we have an even more disappointing 0-1.

"Credit to Wolves, they did well. Their game plan was good, they stuck at it and they were very physical in a lot of challenges all over the field, and I don't think we had the tempo or intensity in our game to be able to say we deserved anything more than what we got.

"It's a sad way to end 2010 and a sad first game after three weeks in front of our own supporters, who we were desperate to show we can move up the table and we've let them down.

"They made that perfectly clear to us and I can only empathise with them - if I was a supporter I would be extremely disappointed as well with that performance, as are all the players.

"But football's football. It was a day at the office. They (the players) didn't go out there to play badly or not give their best, it just didn't work for us. There were very few players who came off the field thinking, 'That was as good as I can give.'"

On the frustration of the fans, Hodgson continued: "I'm getting used to it, that's the way it is.

"I don't like hearing those things of course because I want to do the best job I can do, I'm working as hard as I can, so I can't say it's something I really appreciate but at the same time I am not in control of those things and it's the Kop's way, the Anfield way, of showing that they are not happy at the moment with what the team is doing.

"As the manager, you take responsibility for that, so I have to take that criticism on the chin as well."

"All I can say is I think it's time for people to really try to help us along because it's not through want of trying that we're not winning matches or didn't win tonight's game, it's because, I'm afraid, we lacked a little bit of quality and lacked a little bit of confidence.

"The negativity does affect confidence because players are a little bit anxious to get on the ball and do what they can do for fear they're going to make a mistake."

The manager continued: "I have seen times like this before. My belief I can turn this around is that the belief I have in my own ability and I know the players are working hard and working hard to give success as well as the club, but at the moment they are not succeeding."

Reporters quizzed Hodgson on the fitness of Steven Gerrard, who appeared to be clutching his calf towards the end of the contest.

He replied: "Luckily it's cramp, which wasn't good, but unfortunately because we were losing and because I was desperate to do something different and freshen up the team, I'd used up all my substitutes. Had I not done so, I would have taken him off."

Liverpool are back in action on New Years Day when they play host to Bolton at Anfield.

Hodgson added: "Seeing the players in the dressing room, I don't think it is going to be too difficult demanding a response. It's going to be about picking them up after the disappointment they feel at not doing the job tonight.

"I think we are capable of it and certainly the players will be very anxious to do that.

"We've got some chances to freshen the team up and we'll have to continually do that anyway because there are so many games coming up. With games every three days, you cannot expect them to play even if you wanted to."

-----------------------------
sorry people but what the fuck is the guy talking about the anfield way.?
is he taking the piss or does he not actually know anything about this club.
Liverpool fans don`t gererally boo their team or sing for a new manager
so is he taking a swipe at us now because his team served up the worst preformance that i have had the displeasure of watching from a liverpool team

FUCK OFF NOW ROY. YA USELESS FACESLAPPING IDIOT
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

RE: the press confrence- hopefully his last!!

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:45 am

If he is still manager come everton in 2 weeks time we WILL be in the relegation mix

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Oh good another Roy out thread. I think I might ban myself, it's getting unbearable.
Last edited by VAN HALEN on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Oh good another Roy out thread. I think I might ban myself, it's getting unbearable.
i started this one just for you :nodding: :nodding: :nodding:

wasn`t it good how i didn`t say anything during the game though :nodding:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Haha, I posted that when I woke up in a grotty mood then thought better of it and deleted it, or so I thought.

Ah well. However we get the idea tbf. Scrutinising these little things will be irrelevant when he gets the boot later :82y01op:
Haha, I posted that when I woke up in a grotty mood then thought better of it and deleted it, or so I thought.

Ah well. However we get the idea, no need to keep banging on about it. Scrutinising these little things will be irrelevant when he gets the boot later :82y01op:
Last edited by VAN HALEN on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Ah well. However we get the idea tbf. Scrutinising these little things will be irrelevant when he gets the boot later :82y01op:

Ah well. However we get the idea, no need to keep banging on about it. Scrutinising these little things will be irrelevant when he gets the boot later :82y01op:
ha ha you just posted that twice :WTF:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:26 pm

Bloody phone

Return to “Football Forum”