Liverpool FC Thread

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Roly
Posting Freak

Re: Liverpool FC Thread

Postby Roly » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Fair play :adorepoundittoppa:

Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah have equalled a goalscoring feat last achieved for Liverpool by Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish.

Mane's strike in Sunday's 2-1 win over Fulham saw him move level with Salah as the Reds' top scorer this season on 20 goals.

And the Senegalese's 26th-minute opener at Craven Cottage also means he and his teammate are the first pair to register 20 or more goals in successive campaigns for Liverpool for 36 years.

In 2017-18, Mane and Salah scored 20 and 44 times respectively to help fire Jürgen Klopp's team to the Champions League final.

Club legends Rush and Dalglish were the last Liverpool twosome to reach the 20+ mark in back-to-back seasons, doing so in 1981-82 and 1982-83.

Rush netted 30 and 31 times while Dalglish scored 22 and 20 as Bob Paisley's Reds landed consecutive league title and League Cup doubles.

Only one Liverpool pair have ever managed to hit the 20-goal mark over three successive terms: Roger Hunt and Ian St John, who did so under Bill Shankly in 1961-62, 1962-63 and 1963-64.

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:49 pm

Gini and van djik scored last night

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Just hope no one gets hurt

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:08 am

Lfc legends vs ac Milan legends today.ive been the last 2 but not gone today.

The players in the Milan team are :poundit:

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:15 pm

:icon_lol:

Roy Hodgson allegedly sold the wrong player by mistake when he was in charge of Liverpool in an incredible transfer gaffe from the veteran boss. Hodgson took charge of Liverpool in 2010, lasting just six months at Anfield before he was sacked the following January.

In his one pre-season in charge, Hodgson brought in left-back Paul Konchesky from former club Fulham, with academy players Alexander Kacaniklic and Lauri Dalla Valle going the other way as part of the deal.

However, Kacaniklic has sensationally revealed that Hodgson did not mean to let him go, instead thinking it was another ‘Alex’ that was heading for Craven Cottage. Hodgson got the wrong Alex! (Picture: Getty Images) ‘It was a bit difficult for Liverpool to replace me,’ Kacaniklic told podcast Lundh. ‘When I was in Fulham and before I signed up, I had a conversation with Roy Hodgson on the phone, where we found out that he had changed the wrong Alex.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:14 pm

I'd love to hear Void's thoughts on that :icon_surprised:

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:27 am

:picardfacepalm:

Ex-Liverpool striker Michael Owen has blamed Anfield legend Ian Rush for his controversial departure from the club. 

Owen joined Real Madrid in 2004 for £8m - plus midfielder Antonio Nunez as a makeweight - before returning to the Premier League after just one season, with spells at Newcastle, Manchester United and Stoke. His Manchester United stint particularly angered Liverpool fans, with his role as club ambassador repeatedly questioned by the Anfield faithful. 

Cant fault him for what he did when he was here though.bloody great great finisher.also won that Euro player of the year award.

When he won us the fa cup against arsenal when really we should of lost.

Hes still a knobhead though.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:36 am

What did he say about Rush?

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:54 am

Is he saying he actually wanted to stay now?

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:51 am

Conscious of his frosty reception, Owen has claimed that he was inspired to leave by Rush, as he believed he could similarly return to the club if he wished to do so. Rush scored 346 goals for ​Liverpool across two spells, and was welcomed back with open arms after he returned to Merseyside following a season in Italy with ​Juventus. 

Owen was on track for similar adoration and status, scoring 118 league goals for the club since his debut as a 17 year old, including a brace against ​Arsenal in the 2001 FA Cup final that delivered the trophy for the Reds. However, despite speculation, Owen's return to Liverpool never materialised, ensuring that he would never be a fan favourite on Merseyside again. 

Speaking to the ​Liverpool Echo, Owen reminisced: "Why did I move? In many ways, my sheer bloody mindedness, the sheer will to succeed, my self-belief

"I don’t know what it was, but I just couldn’t live with myself if I’d have said no to going to Real Madrid.

''I blame Rushie (Ian Rush) because I looked at him and was thinking 'he went to Juventus for a year and came back and that's perfect.' I was convincing myself that I could just go for a year or two and then come back. And that's, in the end, how I made the decision because I was tossing and turning.''
Owen revealed that the prospect of joining ​Real Madrid's 'Galacitcos' was just too tempting, adding: "The whole experience of taking my family away to live in a foreign country, I just thought I had to go try. I just thought I’d go and at least I’ve tried it.

"And if I didn’t, I could be sat here talking to you and saying ‘One day I got asked to play with that Galacticos team with Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos.’

"So I just convinced myself it was the right thing to do. It was an opportunity I would never get again."

The former Reds star also claimed that his greatest regret was not returning to Anfield as a Liverpool player, blaming injuries and the wealth of strikers playing at the time.

"Sadly, from my point of view, the dream path throughout your career didn’t transpire," he said. "Once you leave who knows what’s going to happen next. And despite efforts to, so many different type of efforts, whether it be meeting with Rafa Benitez and then Fernando Torres coming and Luis Suarez coming and thinking you’re close.

"Then you do your knee in the summer and all these different scenarios... Yes, I was sort of dreaming of a return virtually every season for quite a few years until I knew it wasn’t going to happen."

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:14 am

He went to united.

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:18 am

Yeah that's the thing isn't.I never had an issue with him going real.Fuck with the players they had,I'd of gone.

At the time I wish he'd come back, but for whatever reason he didnt.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:39 am

Remember that prospectus thing he had made because no one wanted him because his hamstrings were made of cobwebs :icon_lol: :picardfacepalm:

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:47 am

No I dont lol

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:49 am

Newcastle offered him more wages, he was pictured with Rafa at the time, when he was leaving Real but chose the cash at Newcastle

He could’ve came back at that stage but went for the money, then he went to pigs. Does he think no one remembers?

Prick

Edit- yeah I remember he sent out a fucking brochure when he was looking for a club

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:50 am

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:14 pm

That's the one, the cringe real :icon_lol:

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:29 pm

Brand values - Fit and Healthy

Well that's false advertising #sicknote

:icon_lol:

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:01 am

My hatred for Man U is so bad, that they had an X Box tournament on the TV's. Liverpool v Man U was the semi final, and I was just fucking aching for us to beat them.

We were winning 2-0 when I left. Son Heung-min scored both goals :Dave'sarseholeafteraFridaynight:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:21 am

Eh?

Return to “Football Forum”