Liverpool FC Thread

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
darkvoid
Posting Freak

RE: Liverpool FC Thread

Postby darkvoid » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:59 am

On the back of the paper today that Torres can no longer be persuaded to stay because he has 'beef' with the club (the owners).

"Unfortunately, I cannot do much more. His beef is with the club and not me," the paper quoted Hodgson as saying.
which paper is it josh?

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:59 am

It can't take much longer surely? Fuck him if he wants to go.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:01 am

exactly if he wants to go then fuck off. i`d prefer him to want to to stay but ..

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:24 am

On the back of the paper today that Torres can no longer be persuaded to stay because he has 'beef' with the club (the owners).

"Unfortunately, I cannot do much more. His beef is with the club and not me," the paper quoted Hodgson as saying.
which paper is it josh?
Mail on Sunday

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:07 pm

A lot going on in this article from The independant this morning.Linked with Drenthe, who I don't remember being that great a defender, but was good going forward.Just like our other full back.

The Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano is understood to have told the club's new manager Roy Hodgson that he wants to leave Anfield, having met with him for the first time yesterday after returning to pre-season training.

The 26-year-old's representatives knew that he was set on leaving the club but he appears to have made that clear even earlier than they had anticipated, having been unwilling to go through the motions of training at Melwood in the knowledge that his future lay elsewhere.

Though a £25m move to reunite him with his former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez at Internazionale is the most likely outcome, Real Madrid is another possible destination for Mascherano and also Barcelona, if the Catalan club's move for Cesc Fabregas fails.

The Argentina captain had been uncontactable by Hodgson since going on holiday after the World Cup but arrived back at Melwood on schedule, along with his compatriot Maxi Rodriguez. It meant Hodgson was able to speak to a player who has made 93 performances for Liverpool and a further seven on loan from West Ham.

Hodgson had not held out any great hope of persuading Mascherano to stay, having been able only to leave several messages after the World Cup saying he was looking forward to meeting him on Merseyside.

The player's departure will at least give Hodgson a substantial sum to reinvest in another central midfielder and to seek the left back he needs.

Liverpool dismissed in the strongest possible terms last night British radio reports that a deal to take Torres, who is on holiday, to Chelsea has been concluded. Carragher has high hopes that Torres will be persuaded to stay at the club, though he has cautioned that Liverpool can expect neither the major investment in players which the Spaniard has been hoping for, nor a Premier League title at the end of the season. For the first time in his Liverpool career, Carragher played down title expectations and said that instead Liverpool must aspire to the top-four finish which will see them re-enter the Champions League in the 2011-12 season.

"Liverpool aren't a club like Real Madrid, who can just throw £100m at it if we don't win the title," Carragher said. "For clubs like Real Madrid and Inter Milan, it's a disaster if they don't win the League, so they go out and spend big money on new players. Liverpool can't do that – we have to build. Next season we have to concentrate on getting back into the top four."

Liverpool also moved last night to reject a claim by Real Madrid's £9m rated Dutch player Royston Drenthe that he is moving to Anfield, a development that did nothing to solve the club's problematic lack of a left-back.

Though Wigan's Maynor Figueroa interests Hodgson, Drenthe, who can also operate as a left-winger, claimed on his Facebook page that he is set to move to Anfield. "I will soon be joining Liverpool FC. I hope I will have a good season," he said. Hodgson can ill afford to delay in his move to fill a position which is the club's biggest priority. The departure of Argentine Emiliano Insua to Fiorentina for £4.5m earlier this summer left the club with no recognised left-back, following the departure of Andrea Dossena to Napoli in January and Fabio Aurelio's exit as a free agent after his failure to agree a new contract. Drenthe, 23, a former Dutch Under-21 international, has been frustrated in Spain, having played just 46 times since he arrived three years ago from Feyenoord.

Liverpool's medical staff have warned Hodgson against bringing back the likes of Gerrard, Carragher, Glen Johnson, the new signing Joe Cole and Daniel Agger for Thursday's Europa League third qualifying round against FK Rabotnicki in Macedonia, suggesting playing them too soon may have effects later in the season. But a largely reserve side has failed to score in two pre-season friendlies and Hodgson admits he may not be able to take that risk. One senior player who will be available is the midfielder Alberto Aquilani, who sat out Saturday's friendly defeat to Kaiserslautern with a knee problem.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:15 pm

I liked Drenthe.

I remember ages ago we were linked with him then he fouled a Liverpool player once and the whole of lolfclollinelol was like 'fuck him he's a cunt we don't want his sort here'

Made me want him more

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:58 pm

I remember that thread quite clearly actually.REG was one of the only one's telling everyone to shut up.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:34 am

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:42 am

Yeah saw that, knew he woulodn't bail.

Mascherano can get to fuck. Apparently Rodriguez is off to Espanyol

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:31 am

Mascherano can fuck off.Shitbag.Don't really care much for Rodriguez anyway, so bye bye to him as well.

Good news about Torres though, but I have no idea what our midfield will look like in a few weeks time.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:11 am

Mascherano can fuck off.Shitbag.Don't really care much for Rodriguez anyway, so bye bye to him as well.

Good news about Torres though, but I have no idea what our midfield will look like in a few weeks time.
thats it, i like your style. You have a real way with words :adore: :adore:

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Luke Young. £2.5million from Villa. I really can't see anything positive about this signing - even if it is back-up.
Last edited by spy on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:31 pm

Maybe it's the wrong Young

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Luke Young. £2.5million from Villa. I really can't see anything positive about this signing - even if it is back-up.
Not the signings we're looking for, but he's not that bad is he? Konchesky has been linked as well, not so sure about him.

These are the signings we'll get this year chaps.In saying that Dossena cost seven million and done nothing, so I always try to reserve my judgement until they've played a few games.
Actually, I didn't realise that young is thirty one.Though he was about twenty five.This seems expensive.
Last edited by Van Halen are Fucking Pump on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Raul ?...

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Not the signings we're looking for, but he's not that bad is he? Konchesky has been linked as well, not so sure about him.

These are the signings we'll get this year chaps.In saying that Dossena cost seven million and done nothing, so I always try to reserve my judgement until they've played a few games.
Actually, I didn't realise that young is thirty one.Though he was about twenty five.This seems expensive.
this is what i vwas expecting from hodgson from the begining. we were just lucky cole was out there on a free

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:12 pm

Jimmy Bullard...?

mcfly

Postby mcfly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm not too confident about Young coming, but if he does I'll give him a chance before I start slating him. I'm sure I wouldn't hurt his feelings anyway tbf.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:26 pm

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 pm

:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Return to “Football Forum”