Liverpool FC Thread

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

RE: Liverpool FC Thread

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:21 am

Yep agree about Aquilani. Still would like to see Babel though, maybe against the Arse.
I'm touching cloth so I'm going to go for a dump. Bet we score while I do.
Last edited by VAN HALEN on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:28 am

You really love Babel don't you?
Fucking hell.Roboniki hit the post.
Last edited by Van Halen are Fucking Pump on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:33 am

I just think he has a sort of raw talent, if he can be nurtured in the right way I think he could be world class. Pace, power, trickery. I just want to see him given a fair crack of the whip in his favoured position.

I'd hate to see him go smewhere else and become what he could be there instead.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:33 am

Joe Cole best player for me tonight, his passes have been top notch, his general movement and has been getting into space. It's exactly what we need.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:47 am

Yeah, best player tonight easily.

Some good passing going on tonight, shame there was not more goals though.

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:02 am

I just think he has a sort of raw talent, if he can be nurtured in the right way I think he could be world class. Pace, power, trickery. I just want to see him given a fair crack of the whip in his favoured position.

Agree with all of that. :icon_thumbsup:
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:35 pm

I think we done well in the first leg when you look at the team we put out, but it's too early to compare the managers.

It'll be interesting to see what Rafa does with a talented Inter team though.

I'd love to see Cole score tonight though and get that off his back early.
I tell you what he will do Dave he will turn them into defensive boring shite. That team was all about Mourinho.

Who are you steven mctowlie ? i got all the other cunts figured out but not you captain mysterio :iconuhohshakeylp0:
Last edited by Macho Man Randy Savage on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:41 pm

I think we done well in the first leg when you look at the team we put out, but it's too early to compare the managers.

It'll be interesting to see what Rafa does with a talented Inter team though.

I'd love to see Cole score tonight though and get that off his back early.
I tell you what he will do Dave he will turn them into defensive boring shite. That team was all about Mourinho.

Who are you steven mctowlie ? i got all the other cunts figured out but not you captain mysterio :iconuhohshakeylp0:
I'm the RG-400 Smart Towel, designed with a computer chip inside the terry cloth. I was made by Tynacorp, their goal was to make the perfect towel. A towel that would sense how wet or dry the user's skin was and fluff itself accordingly. I was their greatest success. Smart enough to beat the average human at chess and absorbent enough to soak up even the toughest spills. But then one day, I got high and just sort of wandered off.

:toppa:

[my-youtube width=425 height=344][/my-youtube]
Last edited by spy on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Yup thought as much

:icon_uhoh: :iconuhohshakeylp0: :67s6qro:

:uhyes:
Last edited by Macho Man Randy Savage on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:11 am

Yup thought as much

:icon_uhoh: :iconuhohshakeylp0: :67s6qro:

:uhyes:
who are YOU? :82y01op:

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 am

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:49 am

The final paragra-[ph is the only one that counts here imo:

The situation is so opaque and there are so many spinners and agendas involved that it is impossible to predict with any certainty who might end up owning Liverpool. But all the jostling for position at least shows there is interest and that Hicks and Gillett's misadventure in English football could soon be nearing the end.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:06 pm

keep hearing that Huang is tryin to buy the loans off RBS . is that possible? could a bank just sell on somebody`s morgage if they just decided

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:14 am

The buying thing drags on for another day.
Liverpool's owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are ready to become unlikely boardroom allies in a bid to sell the club to Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi.

Sunday Mirror Sport understands that the two Americans are ready to join forces once again to back Canada-based Kirdi’s £600million plan to take over at Anfield.

Hicks and Gillett, who fell out spectacularly in the aftermath of the failed attempt to replace Rafa Benitez with Jurgen Klinsmann three years ago, have been forced into a reconciliation by Kennth Huang’s attempt to sideline them with a takeover plan that would see his Sportscorp China Ltd group purchase the club in a deal that would pay off Liverpool’s £237m debts and force the Americans out with a tiny profit.

Sunday Mirror Sport revealed in April that Huang wanted to buy Liverpool. And his offer has won support from chairman Martin Broughton, managing director Christian Purslow and director Ian Ayre.

The trio are in a position to win a majority vote if Huang’s plan is put before Liverpool’s five-man board after Gillett and Hicks recruited Broughton in March to oversee the sale of the club.

Hicks and Gillett would have to mount a legal challenge to stop the sale of Liverpool against their wishes. And that scenario now seems likely to materialise following Kirdi’s announcement that he has agreed a deal with the two owners.

A source close to the Americans said: “Liverpool will not be sold unless the deal is acceptable to the current owners. Their valuation of the club remains unchanged and it is ludicrous to think that any bid will be accepted that doesn’t meet this criteria, regardless of the make-up of the boardroom

We're also being linked with SWP.Could be a good signing, and Crouch's name has popped up again, although this article reads like a piece of shit.
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson wants to take Peter Crouch back to Anfield two years after he was shown the door by Rafa Benitez.
Hodgson has made solving Liverpool’s striker shortage his priority and is ready to test Harry Redknapp’s resolve to keep Crouch at Tottenham with a £10million offer.
Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, who played with Crouch at Anfield, have sung his praises to their new manager and Hodgson believes the 6ft 7in England international would be able to either play alongside Fernando Torres or step in whenever the Spaniard is injured or needs a rest

Despite Liverpool’s financial problems with the club currently up for sale, Hodgson will be given money for a new striker if Javier Mascherano rejoins Benitez, now in charge at Inter Milan, in a £20m deal or signs for Barcelona.
He is keen to continue bolstering the English contingent in his squad, having already signed Joe Cole from Chelsea on a Bosman.
Intriguingly, Crouch may be tempted by the opportunity to complete unfinished business at Anfield despite the lure of Champions League football at Spurs.
He helped Liverpool win the FA Cup and reach the Champions League final in three seasons at the club but was sold by Benitez to Portsmouth in 2008 to make way for Robbie Keane.
However, the success of Hodgson’s mission would still depend on the attitude of Tottenham boss Redknapp. He has managed Crouch at three clubs - Southampton, Portsmouth and Spurs - and would only sell if chairman Daniel Levy backs his plans to bring in other targets Ashley Young of Aston Villa, Sevilla’s Brazil striker Luis Fabiano, AC Milan’s Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Craig Bellamy of Manchester City.
Redknapp has so far been frustrated in the transfer market, with Levy waiting to see if Spurs beat Young Boys of Berne in a two-leg qualifying round later this month to reach the Champions League group stage.
Spurs want to reduce their squad but have not been able to so far shift players like David Bentley, Jermaine Jenas and Roman Pavlyuchenko, who are surplus to requirements.

However, Keane is still likely to go to Aston Villa once their sale of James Milner to Manchester City is completed.
Crouch has been in demand throughout his career and will be keen to have a good season after a disappointing World Cup in which manager Fabio Capello preferred to partner Wayne Rooney with Emile Heskey or Jermain Defoe despite Crouch’s 21 goals for England. Handle
Hodgson also has to deal with the interest of Barcelona, who may turn their attention to midfielder Mascherano after missing out on Cesc Fabregas.

The Spanish champions are being encouraged by Lionel Messi to make a move for his Argentina team-mate who would add steel alongside the dazzling attacking talent at the Nou Camp.
Barca were priced out of the market for Fabregas but Liverpool would be willing to listen to offers of £20-25m as they know Mascherano is keen to leave Merseyside for family reasons.
Inter manager Benitez is also keen on being reunited with Mascherano but has to wait until Mario Balotelli or Maicon are sold before he can launch a bid.
Liverpool hope two European giants competing for Mascherano will lead to a higher sale price. They would also see it as poetic justice if Benitez missed out on Mascherano after his acrimonious relations with the club hierarchy in the final few months of his time at Liverpool.
Mascherano has been a popular figure at Anfield since arriving from West Ham in 2008 but his wife has failed to settle in the north-west and the 26-year-old has wanted to quit for southern Europe for the past 12 months.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:16 am

I wouldn't be averse to SWP to be honest.

We have a strong first eleven I think but could use a little more strength in depth and he would always be good to have on the bench.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:22 am

Striker is what we need a bloody good one BUT unless we change to a 4-4-2 what quality striker wants to come and play second fiddle to nando !?

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:23 am

Exactly.Couldn't believe how spares the team looked at times last season.A few older players with quality will do us good.That Poulsen chap should be signing this week as well.

Really don't know how we're going to line up in midfield next year.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:01 pm

i can see this dragging on and on and not being done in time for the transfer window

if things are to believed and its 3 against 2 in the boardroom for the chinese dude then surely purslow must have been appointed by RBS and not those dickhead yanks as we were led to believe otherwise why would he go against them

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:55 am

Hatem Ben Arfa going on loan to Newcastle with a view to a permanent deal. This guy is class...

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:44 pm

I just had a dream we re-signed Crouch. Just thought you all should know.

But then I also dreamed I punched a good mate in the face several times which would never happen.

He'd go down after the first hit, obv. :4hvvmagme0:

Return to “Football Forum”