Roy on the owners phone in

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
darkvoid
Posting Freak

Roy on the owners phone in

Postby darkvoid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Roy Hodgson says he agrees with the club's owners about Liverpool's performances this season.

John Henry and Tom Werner appeared on a phone in on LFCTV on Monday night and after taking questions from fans stated that results have been unacceptable.

In his pre-match press conference yesterday Hodgson agreed with the owners but insisted they are all moving in the same direction to achieve long term success.

"The only team with better results than us over the past five or six games is Arsenal or Manchester United. If you take the last five or six games we are right up there in terms of results," said the boss.

"They (the owners) used the same terms as I would. If you ask me whether results this season over the 17 games we have played are acceptable and is that what you expected when you came to Liverpool Football Club, then I'd say 'no it's unacceptable and I expected much better.'

"I don't think the results over 17 games have been that good. We've been saved a bit by our European matches. We've done very well there. I've been satisfied with that because we've not always used our so-called best team.

"I'm expecting the next few games to go better. I'm expecting to see the team climb the table. I've seen what the owners said and they spoke very well - Considering it was a phone-in, they did very well.

"I don't have any fears or concerns. The owners have made it very clear. They said that they are in it for the long-term and want to be patient. They realise it will take time and that we can't turn things around overnight.

"Everything with the owners has been 100 per cent positive. They've been excellent."

------------------
did anybody see the phone in?

jesus great roy. your long term goal is for thae club to improve . wow that puts my mind at ease

so on current form we`re as good as utd and arsenal eh-fuck off you idiot. :icon_redface:

we`ve been expecting better all season and it has yet to materialise so as long as we have to play away from home we`ll be in trouble :icon_frown:

you don`t have any fears or concerns. fucksake any liverpool manager who`s team is sitting midtable should be conserned about his job otherwise he must feel he is doing a good job :icon_frown: :icon_frown:

you`ve been there 6 months and the level of away preformances haven`t changed one bit in that time. thats not vernight in my book :shakey: :shakey:
The only team with better results than us over the past five or six games is Arsenal or Manchester United. If you take the last five or six games we are right up there in terms of results.

over the last 6 games we are in 11th place in terms of results not 3rd btw
Last edited by darkvoid on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spy
Posting Freak

RE: Roy on the owners phone in

Postby spy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Get the impression that the owners are biding their time. No immediate long term candidates spring to mind.
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Fuck it. They're only words.

He's not going to come out and say he's a chancer. He's defending his corner.
i understand that but it doesn`t get away from the fact that he`s has to defend his corner so much though. thats the point isn`t it, a liverpool manager shouldn`t have to have to be making such shit comments because there`s no way we should be in the position we are in
i don`t expect a tital challange but i`d expect to be at least Realistically challanging for 4th (it hurts to say that btw) and not sitting in the bottom half of the table

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:20 pm

a liverpool manager shouldn`t have to have to be making such shit comments because there`s no way we should be in the position we are in
True, but we are, so he is. I'd say although its a shame we are in this position, he hasn't said too much wrong there.

Managers all talk bollocks, even the best ones these days, you can either let it go and face reality like Roy is, or keep fooling yourself that we 'deserve' so much more and use it as another excuse to pop out the manager.

We dont deserve any more than anyone else in the league. Its attitudes like that which makes other fans hate lfc fans so much. We're not special anymore. If we want to be again, we have to work for it from the ground up, like everyone else.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:49 am

a liverpool manager shouldn`t have to have to be making such shit comments because there`s no way we should be in the position we are in
True, but we are, so he is. I'd say although its a shame we are in this position, he hasn't said too much wrong there.

Managers all talk bollocks, even the best ones these days, you can either let it go and face reality like Roy is, or keep fooling yourself that we 'deserve' so much more and use it as another excuse to pop out the manager.

We dont deserve any more than anyone else in the league. Its attitudes like that which makes other fans hate lfc fans so much. We're not special anymore. If we want to be again, we have to work for it from the ground up, like everyone else.
i totally agree with this rich
but to get there we need a good manager. This is main point why hodgson isn`t good enough. we need someone to rebuild the club and not some who at best will maybe qualify us for the europa cup.
i love this club, i have for over 30 years and i`ll still be supporting them till the day i die weather we win the leage or not

Return to “Football Forum”