Posting Freak

RE: Picture of Hodgson tactics v Newcastle :uhoh:

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:56 am

I think we'll have to agree to differ Image

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 am

Tell me how you think he is doing a better job than Benitez (at his worst)

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:08 am

I don't. I never wanted Benitez to go. But he's what we've got and he deserves more than a few months, Liverpool Way or not. I think he has an idea in his head about how he wants the team to play (like Rafa did, but a very different style, obv) and needs more than a few months to implement it. Yes its rough taking beatings from teams like Blackpool and Newcastle but there are many reasons besides the manager. I think that directing blame at the manager is the easy and convenient thing to do, and though he baffles me sometimes, all managers do tbf.

I mean we've had this conversation before but my point this time was more about that pic, I just started rambling. It looks like its been done in a teenage Mancunian's bedroom that he's done so he can post it on the internet for lulz to me .

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:25 am

regardless of whats in the picture or who wrote it, its undeniable that his tactics are rubbish

and when things are getting worse the buck has to stop with the manager, it did with Benitez and now again with Hodgson and its the same the world over in football
personally I'd have sacked Rafa the middle of the season before last when he started fucking around and letting utd make ground on us when we had our best chance of winning the league, a burst of fresh ideas could have taken us over the line back then, instead he was afforded the luxury of time and things got worse and worse

Now is the same, things are getting worse and worse and unless its addressed it'll be beyond repair

the way things are going we wont get into europe next season, fuck we'll be doing well to finish in Roys target top 10 (that itself should be sackable offence :wave: ) and if he is still in charge next season I fully expect a relegation battle

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:28 am

Would you take Rafa back if Roy went tomorrow?

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:41 am

no

I do acknowledge he was a better manager the Hodgson but he had run his course
Roy was the wrong choice as replacement picked by Purslow who hadnt a clue about football and picked off the back of media campaign getting into hysterics about an English manager in a world cup year

Remember how they had built englands hopes up so much that anything other than a world cup win would be deemed an epic fail on Capellols part
And at the same time they had built Hodgson into some sort of messiah for getting fulham to the europa final
It was a marrage made in heaven for the media and when it looked like Roy would be offered the england job it forced Purslows hand without really considering the other options

1 good season actually scrap that, Fulham were shit last season, a couple of good european results does not merit a chance to manage a club like liverpool

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:57 am

i have to agree with dub

i don`t think that the pic is genuine but that doesn`t matter,
i never wanted hodgson appointed. last christmas his name was banged around on a few forums and laughted it off but still kepted a eye on how fulham played and they were utter shit. its not bad luck that he has such a shit away record in his overall career in english football.
it doesn`t matter that that blackburn, fulham and bristol weren`t any good you`d still expect a better record than 13 wins in over 100 games if you include our matches and remember his one away win against bolton was lucky as in we scored in the last minute and the game could have gone either way
you`ll never win anything if you don`t win away from home and hodgson`s tactics are just pure shit espically away

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:42 pm

i have to agree with dub

No way :icon_eek:

:WTF:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Anyway, I was disracted by my ps3 issues yesterday and today I'm having two teeth out so my mind isn't on it but Chelsea weren't in freefall at all when we beat them, we started the run of bad form they're in. We got them good when we should have lost.

I think you two are so subjectively and persistently negative and knee jerk and anti support that any wins or goals or good things that happen you shouldn't celebrate or be happy about until Roy is replaced :yapyap:

I also think regarding tactics, the simpler the better, just provide a solid basis and let the players and ebb and flow of the game dictate things. Footy tactics are and always should be simple, they need to be followed by footballers ffs.

Look at wenger, he uses essentially a 1-4-1-4 formation with lots of interchanging and overlaps and gets accused of trying to walk it into the net.

Any system can be scrutinised and found fault with, there is no perfect system and it's getting a bit easy to go 'sack the manager' every time we don't play Roy of the rovers football. Tbh, tbf.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:38 pm

I just can't believe you or anyone for that matter except so little as a sign he is doing a good job when the majority can see he is not

Those games are not light at the end of the tunnel, they are us using our last couple of matches (the type you light ciggys with)

I'm sick of going over and over his faults when they are so clear for anyone to see
Tbf, tbf

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:55 pm

Sigh

I'm not trying to claim he's doing a good job. Just because you are anti Roy and I am arguing the toss doesn't mean I love him and think he's our saviour, far from it. I'm just as tense and nervous about things as anyone else. The difference us I don't go 'ooooh we conceded a throw in, Roy out, Roy out'

All you do is highlight faults and go on about them, there's no objectivity. Maybe you guys have a different mindset over there. Not one Liverpool fan i know has said Roy out yet, I'm sure they've thought it like I have but we all realise 6 months is just not enough time. I wish there had been more people like you supporting man u fir the first couple of years of fergusons appointment, might have saved us a world of hurt.

And regarding your earlier post about ignoring 'the Liverpool way' just because mist other clubs do things a certain way, and then later in the same post saying about how Roy 'doesn't deserve to be here', well you can't just pick and choose which aspects of the clubs ways and traditions you want to use to support your debate, it doesn't work that way.

You may not like him and neither do I a lot of the time but while he's part of the club, for right or wrong, he deserves to not be treated like a pariah just because it hasn't all fallen into place in the first five minutes.

Fuck me that took ages on my phone

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:45 pm

no i do understand what you`re saying rich
the thing is i`ve never openingly slagged a liverpool manager before (exccluding that cunt souness) and tbh i`m not proud of myself about some of the things i`ve said about the guy but his appointment was the last straw. anybody who knows anything about football could see that he`s not a Liverpool type manager.
i always felt he was here to tide us over while the club was being sold ans so i was will to put up with his poor level of football but now he`s just become an embarressment

i don`t blame him, i can understand why he would want the liverpool but he has to realise the longer he stays the more long term damage he`s doing to the club. he should walk now, this can`t be about pride . he should walk for the good of the club. at least that way he will walk away with a bit pride.
every time i see him do that stupid head rub errrrrrrr i just get more and more frustrated....

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:54 pm

I have to admit I always thought of him as a sort of stop gap as well, but maybe my expectations weren't as high as you chaps. As far as I was concerned, as long as we don't get relegated (not such a given considering our ownership a short while ago) and maybe put a cup run together, that was the best I was expecting, and so far its exactly what's happened.

There was no way I was deluding myself about getting back in the cl.

Way I see it, we've got a grassroots journeyman manager who may bring us back to some good solid basics, and if that means writing off a season, so be it considering how close we were to total collapse.

All this talk of 'deserve' concerns me though, I hate to break it to you and also hate to admit it, but we are Exactly where we deserve to be after years of Parry/yanks mk1/general shoddiness and Roy is exactly the manager we deserve after the way rafa was treated. Now it's up to the club to get things moving in the right direction.

Anyways, Im off to get some teeth yanked from my skull, goody.

Laters gays x

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:59 pm

He may not be everyones cup of tea but i would have thought now that we are out of the relegation skip he would be given at least the season.
5 weeks ago, after stringing a few wins together most of us were thinking we were back in the mix.
We have stumbled again since but it goes to show what 3- 4 wins on the trot can do.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:57 pm

He may not be everyones cup of tea but i would have thought now that we are out of the relegation skip he would be given at least the season.
5 weeks ago, after stringing a few wins together most of us were thinking we were back in the mix.
We have stumbled again since but it goes to show what 3- 4 wins on the trot can do.
but unless we have 3 or 4 home games in a row we won`t put a run together.
you can have as much Optamism as you like but a blindman can could see that his away tactics don`t work. he`s unwilling or doesn`t have any other idea to change of how to play or worse still doesn`t realise that they don`t work :shakey:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:00 pm

How is my post about ignoring the Liverpool way contradicted by saying he doesn't deserve to be here?

And Lapland those couple of wins we had a few weeks back was not a marked improvement it was simply luck that we came up some teams in worse form than us (including Chelsea)

"steady the ship" appointment or temp/stop gap manager is a bollocks opinion to have and giving him time to get things right simply contradicts that mind set

So put simply....he is not the long term answer (I think everybody agrees on this)
And short term results arent good enough

So why am I wrong for wanting him replaced?

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:21 pm

statistically is the *second worst*(souness being the worst) manager we`ve had since Don Welsh 1951-56 and what did welsh end up doing?
and dont for get of hodgson`s 19 games in charge he has played some pretty shite european teams in the europa cup which boosts his win record quite a bit. back in souness`s day the uefa cup was a hard competion to win

* i`m leaving ronnie moran out of this as he was only a temp manager for when kenny quit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Li ... ._managers

its based on results on weather he should say or go and those results aren`t good enough and don`t look like improving

FACT

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:23 pm

No Ones saying you're wrong just that there are other points of view than your own and you're no more right than me, no matter how annoyed you are. Stop going on about it, we all get it, we're all in the same boat and you're the one who started this thread basically as another excuse to have a pop at the poor bloke. Jesus.

And the other thing you asked, you basically said 'fuck the Liverpool way, any other clubs the world over would get rid of him, so should we' which basically means you're happy to lump in with the rest and do what they do.

Then at the end of the post you were saying about how Roy doesn't 'deserve' to be here. Noble sentiments like, but it sort of puts us on a pedestal which implies people are either worthy or unworthy to manage us.

So on the one hand you're dismissing the Liverpool way to support your argument for getting rid of Roy and saying we should be like other clubs, on the other hand you're saying people need to be 'worthy' as if we're not just any old club.

You can't have it both ways, either we're special and separate, or we're not. You can't just pick and choose when it suits your argument.

This may or not make sense, I'm still doped from the dentist

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 pm

I'm deleting this thread if you girls keep arguing

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:12 pm

statistically is the *second worst*(souness being the worst) manager we`ve had since Don Welsh 1951-56 and what did welsh end up doing?
and dont for get of hodgson`s 19 games in charge he has played some pretty shite european teams in the europa cup which boosts his win record quite a bit. back in souness`s day the uefa cup was a hard competion to win

* i`m leaving ronnie moran out of this as he was only a temp manager for when kenny quit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Li ... ._managers

its based on results on weather he should say or go and those results aren`t good enough and don`t look like improving

FACT
Yeah tell that to man u fans for his first two seasons at their club. Then look what happened.

You have to accept the possibility that getting rid of him might be a huge huge mistake. See beyond your own opinions, which, after all, are only your opinions. We're none of us footy managers nor even scousers so this is all massively pointless but can we not just grin and bear it til the end of the season and see how we go instead of jumping on him for everything your knowledgable majesties would have done different?

Don't forget we have a he'll of a lot of players that are acting the cunt too, I don't see you jumping on them even though it's probably more their fault than Roys.

Don't delete the thread dub, the others might want to chip in. I think its a decent discussion tbf. In other news I just dribbled blood on my iPad while typing this :neutralol:

Return to “Football Forum”