Picture of Hodgson tactics v Newcastle :uhoh:

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

RE: Picture of Hodgson tactics v Newcastle :uhoh:

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 am

Actually, the performances in Europe this season have been pretty good, and with the second string.I'd forgotten about that, and it's worth mentioning.

He's here for at least another ten games, and we have, what should be, a pretty easy run over the Christmas period, so we should climb the table, and gain some ground. Maybe a couple of good buys in the transfer window (fingers crossed) and things might get better.

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:57 am

Actually, the performances in Europe this season have been pretty good, and with the second string.I'd forgotten about that, and it's worth mentioning.

He's here for at least another ten games, and we have, what should be, a pretty easy run over the Christmas period, so we should climb the table, and gain some ground. Maybe a couple of good buys in the transfer window (fingers crossed) and things might get better.
What's an easy game for us? Blackpool? Wigan? Northampton? Stoke?
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:24 am

Fulham, Wolves and Bolton at home sound like bankers to me.

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:49 am

Fulham and Wolves - I would expect to beat.

Bolton will be tough...
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:54 am

You wouldn't be surprised to beat them though would you? You can look at any five fixtures and try and call it, but you'll get one wrong. We'll probably beat Bolton and lose to Fulham. Either way, the next few fixtures coming up look easier than the one's at the start of the season.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:58 am

errr like the bankers we had in blackpool, stoke and wigan

results in europe have been good but i`d hardly say the preformances have been good

4-1 (H) v steau. at 1-1 we struggled and if anything they were the better side till we scored the 2nd and 3rd goals

3-1 v(H) Napoli napoli were by far the better side in this game untill a late steve hatrick. the first 2 goals we scored were a bad defensive mistake by dossena and we a peno that was a stupid foul for the defender to make. up to then we never really looked like scoring

our away games 0-0 0-0 and 1-1 were all the same. defended deep and played for the draw against lesser oppisition

if you can be honest about these games you have to admit i`m right in how these games were
statistically is the *second worst*(souness being the worst) manager we`ve had since Don Welsh 1951-56 and what did welsh end up doing?
and dont for get of hodgson`s 19 games in charge he has played some pretty shite european teams in the europa cup which boosts his win record quite a bit. back in souness`s day the uefa cup was a hard competion to win

* i`m leaving ronnie moran out of this as he was only a temp manager for when kenny quit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Li ... ._managers

its based on results on weather he should say or go and those results aren`t good enough and don`t look like improving

FACT
Yeah tell that to man u fans for his first two seasons at their club. Then look what happened.

You have to accept the possibility that getting rid of him might be a huge huge mistake. See beyond your own opinions, which, after all, are only your opinions. We're none of us footy managers nor even scousers so this is all massively pointless but can we not just grin and bear it til the end of the season and see how we go instead of jumping on him for everything your knowledgable majesties would have done different?

Don't forget we have a he'll of a lot of players that are acting the cunt too, I don't see you jumping on them even though it's probably more their fault than Roys.

Don't delete the thread dub, the others might want to chip in. I think its a decent discussion tbf. In other news I just dribbled blood on my iPad while typing this :neutralol:
it took slur alex at utd 6 years to win the title
his record
11th , 2nd , 11th, 13th (was reportitly getting the sack if he lost a fa cup final v palace. it was also reported that if he had lost the 3rd he was going to be sacked )
and 2nd(once again saved because he won the cup winners cup v barca)

remember thought when utd brought him in he had just broken the celtic/rangers stranglehold on the scot prem and had just beaten real madrid in the cup winners cup final

but those days for a manager are a thing of the past i think. managers don`t get that kinda leeway . there is too much money in it and owners expect results
Last edited by darkvoid on Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football Forum”