Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Re: The Euros thread

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:11 am

Obviously wasn't stonewall then.
how is that not stonewall?

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/07/0 ... arry-kane/
He got the ball

That's the first I've seen of that angle by the way but yeah he got the ball.

I've seen lesser given i.e the Sterling penalty. VAR is shite, it doesn't matter how good the refs are.

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:50 pm

Fuck the own goal and was it a penalty..England have actually made it to a final which I never thought I'd see in my lifetime...

I thought both teams played really well..fair play to them both..

I'm not having it was a great free kick though..the toffee cunt should be saving that,if he didn't stand by the corner flag..

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:13 pm

Fuck the own goal and was it a penalty..England have actually made it to a final which I never thought I'd see in my lifetime...

I thought both teams played really well..fair play to them both..

I'm not having it was a great free kick though..the toffee cunt should be saving that,if he didn't stand by the corner flag..
Fuckinghell you've changed your tune, your usually anti England :spaz:

Getting on the bandwagon now we're in a final?

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:40 pm

Not at all I'd still rather watch Liverpool but its good for the country after all this covid shit..

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:53 pm

OG & Dodgy pen to get through
Superb free kick which he'll miss most times. Own goal? look who is behind the defender who knocks it in. It wasn't a penalty I agree on that.

Sorry I'm not the biggest England fan but does everyone want us to fucking lose? your English Vin?
Still an OG. My passport say British. My face looks Indian I don't see myself as English (and I'll explain later) equally I don't view myself as Indian (even though I'm brown and munch curry)

I'm not anti English and actually I' relatively neutral about most of the players and the team.

The challenge I have, and it probably goes back to growing up in the 70's & 80's is that while it does bring out a feel good factor for most the population when England do well at any sport. It also brings out a very nationalistic, racist undertone. (I don't mean people flying the St George Cross from their windows or cars).

There is a really strong rabid under current of racism that exists and it spills over massively. I've seen it and experienced it during International matches.

People get pissed and then start kicking off about race. It's not the minority either. Honestly, fuck them. I hope England lose so these little pricks remained buried in their dark holes. I think it's a generational thing and hopefully that will be eradicated in the next decade.

I also get pissed off at the media hype. Understandable why they do it but come on - had that peno been Salah for Liverpool - the headlines would have been very different.

BTW - Stirling has missed easier chances than that one.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:30 pm

I’m just enjoying that my country’s team are doing better in a sort of humble straightforward way without any of the usual hero/villain hype that usually goes along with it.

I’m not going to weigh in on the racism/nationalism stuff except to say that every country/place/group has their dickheads. India has a caste system does it not. Born into this family you’re this, born into that family you’re that. Ugh. Austria, Germany, Poland, France, you name it, there’s dickheads there just like here.

I do however find it flattering that everywhere is so enamoured with us that so very many people want to be here or support our clubs whilst simultaneously putting us down constantly. Plucky, spirited little England doesn’t mind though, take your best shots, most of us are reasonable and intelligent and worldly despite the bile we face because of some of our yobbier elements :toppa:

Southgate’s boys :AC9: :toppa:

legitimate first
Posting Freak

Postby legitimate first » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:39 pm

OG & Dodgy pen to get through
Superb free kick which he'll miss most times. Own goal? look who is behind the defender who knocks it in. It wasn't a penalty I agree on that.

Sorry I'm not the biggest England fan but does everyone want us to fucking lose? your English Vin?
Still an OG. My passport say British. My face looks Indian I don't see myself as English (and I'll explain later) equally I don't view myself as Indian (even though I'm brown and munch curry)

I'm not anti English and actually I' relatively neutral about most of the players and the team.

The challenge I have, and it probably goes back to growing up in the 70's & 80's is that while it does bring out a feel good factor for most the population when England do well at any sport. It also brings out a very nationalistic, racist undertone. (I don't mean people flying the St George Cross from their windows or cars).

There is a really strong rabid under current of racism that exists and it spills over massively. I've seen it and experienced it during International matches.

People get pissed and then start kicking off about race. It's not the minority either. Honestly, fuck them. I hope England lose so these little pricks remained buried in their dark holes. I think it's a generational thing and hopefully that will be eradicated in the next decade.

I also get pissed off at the media hype. Understandable why they do it but come on - had that peno been Salah for Liverpool - the headlines would have been very different.

BTW - Stirling has missed easier chances than that one.

well said and i share the sentiment and its also the very reason i couldnt give a fuck about how Austria are doing.

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:42 pm

I’m just enjoying that my country’s team are doing better in a sort of humble straightforward way without any of the usual hero/villain hype that usually goes along with it.

I’m not going to weigh in on the racism/nationalism stuff except to say that every country/place/group has their dickheads. India has a caste system does it not. Born into this family you’re this, born into that family you’re that. Ugh. Austria, Germany, Poland, France, you name it, there’s dickheads there just like here.

I do however find it flattering that everywhere is so enamoured with us that so very many people want to be here or support our clubs whilst simultaneously putting us down constantly. Plucky, spirited little England doesn’t mind though, take your best shots, most of us are reasonable and intelligent and worldly despite the bile we face because of some of our yobbier elements :toppa:

Southgate’s boys :AC9: :toppa:
"that so very many people want to be here or support our clubs whilst simultaneously putting us down constantly"

Is that in reference to my comment or general view? TBH RIch, even your phrasing is a little sus there.

Ultimately, it comes down to Southgate said to the black players in his squad.

I don't know or can't imagine the things that you've experienced - and never will. (paraphrasing)

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:21 am

General view. I understand that I can’t know what you’ve experienced, but it goes both ways. With the exception of a few older folk down the years who have used terms like paki shop or black as the ace of spades or things like that, literally no one I know would ever be a dick to someone based on skin colour or nationality or whatever.

All I’m saying is it’s perspective. If there’s a stadium of 60,000 people and everyone is having fun and singing and there’s two arsehole edgelords down the front doing monkey gestures at a black player, it doesn’t mean that everyone in the stadium is a nazi white supremacist. The other 59,998 people are probably decent folks but the media and people with agendas are straight on it with omg English football fans are racist omg.

I have an irl mate who is of Pakistani descent (shock horror) and he was always bitching about how England is shit and Pakistan is so much better etc. So I said to him (friendly not aggressive) that if that is the case why are you here and not there? Seems silly, no? He said this is where the money is and not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth like me. Erm, my dad was a postman and my mum worked in John Lewis. Hardly a silver spoon. It was quite a telling conversation. But it illustrates my point about people whinging about this country while raising their families happy and healthy and with opportunities the same as the rest of us.

So therefore I feel my phrasing was fine. I hope you know I’d never be a nob to anyone based on how they look or where they come from. But, and this is important, I’m not going to suck up to them based on those things either. I’ll be decent in general and so will most people who look and sound like me in my experience. London might be different because London is vile in general.

Anyways I wasn’t going to get drawn into all this, just trying to enjoy the moment tbh but there was a surprising amount of salt in this thread and I’m really not sure why.

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:14 am

General view. I understand that I can’t know what you’ve experienced, but it goes both ways. With the exception of a few older folk down the years who have used terms like paki shop or black as the ace of spades or things like that, literally no one I know would ever be a dick to someone based on skin colour or nationality or whatever.

All I’m saying is it’s perspective. If there’s a stadium of 60,000 people and everyone is having fun and singing and there’s two arsehole edgelords down the front doing monkey gestures at a black player, it doesn’t mean that everyone in the stadium is a nazi white supremacist. The other 59,998 people are probably decent folks but the media and people with agendas are straight on it with omg English football fans are racist omg.

I have an irl mate who is of Pakistani descent (shock horror) and he was always bitching about how England is shit and Pakistan is so much better etc. So I said to him (friendly not aggressive) that if that is the case why are you here and not there? Seems silly, no? He said this is where the money is and not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth like me. Erm, my dad was a postman and my mum worked in John Lewis. Hardly a silver spoon. It was quite a telling conversation. But it illustrates my point about people whinging about this country while raising their families happy and healthy and with opportunities the same as the rest of us.

So therefore I feel my phrasing was fine. I hope you know I’d never be a nob to anyone based on how they look or where they come from. But, and this is important, I’m not going to suck up to them based on those things either. I’ll be decent in general and so will most people who look and sound like me in my experience. London might be different because London is vile in general.

Anyways I wasn’t going to get drawn into all this, just trying to enjoy the moment tbh but there was a surprising amount of salt in this thread and I’m really not sure why.
I know you don't want to get into it.

But why is it acceptable to present the "why are you here" argument? aka "Go back to where you came from". That's what you did in the phrasing above on my post.

Equally, why is your mate representative of all minorities and yet you can't accept my argument?

Just to be clear. At no point did I slate England as a country. All I pointed out was how the football seems to create a "nationalistic" attitude which pushes people across a line of being proud to being a bit racist. It's not a small minority. That's my key point. You'd be surprised how many mates both personal and professional who have never expressed a racist comment suddenly spout a fair amount of stuff that outside of the pub/ground environment would be unacceptable. And it's not PC gone mad!

I can't get behind that. And I can't go back to where I came from as gentrification means I can no longer afford to live in that part of North London. Or should I go back further? But then we'd need to have a conversation about why we were political refugees and the dynamics that destabalised my parents birth countries.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:31 am

Look I’m just going to go back to enjoying the footy. I’m sorry if some people have said or done bad things but guess what, bad things get said and done to people that look like me too.

If people want England to lose then that’s up to them but I’m cheering them all the way. Football fans get a bit tribalistic - it’s in its nature. Some people take it too far for whatever reason. I don’t and my conscience is clear, that’s all I can control. Enjoy your pleasure if we lose on Sunday :icon_thumbsup:

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:45 am

Which we will by the way :icon_lol: I just can't see us beating Italy, but hey ho that's me being a pessimist.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:49 am

Nah we got this :icon_surprised:

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:34 am

I hope you know I’d never be a nob to anyone based on how they look or where they come from
:hmm:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:36 am

We can genuinely go into this match with a 50/50 chance of winning it.

I think Italy have lost a couple of good players to injury in the last couple of rounds as well.

Maguire, and I don't like to type this, has sort of become Englands VVD. He's the one I don't want to get injured the most. Maybe Kane too. We can cope in any other area.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:40 am

I hope you know I’d never be a nob to anyone based on how they look or where they come from
:hmm:
:salah-akbar:

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:16 am

Shaw has been my player of the tournament England wise, shame he plays for Utd because he's been fucking brilliant.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:34 am

Very hard to envisage Kane lifting a cup

Give the captain's gig to Hendo imho

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:37 am

Yeah agree

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:44 pm

Won't happen. I agree Kane isn't a great captain though.

Return to “Football Forum”