Posting Freak

Re: European Super League

Postby Lap » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:06 pm

Fair enough

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:38 pm

I’m not sure it is fair enough tbh. If they had consulted, had conversations, been open about their ideas etc then fine. But they didn’t. They said here’s what we’ve decided is happening to your game.

Going to take more than a two minute grovelling video to put this right.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:37 pm

They misjudged the mood of the fans . They fucked up. FSG have admitted all of this and apologised for it.
At the end of the day it didn’t happen. Not sure why there is such hysteria around getting massive retribution -all because a bunch of owners suggested setting up an additional league.? Seriously???
Honestly, don’t get played by Sky Sports who have done a great job of whipping up a fan frenzy to battle on their behalf. Remember it’s Sky who have probably the most to lose.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:26 am

That’s the point though, they didn’t suggest it. They arrogantly tried to just bypass the fans of all football. They arrogantly thought the domestic leagues and champions league would just allow them to do their Super league midweek and them play their domestic matches at weekends. It wasn’t suggested. It was imposed.

Yes mistakes get made, people are people. But this absolutely stunk of greed and arrogance and bullying and not listening or learning or respect.

I don’t care what Sky say, I never have, the fury and anger doesn’t come from what their pundits and presenters say, we all knew it was a crock of shit and Sky’s people obviously agree so in this instance we are on the same side.

I’m prepared to wait til the dust settles a bit and not knee jerk react. But this was bad Lap, proper shaken to the core of the whole game bad. It can’t go unanswered.

The fact that it has put me on the same side as Sky, FIFA, UEFA and even Gary fucking Neville shows how massive it was, LFC and Utd fans unified, Spurs and Arsenal fans unified. These things are unprecedented. It’s even another feather in the cap for Brexit so I’m hearing :icon_surprised: :icon_razz:

legitimate first
Posting Freak

Postby legitimate first » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:33 am

That’s the point though, they didn’t suggest it. They arrogantly tried to just bypass the fans of all football. They arrogantly thought the domestic leagues and champions league would just allow them to do their Super league midweek and them play their domestic matches at weekends. It wasn’t suggested. It was imposed.

Yes mistakes get made, people are people. But this absolutely stunk of greed and arrogance and bullying and not listening or learning or respect.

I don’t care what Sky say, I never have, the fury and anger doesn’t come from what their pundits and presenters say, we all knew it was a crock of shit and Sky’s people obviously agree so in this instance we are on the same side.

I’m prepared to wait til the dust settles a bit and not knee jerk react. But this was bad Lap, proper shaken to the core of the whole game bad. It can’t go unanswered.

The fact that it has put me on the same side as Sky, FIFA, UEFA and even Gary fucking Neville shows how massive it was, LFC and Utd fans unified, Spurs and Arsenal fans unified. These things are unprecedented. It’s even another feather in the cap for Brexit so I’m hearing :icon_surprised: :icon_razz:
As some cunts from an old abandoned place would so eloquently put it: this!

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:02 am

Sky are not the side of the fans.

Their motivation is different tbh but the result is the same.......

Honestly, I'm so disengaged with football that I couldn't really give a fuck about it. It's just millionaires kicking a ball around. (in the top leagues)

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:32 am

Well I thought it was a good idea

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:37 am

No you didn't

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:42 am

Well I thought it was a good idea
I honestly did also. We are one of the best teams in the world. Would be great to see us tested against similar on a frequent basis. Instead our reward is to get to play teams like Young Boys or some far flung place we can’t even pronounce. Just so UEFA can fill their corrupt coffers

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:17 am

Aviva full of die hard plastics paying 300% mark up on merch and Nike kit

Mbappe in the bag

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:23 am

Actually when you think of it. If you don't like these owners, who would you sell the club to that you would be happy with?

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:42 pm

Premier League has fined all the clubs involved 20 million.

Then they'll be Uefa and the companies after some dough for them breaking the contracts now they've decided to not take part.

Big fuck up lads.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:00 pm

I kind of wish it was more.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:24 am

Wait a sec, I thought you meant 20million each. It’s 20 million between them :icon_lol: :spaz:

Looking forward to Barca, Real and Juve getting banned. Should be a fun tournament next season.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:32 am

Is it? I thought it was twenty each as well.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:47 am

They’ve also had to agree that if they try this again they will be docked 30 points. Which should be a decent deterrent.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:49 am

They agreed to pay 15m euros (£13.4m) between them and have 5% of their Uefa competition revenues held for one season, starting in 2023-24.

The other three clubs involved - Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus - are set to face "appropriate action" under Uefa's disciplinary process having so far refused to renounce the breakaway league.

Return to “Football Forum”