Wenger to leave!!!!

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Lap
Posting Freak

Re: Wenger to leave!!!!

Postby Lap » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:50 pm

In the top 4 divisions only 5 managers are black or Asian
Compare that to the number of black players ..

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:13 pm

That is a shocking stat, but who are the candidates?

You had that bloke at Fulham years back that done a good job, but after that, you have Paul Ince and Chris Powell.

Hutton can do a good job, but after that there isn't anyone is there?

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Exactly. It's not the leagues fault that there doesn't happen to be many black managers yet. Now that there are so many black players it stands to reason that in the coming years there will be more black managers. It's a natural gradual thing, we can't just make black people do certain jobs because of their skin colour.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:57 pm

The black players aren’t being offered the chance to get a foot on the management ladder for there to be a list of candidates The problem seems to be the owners IMO . All too willing to employ black players services on the pitch but not as a manager. Too many of them are prepared to give a managerial start to inexperienced white ex players , like Giggs, Neville etc

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Again though, I don't remember many of them throwing their hat into the ring.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:32 pm

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you Lappers.

Imagine any club with any standing deliberately excluding people of colour from coaching roles just so whites can get in, it just wouldn't happen in this day and age. There will be more, it will just take some time. You can't force these things or it will just create more issues than it solves. In the grand scheme of things it's only relatively recently that Cyril Regis, John Barnes etc did their thing. In fact John Barnes was a manager briefly wasn't he? Celtic? He was just shit at it. It won't be long before better black managers start coming through.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Rodgers favourite on SSN now at 6/1 :kloppo:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 pm

:pounditrotate:

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:47 pm

@ Rich ,Black players are not just a recent phenomenon . A quick google search shows that that in 19921 in 6 players in the top league were black . That was 25 years ago. It’s now grown to a position where 1 in 3 are black .and still we are scratching our heads to think of a name of a black manager. It’s serious under representation-
why? By the way 25 years ago Scitland had the same representation of players in the premier league as black players. How many Scottish managers have there been since?,

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:36 pm

You ask me why, I say I can't honestly answer. But I just cannot believe that's the reason. In the past maybe, but not now.

The next step of this discussion if it broadens would probably be gay footballers/managers but I'm not going near that one :icon_lol:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:02 pm

What about religious lads?
Rodgers never misses Sunday mass

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:03 pm

Klopp is a devout Christian tbf.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:43 pm

Dont forget as well, people continue to manage into their old age. Wenger, Hodgson etc. This prevents much of an influx of new management candidates until they make way. Once they start to retire you watch the numbers start to slowly balance.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:13 am

I don’t think that really makes any difference. Those two you mention Ferguson and Fat Sam are the exception, most managers are gone by mid 50s at best.i think it’s only a matter of time before this becomes a business g talking point

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:55 am

I'm kinda with Rich in that I don't see the managers coming forward. I don't see them getting turned down for jobs. Do you think that it could be because of their race that they don't bother applying? Maybe that's true, and maybe that is the problem, as, like we have said, black managers have not done well. Actually, that's not what I mean. I mean do you think they are being discouraged? I can see that as well.

I've worded that badly, but I had a drink.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:06 am

Yeah you don’t see many of them move on to coaching roles, Chris Hughton done his dues at spurs and Ireland for years as an assistant coach before moving into management.
There’s that bloke who works with Mick McCarty at wolves and Ipswich but I can’t think of anyone else.
Viera was a coach at man city and is now manager at sister club nyc so he’s basically had it handed to him

Sol Campbell keeps chirping on about being overlooked but I think he’s talked so much about it now that it’s working against him now as he seems to have a complexion now

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:56 am

@ Dave your post makes it sound like your calling them lazy... My take,owners are nervous . Racism still exists in the UK no matter how much the cracks are pappered over. From an owners point of view , players are for the most part not the sharpest of intellectuals , in fact several big names have been caught out with racist shit . Therefore if I’m an owner why would I hire a black manager on big bucks for a long contract when some of my employees may totally disrespect him?

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:04 am

Well that sort of plays into what I’ve said about Campbell

He’s branded the “I’m black I can’t get a job” card so often now that if he did get one and did shit a chairman couldn’t sack him for fear of being called racist.

I don’t think many people are really racist anymore but there are definitely people don’t think about what they are really saying when offending someone which can be seen as racist or homophobe or whatever.
Look at what’s happened in Hollywood recently, a guy can’t complement a woman without being a rapist.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:32 am

His issue is , I’ve played my bollox off for England but can’t get any sort of start in management . Again, why??? As for your assumption that many people are no longer racist -are you referring to Ireland or the UK dub?
If Ireland - were not even close to that 1 in 6 bench. If you’re referring to the UK .. one word.
BREXIT

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 am

I was agreeing with you Lappers. My point was that I think ma....

......Oh, it's getting late.

This is a good discussion point though,

Return to “Football Forum”