WBA FACUP TBF

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Roly
Posting Freak

Re: WBA FACUP TBF

Postby Roly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:45 am

Modern day fans,happy with top 4.

Sod winning trophies as long as we finish 4th.

You really believe were a comfortable top 4 team.

legitimate first
Posting Freak

Postby legitimate first » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:53 am

i already put it in context so fuck off with your modern day fans quip.

we sit comfortably in the top 4 after that world ending defeat against the worst side in the league. what are you disputing?

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:30 am

I agree with Roly and Legit at the same time. We've got the right man but our defense won't improve. He had Hummels and Subotic at Dortmund which made his defense look better than it was. I think he's tacitly inept when it comes to our defense and there is no one we can sign to solve it.

Any manager coming into the premier league should focus on defense first and attack later. Why do you think that cunt is second, he plays boring football but grinds out results. Utd fans won't be over the moon with the way they are playing but will be far fucking happier than Liverpool fans.

Probably going into a mid season slump and will come out swinging and every thing will be rosy again but there is a fundamental problem with our defense that needs fixing and has needed fixing since Rafa left.

Still think we'll do well in the CL.

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:33 pm

Yes we ended man citys run,thats great.But its nothing shout about when we lose the next one to the worst team in the league.Then lose our good home record against the second worst team.

As for this top four.Were not an a comfortable top four team though are we.Last time i looked spurs and arsenal are only afew points behind.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Arsenal were knocked out by Nottingham Forest iirc

United have one of the best keepers in the world that by his sheer presence would boost the confidence of any defensive unit.

Klopp said something recently like he would rather perish than defend a lead. There in lies our biggest issue. We have a football romantic manager. Game management is almost non existent. He will provide thrilling highs and swashbuckling wins but when we don't turn up we'll struggle.

We are still a work in progress. Lost one of our best players a few weeks ago. We've seen this inconsistency before Klopp got here but the fact it continues is a real concern.

*all eggs in champs league basket*

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:32 pm

Nobody gives a shit about the FA cup anymore
:AC9:

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:24 pm

Yes we ended man citys run,thats great.But its nothing shout about when we lose the next one to the worst team in the league.Then lose our good home record against the second worst team.

As for this top four.Were not an a comfortable top four team though are we.Last time i looked spurs and arsenal are only afew points behind.
Spurs play utd on Wednesday so if we can snach a win v Huddersfield and utd beat spurs we will have a 5 pt lead over those Jews going into our home game v them at the weekend. Beat them then we have a 8 pt lead

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:28 pm

Have to say though , I d prefer to win the fa cup and finish 5th than be happy at just finishing 4th. I find no satisfaction at finishing 4th, that should be just a given and not minimum expectations

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:31 pm

Have to say though , I d prefer to win the fa cup and finish 5th than be happy at just finishing 4th. I find no satisfaction at finishing 4th, that should be just a given and not minimum expectations
That’s quite the high horse your on there bud :rich:

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:34 am

I didn’t get to see the game as something came up. Soinds like a bit of a mad night.all of the comments in this thread are understandable and some even make sense . The thing that gets me is that the world knows we have Defence issues and shit keepers. I can’t understand why we’re not even trying ( it seems) to sign another CB. Doesn’t necessarily have to be another vvd, but something/ someone needs to come in. Likewise , pick any keeper from the lower end of the league and buy him for 5-10 mill. he will be fucking miles better than what we have.
Silverware is everything when looking at a managers record.. can’t help feeling this season is the one where many want to see Klopp deliver something or else move on. Im not in that Camp yet ..but .. I’m really getting pissed off with having to rely on that feeling that with all the new signings , next season is the one.
Anyway we’re going to win the champs league aren’t we?

Return to “Football Forum”