Hodgson...

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

RE: Hodgson...

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:09 am

*bites toungue*
Bite it off, you clearly don't like Hodgeson for some reason. Sure he didn't have a great start but that's down to the situation Rafa left us in. Does it really fucking matter what he's like in interviews? aslong as we get 3 points I couldn't give a fuck tbh.
Last edited by Le Cut Inside Mane on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:11 am

Win Woy we wrust
not going to have much of toungue left at this rate :icon_cry:

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:21 am

Hodgsons interviews are a lot more honest than Rafa's.

I have to admit I've found myself agreeing with Roy more often than not.

Watching Rafa post match was truly a rage-inducing experience.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:58 am

Hodgsons interviews are a lot more honest than Rafa's.

I have to admit I've found myself agreeing with Roy more often than not.

Watching Rafa post match was truly a rage-inducing experience.
without having a go at him. i do find his interviews annoying. he does like to blame everything/everone else but i suppose thats every manager isn`t it.
he has said alot of crap but that is i suppose is because he is under so much pressure.
he has been lucky though. where as the press were always baying for rafa`s head they`re not doing the same for hodgson which is because most of them were championing for him to get the job in the first place so at the moment they are supporting him which has probably had the opposite effect with liverpool fans as we tend to mistrust the tabloid press so much that if they are backing him we will do the opposite

one thing you said about rafa earlier about how he`s doing bad in italy is way off the mark
seemingly the inter fans are very happy with him and inter have been playing some great attacking football. the press over there love him as well as the respectful ways he shows towards other teams etc is stark contrast to maureen as is more the italian way

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:45 pm

At least Roys got this right

GLEN JOHNSON’S future at Liverpool is in serious doubt after Roy Hodgson delivered a damning assessment of his form this season and claimed he has performed nowhere near the level expected of an England international.

Johnson has been restricted to one start in Liverpool’s past seven games by injury, and will again be absent at Stoke City this evening because of an adductor strain.

Even before his fitness problems, however, the 26-year-old had jeopardised his first-team place with several woeful displays and Hodgson’s public rebuke indicates Liverpool’s new owners may be willing to listen to offers for the right-back in January.

“He’s the England right-back and if he plays like that one would expect him to come back in,” the manager said. “But then he’d have to play like the England right-back and up to now, to be quite frank, he’s not performed – very often at least – to the level I’d expect.

“You would have to ask him the question: ‘Do you think you’re playing at top form and are you playing like the best right-back in the country for your club?’ If he says ‘yes’, obviously we will have to agree to differ, and if he says ‘no’, then you’d have to ask the question: ‘Why not?’ ”

It is believed Johnson has struggled to settle on Merseyside since his €22 million transfer from Portsmouth in July 2009 and Hodgson’s criticism suggests a possible problem between the player and the club’s new manager.

Tottenham Hotspur, Internazionale and Juventus have been linked with the defender, whose cost to Liverpool may be considered by New England Sports Ventures should a bid materialise.

The former manager Rafael Benitez has admitted he had paid a premium to sign an English right-back, although approximately half the transfer fee was offset by money Portsmouth owed Liverpool for Peter Crouch. Liverpool are understood to have given Johnson a four-year contract worth around €142,000 a week.

One senior player who has dismissed doubts over his immediate future at the club is goalkeeper Jose Reina, who issued a statement on the club website in response to a report he had told Hodgson he wanted to go. Reina has a release clause in his contract and has been strongly linked with Arsenal.

“It is completely untrue,” he said. “I have not told the manager that I wish to leave in January, or at any other time. It is important our fans know this. Our new owner met me and some of the other players last week and I was very happy with what he told me.”

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Good

Johnson is shite

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:10 pm

I'm surprised he's come out and said that actually. He's not bee that good at all this season, but what with injuries, he's hardly played, so it's not quite fair to judge him yet.

That said, he does play like he's stoned half the time. Could be a good kick up the arse for him.

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Johnson had a superb first 6 months for us but it seems to be a continuing trend for him when he joins a new club....................play well, start getting shit, become completely shit, move clubs.

I wouldn't be too disheartened to see him go as I believe there are right-backs who can attack just as well as him and also defend a lot better.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Well that's just it really.

I can't believe we spent 17 million on him. He's good, but fucking hell, that's a lot of money.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Johnson had a superb first 6 months for us but it seems to be a continuing trend for him when he joins a new club....................play well, start getting shit, become completely shit, move clubs.

I wouldn't be too disheartened to see him go as I believe there are right-backs who can attack just as well as him and also defend a lot better.
but should a manager say the stuff he said about johnson to the press ?

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Why not? Everyone knows it. Maybe this is the kick up the arse he needs and it will certainly get Capellos attention. It can hardly backfire on Roy as Johnson cannot possibly play any worse than he has done, or he could move on for somewhere for around £12 million.

The ball is in Johnsons court and he most definitely has to prove himself to Roy and the fans.

One of the best right-backs in the league? No fucking chance.

Worth £17m million? No fucking chance.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Why not? Everyone knows it. Maybe this is the kick up the arse he needs and it will certainly get Capellos attention. It can hardly backfire on Roy as Johnson cannot possibly play any worse than he has done, or he could move on for somewhere for around £12 million.

The ball is in Johnsons court and he most definitely has to prove himself to Roy and the fans.

hard to disagree with you

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:26 am

He's been looking a bit tubby the last few months. He needs to step up his game or fuck off.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:29 am

12 million no chance of getting that for him.

Also the small matter of who is going to give him the mad wages he is getting here.

Is it just me or is there a general malaise and general descent into shiteness that seems to affect previously decent players once they have signed for our club?

Rafatolah

Postby Rafatolah » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:09 am

Johnson is one these frustrating breed of players. They play well in a handful of games and live of it for a lot longer than they should.

We all know how good he can be, and at this level he should be a lot more consistent, and as Rich says he looks very lethargic. That maybe points to a bad lifestyle outside of training.

I do think if he went we would get £12 mill for him, there's always some nutjobs out there willing to pay over the odds.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:45 am

This could be a real load of shit but...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z15Cm8drZk

Glen Johnson slams Hodgson's 'boring' tactics and wants to leave Liverpool

England international Glen Johnson wants to leave Liverpool in January after a total breakdown in his relationship with manager Roy Hodgson.

The right-back is said to be outraged by the way Hodgson is alleged to have handled his injury problems this season and the public criticism he received from his manager on Friday.
Glen Johnson has fallen out with Roy Hodgson

Seeing red: Glen Johnson has fallen out with Roy Hodgson

The player's representatives will meet new director of football strategy, Damien Comolli, this week to make it clear the £18million England man has no faith left in Hodgson's 'boring' style of play.

Johnson's team will also claim the boss rushed the defender back from a groin injury, leading to further setbacks.

'Things have moved rapidly downhill for Glen since Roy arrived,' said a source. 'He finds the style of football boring and the way he was criticised by the manager in public was uncalled for. He was made to train too soon with a groin injury and it's kept him out for longer than it should have done.'

Johnson, signed by Liverpool's former boss, Rafa Benitez, is prepared to quit English football to end his association with Hodgson. Bayern Munich are monitoring the situation, but if Liverpool progress from the Europa League he would not be able to play for the German giants in this season's Champions League.
Johnson's representatives will meet new director of football strategy, Damien Comolli

Showdown talks: Johnson's representatives will meet new director of football strategy, Damien Comolli

Johnson missed four games in October with a groin injury but was picked by Hodgson for the Europa League win over Napoli on November 4.

However, the problem has recurred, causing him to miss Liverpool's past three games and ruling him out of England's friendly against France on Wednesday.

The 26-year-old, hailed as the missing piece in Liverpool's title jigsaw when he arrived from Portsmouth last year, is believed to be furious at the way Hodgson rounded on him in a press conference on Friday.

It is unusual for managers to criticise their players so directly but Hodgson pulled no punches as he said: 'To be frank, he has not performed up to now to the level I would expect of him. You would have to ask him the question, "Do you think you are playing at top form and are you playing like the best right-back in the country for your club?" If he says yes, we will have to agree to differ. And if he says No, then you have to ask the question, why not?'

The fall-out with Johnson marks the start of a critical period for Hodgson, with Comolli ready to take on a more front-line role in player recruitment after being appointed by Liverpool's new owner, John W Henry, of New England Sports Ventures. Comolli is to host meetings with agents this week and also plans to publicly outline his role at the club.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:52 am

heres hoping both get the boot

ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Football Forum”