Andy Carroll watch!- darkvoid loves you man! Now including unseen video footage of AC as kid.

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

RE: Andy Carroll watch!

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:46 am

And what's wrong with talking about players?
Who said there was anything wrong with it :iconuhohshakeylp0:
You did :icon_uhoh:
No I didn't :icon_uhoh:

I merely stated that if Bridgeyvampire is going to just dismiss other opinions because he's sick of hearing them then why shouldn't his be treated the same way.

As if I'd say 'don't talk about players' :spaz: :67s6qro:

You're not allowed, obv. Because you smell of shit and soggy digestives.

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:55 am

You did :icon_uhoh:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:59 am

I ruddy didn't you bellwhiff :shant:

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:55 am

it all boils down to this

some of us can`t see/why/understand why we bought him and wish/hoped we had gone after somebody else. Anybody would have seemed a better option at the moment. We`re tired of the same excuses of `give him time`, its not his fault about the price tag`, and the value is we bought his potential` all fair and good excuses but the lad has shown nothing to make us think there is a chance he will improve to the value we paid for him or even half that
its nothing personal with him, god i love it to be different

put it this way i also was sick of the enless excuses about Torres that people kept offering about not being back to full fitness and needing a rest etc as he had played in the world cup as it turned out he just didnt want to be here

and then there`s you guys
who have your heads wedged up your arses :nodding: :nodding: :nodding:
Name 2 good 17.5m players?
look dub i`m sure there is a few quality players to be bought for 17.5 million. Fucksake Suarez only cost 22.8 million
Last edited by darkvoid on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

legitimate first
Posting Freak

Postby legitimate first » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:16 am

Look im as much a Carroll doubter as anyone but if you expect him to live up to his price tag you give him no chance.

We all know (I'd hope) the circumstances why we paid so much for him and he'll never be that player. If thats the expectation on him there's no wonder he's struggling. Get off his back, let him develop his own value to the team and stop going on about those bloody 35m!
BUM HAM :icon_thumbsup:

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:23 am

Look im as much a Carroll doubter as anyone but if you expect him to live up to his price tag you give him no chance.

We all know (I'd hope) the circumstances why we paid so much for him and he'll never be that player. If thats the expectation on him there's no wonder he's struggling. Get off his back, let him develop his own value to the team and stop going on about those bloody 35m!
or he`s struggling cos he shit maybe :nodding: :nodding:
the way he`s going at the moment that value is in - :icon_redface:

i wont mention the 35 million again.

well i`ll try not mention it

legitimate first
Posting Freak

Postby legitimate first » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:18 am

:)
ever since the Wolves game he's really not as bad as you make out. Not that he played much since then.
Last edited by legitimate first on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BUM HAM :icon_thumbsup:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:57 am

This type of hounding would have had Kuyt and Lucas :adore: out on their ear years ago
Both are invaluable to the team these days IMHO

Lay off the bloke I say and let what will be - be
Last edited by Damie Karras on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:50 am

This type of hounding would have had Kuyt and Lucas :adore: out on their ear years ago
Both are invaluable to the team these days IMHO

Lay off the bloke I say and let what will be - be
Both have won fuck all and we will continue to do so if you truly believe that these 2 are "great" Liverpool players.

eh? we fucked up. i understand about paying premium but we got fucked over..
Last edited by spy on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:56 am

Kuyt is a world cup finalist
Lucas is a linchpin of the Brazilian national side

Only Reina has a better national pedigree yet has no minutes to show for it

What is a "great Liverpool player" these days? Gerrard granted, Carra maybe .... Then who? Torres? Suarez? Who?

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:24 am

carra isnt`t a grat player . he`s been a good servant to the club but is well passed his sell by date, can do a job for us but great no way. He`s been overrated for years and that is solely because he is scouse

i`ve never been a part of the hate Lucas or kuyt brigade but i have to say Lucas was so bad against utd that i actually though he was tryin to lose the game. Both those players though do give there all to us and thats an important factor. Carroll just seems to run around in circles

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:56 am

Lucas only arrived from SAmerian on the thurs and played sat morning v united
Shows 1) how highly he is rated and 2) our lack of options
You really can't use that game to slander him

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:36 pm

Both those players did get quite a bit of stick actually. Perhaps more in fact.

I don't worry too much about the price tag. He's not a 35 million striker, that's for sure, but he's played so badly that I don't even see him as an option on the bench. He will get better. well, he will if he gets games, but I still don't think he'll be good enough.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:45 pm

some of us can`t see/why/understand why we bought him and wish/hoped we had gone after somebody else. Anybody would have seemed a better option at the moment. We`re tired of the same excuses of `give him time`, its not his fault about the price tag`, and the value is we bought his potential` all fair and good excuses but the lad has shown nothing to make us think there is a chance he will improve to the value we paid for him or even half that

put it this way i also was sick of the enless excuses about Torres that people kept offering about not being back to full fitness and needing a rest etc as he had played in the world cup as it turned out he just didnt want to be here

look dub i`m sure there is a few quality players to be bought for 17.5 million. Fucksake Suarez only cost 22.8 million
Yeah but thanks to Torres we had very limited time and had to move fast. So, just as an idea, why don't you try 'supporting' the player your hero Kenny chose to buy instead of running a player down because they haven't adapted as fast as you would like. The key word being 'support'. I sometimes wonder if you support a different team and are just trying to wind us up the amount you whine on and on. You wanted Kenny in charge, you got him. Now show faith in the choices of your so-called hero or go follow barca, they score lots :toppa:

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Lucas only arrived from SAmerian on the thurs and played sat morning v united
Shows 1) how highly he is rated and 2) our lack of options
You really can't use that game to slander him
i`m not Dub, as Lucas is probably the main thing i disagree with vin on.
i rate Lucas and think he does an important job for us. I think that if he had been in the team against Norwich they wouldnt have got through our midfield with such and we could easily have held onto the 1-0 lead
Jesus if i criticise sombody them its seen as slander ffs. Against utd he had probably one of his worst games ever in a red shirt. He gave the ball away with short simple 5 yard passes when unmarked and got caught in posession loads of times.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:37 pm

This is more of a general opinion here but i sometimes get the feeling we have spent a fuck load and not really improved a lot as a team but we are making incremental improvements. We are looking at 5 years of rebuilding minimum to be real contenders and not all the buys will be instant classics look at Utd with Berbatov or Sheva when he went to Chelsea both had real pedigree and both went shit and both cost a fucking fortune. I still stand by what i said and Big Andy has to score twenty goals minimum this season for me and its only at the end of the season we can judge him on the goals he scores to be honest right now he doesnt look amazing we can all see that. Im telling you if he cut his hair he would be instantly better.
Also who is 'your hero' i get confused wiv all these name changes lol pmsl ??
Last edited by Macho Man Randy Savage on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:46 pm

This is more of a general opinion here but i sometimes get the feeling we have spent a fuck load and not really improved a lot as a team but we are making incremental improvements. We are looking at 5 years of rebuilding minimum to be real contenders and not all the buys will be instant classics look at Utd with Berbatov or Sheva when he went to Chelsea both had real pedigree and both went shit and both cost a fucking fortune. I still stand by what i said and Big Andy has to score twenty goals minimum this season for me and its only at the end of the season we can judge him on the goals he scores to be honest right now he doesnt look amazing we can all see that. Im telling you if he cut his hair he would be instantly better.
Also who is 'your hero' i get confused wiv all these name changes lol pmsl ??
See void, that post ^^ expresses concern and a little frustration but is also balanced and realistic.

You just go 'waaaah, Ive decided long ago I don't like him, he hasn't scored 85 hat tricks, he's shit he's shit he's shit 35 million I'm going to ignore reason and logic because it doesn't suit me, he's shit he's shit you're all wrong I'm right'

Good point about the hair there mark :neutralol:

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Yeah but thanks to Torres we had very limited time and had to move fast. So, just as an idea, why don't you try 'supporting' the player your hero Kenny chose to buy instead of running a player down because they haven't adapted as fast as you would like. The key word being 'support'. I sometimes wonder if you support a different team and are just trying to wind us up the amount you whine on and on. You wanted Kenny in charge, you got him. Now show faith in the choices of your so-called hero or go follow barca, they score lots :toppa:
ah right so because torres wanted to go we had to wank away 35 million on a panic buy who was injuried for most of time he was here last season
personally i would have prefered if we had just wrote off last season and used the money to buy somebody good in the closed season because as a Panic buy he had virtually no bearing/imput into last season anyway.
so now support is in question because i feel the the money spent on Carroll was totally wasted because he has shown nothing whatsoever. This has nothing to do with as you say `adapted` because that i could understand but what i mean is that he has shown no potential whatsoever and that is big thing.
So yes everybody agrees that 35 million is grossly over priced and that is not his fault we paid that much so what was his market value when we bought him? nearer 20 million? if so would you not expect something better even at that price? his control is too heavy for instance which wouldn`t you expect a player in his `actual market value` bracket to have

i`d be delighted if he does come good but he`s shown nothing to give me an inkling that he will improve enough
i`m actually happy with the Adam , thing he can be a really good player for us and i see flashes of potential in Henderson both these lads i gave out about when we signed them. Adam because i felt he was just a MOTD player and Henderson because he was overpriced and i hold my hand up and say i was wrong :toppa:

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:00 pm

OK then Void hypothetically cast your mind back to January when we bought Andy. Now who would you have bought for that money who would realistically sign for us at that time ?

I want him to be fucking mint and smashing headers in and that but he isn't. So for me no point crying over spilt milk, he is our player for now and we have to get on with it.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:01 pm

and if you dont believe that i make my kid wear my jersey and kiss the badge
Last edited by darkvoid on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football Forum”