Anfield re-development

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Anfield re-development

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:30 am

Could be bollocks

http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/? ... um=twitter

"Okay, so this will surely get you going! A friend of EOTK posted some comments on one of my articles were I tackled the ‘should we redevelop or go for a new-build?’ According to this fellow Kopite an announcement about what NESV plan to do with regards to the stadium issue is will be done by the end of this week.

These indiscretions are claiming that the NESV top brass met with Liverpool City Authority and they have received full backing for a redevelopment of Anfield with a view to re-develop the area surrounding the current stadium in the process. These rumours also say that Lothiar Road will get the axe and Anfield Road will be re-routed.

The plan is for an initial extension to push to capacity up to 60,000 with a view to eventually arrive at 70,000! The project would also include about 50 corporate boxes. It has also been muted that plans are in place to add capacity to the Kop by raising its angle rather than pushing it backwards.
Now, while all comments are more than welcome and much appreciated, the issue here is not to re-argue if it is best to have a new stadium or redevelop Anfield.

From comments received the MAJORITY of Liverpool fans would support a re-development! What I really want is for anyone who has heard any realistic rumours, especially you guys on location, to let your fellow LFC supporters get any breaking news in this regard before we get the official announcement.

Are these indiscretions true as far as you know?"

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

RE: Anfield re-development

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 am

I don't think that's true, but I think that's what NESV done with the team they bought over in America.

There's not a lot of space around Anfield though, so the stand would be pretty fucking steep to increase it by that much. I'm no engineer though.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:21 am

Round the corners at the kop end
Knock the Annie Rd end
2 towers in the corners of the Annie Rd for Corp boxes a la san siro and another bigger 2 tier grandstand built out on the land where actual anfield road is and re route cars via the park

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:34 pm

surely they must be only going to announce that they are seeking an application for planning permission for the redevolopment as wouldn`t they have needed to put up notices for planning permisson around the ground first so that they have to give the residents the right to challange it
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:20 pm

surely they must be only going to announce that they are seeking an application for planning permission for the redevolopment as wouldn`t they have needed to put up notices for planning permisson around the ground first so that they have to give the residents the right to challange it
Yeah but don't them notices have something like a 60 day appeal span?
So it would make perfect sense to do it now with a few to start work in the close season
Our last home game is may 15 and I'm sure if needed be we could request starting off away next season which would give almost 3 1/2 months for work to be carried out

It cuts things fine time wise especially when you factor in tendering process but I'm sure it could be done

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:31 pm

yeah thats true enough dub
to have it ready for the summer i`m sure they`ve been goin through the process with Liverpool council first but if they have i find it strange that nothing was leaked as we all know what local policitians are like but who the fuck cares as long as we get the work started

not sure if this is true or but I read somewhere that JWH went for a walk around Stadium of Light yesterday after the match looking at the stadium.
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:06 pm

I hate the stadium of light
Never been to it but those awful big gangways with people constantly walking around makes it look like a shopping centre

Return to “Football Forum”