Destiny

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

RE: Destiny

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:57 am

Firing it up now. Judging by the icon on the PS4 home screen I'm calling it game of the year.

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:00 am

As fucking predicted, getting the game started is taking the most fucking time. Had to delete some old games so there was space, download some new patches FOR A BRAND NEW GAME ON THE DAY OF RELEASE, and now it seems you have to download half the game itself as they could be bothered to put it on the fucking disc.

Game of the year though.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:03 am

I only had a small 1mb patch to download, but it's a 16gb install which is taking a while. Pretty pictures and music while I wait though. GOTY

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:07 am

Yep. There was a picture of some fortress, and the grass around it was pretty bloody green. I would say it was the green of the year.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:24 am

Graphics: Not so good on the PS3. A let down in fact. The opening bit with the three astronauts on Mars looked stunning, but it all went down hill from there.

Game play: It's pretty much Halo so far. Some small cannon fodder that surrounds bigger tougher enemies, and then some even bigger ones sometimes. Back at the tower it reminds me of Mass Effect/ KOTOR.

Early days though. I did enjoy finding out during the first part that I could call a vehicle a just drive past everyone.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:37 am

Yeah I was thinking of Mass Effect too. It's got that kind of schmaltzy hammy voice acting and atmospheric music. Seems decent enough like. I never played Halo so it's all new to me. The graphics are gorgeous, and the bit where you go down in a tunnel on the fist or second mission and your flashlight comes on was very creepy,reminded me of Dead Space.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:08 am

Getting killed in a dead zone is shite. Pissed most of them, but cloaked hard nuts is too hard for me tonight to keep trying.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:47 am

I don't think I'm as far in as you. I had a couple of randoms join my game which was sort of fun but we were just charging around on bikes killing things when I wanted to get on the story. That's enough for tonight I think.

Should be good if a few of us get on.

Senior Rafa
Posting Freak

Postby Senior Rafa » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:45 am

Inital thoughts.

Graphics pretty slick on 360, frame rate is really good as well.
Have to agree feels Mass Effecty, but also borderlands and Halo into the mix.
Level 6 at the moment and unlocked MP (at level 5)
MP is a blast i am proper shit at the moment but it is really well balanced.
Can also see where the co-op will come into the story mode, as each area get's increasing difficult so when you get itno the teens some fo these levels are going to be a proper bastard to do without friends.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:59 pm

I don't think I'm as far in as you. I had a couple of randoms join my game which was sort of fun but we were just charging around on bikes killing things when I wanted to get on the story. That's enough for tonight I think.

I'm not that far in, but haven't really explored. Just got on with the mission. I've quite enjoyed it when I've team up with someone, but I never really know what they're doing, so it's short lived.

Senior Rafa
Posting Freak

Postby Senior Rafa » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

I'm not that far in, but haven't really explored. Just got on with the mission. I've quite enjoyed it when I've team up with someone, but I never really know what they're doing, so it's short lived.
Use a mic and you will learn.

Go a five man kill this morning on MP with a power slam from my titan in a control match.

So far really impressed with it. So far have match my expectations of the game.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:33 pm

I got a five man kill without even knowing it by chucking a grenade. Grenade of the year. I'm a gunslinger, not a titan. Might start a titan one though as i think you can alternate.

Senior Rafa
Posting Freak

Postby Senior Rafa » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:41 pm

I got a five man kill without even knowing it by chucking a grenade. Grenade of the year. I'm a gunslinger, not a titan. Might start a titan one though as i think you can alternate.
Yeah you can have two characters at a time. Might try Warlock as my second, spreading my Jizz like a sexed up space aged Gandalf.

You tried MP Rich it is good tbf

[video=youtube][/video]

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:49 pm

I only just unlocked it this morning and didn't have time to have a go. Oh yeah I must try those codes later.

Senior Rafa
Posting Freak

Postby Senior Rafa » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:02 pm

I only just unlocked it this morning and didn't have time to have a go. Oh yeah I must try those codes later.
Noob

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:40 pm

I have to admit, I'm tempted to chuck this in while it's still worth a few bob. I can see that it would be fun playing a co-op, but I don't really do that, or have anyone I know to do it with.

I keep thinking it might not be that great as a single player.

Senior Rafa
Posting Freak

Postby Senior Rafa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:14 am

Well I have done about 15 SP missions Dave and it's pretty good fun to be honest, can see what you mean the whole game does feel to be made with co-op/MP in mind.

Le Cut Inside Mane
Posting Freak

Postby Le Cut Inside Mane » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:43 am

Didn't enjoy the beta and I'm hearing more bad than good things about this so I'm glad I dodged a bullet.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:26 am

I don't like MMORPG games never have, a shooter should be a shooter and that's it. I saw the videos and it just looks and sounds like Halo. Online games are usually full of bad bellneds who just want to run into you and be a full time WUM.

Not interested in this game tbf tbh

Senior Rafa
Posting Freak

Postby Senior Rafa » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:42 am

Won't lie Mark there are remnants of Halo in there (You would expect that as it is from the guys that created the franchise), but it has been tweaked refined.

Multiplayer is very good tbh, best way to describe it is Halo meets counter strike, meets COD.
Didn't enjoy the beta and I'm hearing more bad than good things about this so I'm glad I dodged a bullet.
Haven't you notcied there aren't any big reviews for the game yet as Bungie purposely wouldn't let them review the game untill it was up and fully running (in others the paying public) so they can see what it feels like as if they reviewed the game the first day it came out it wouldn't give a proper presentaion of the game as a whole.

I have seen a lot of first impressions and they more or less agree on one thing, it's not the new age of FPS shooters, but as a complete package it's one of the best out.
Last edited by Senior Rafa on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “4thegames”