GEORGE LUCAS: THE 'TITANIC' OF GAMING IS COMING

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

GEORGE LUCAS: THE 'TITANIC' OF GAMING IS COMING

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sun May 25, 2014 11:04 pm

Fuck off George.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/g ... -is-coming
Speaking during a panel at the USC School of Cinematic Arts which also featured Microsoft’s Don Mattrick, filmmaking legends Steven Spielberg and George Lucas discussed their views on the future for the movie business and the next big step in videogames.

As reported by Variety, Spielberg feels games have not been able to foster the same level of empathy with characters, saying, “The second you get the controller something turns off in the heart, and it becomes a sport.”

Lucas feels this is something the game industry can and will achieve, but it is being stymied by the success of games that hinge upon regular on-screen violence.

In stark contrast to today’s blockbusters, Lucas feels the next big thing will be something quite different.

“The big game of the next five years will be a game where you empathize very strongly with the characters and it’s aimed at women and girls,” said Lucas. “They like empathetic games. That will be a huge hit and as a result that will be the ‘Titanic’ of the game industry, where suddenly you’ve done an actual love story or something and everybody will be like ‘where did that come from?’ Because you’ve got actual relationships instead of shooting people.”

Spielberg is currently working with Microsoft on an Xbox TV project based on the Halo franchise.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

RE: GEORGE LUCAS: THE 'TITANIC' OF GAMING IS COMING

Postby Damie Karras » Sun May 25, 2014 11:21 pm

I hope it's a game about a boat

Return to “4thegames”