PSP

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

PSP

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:11 am

Thinking about getting one for the boring bus journey to work. So you chaps that have got one...does anybody want to sell me theirs as they don't use it ? and what about getting a chipped one pandora or whatever it is !> is it easy to download games and that ?

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

RE: PSP

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:21 am

I have a first gen one which I never use but I'm sort of loathe to get rid of it as I'm convinced it will have a use at some point, even if its just a rearview mirror on GT5 or something.

Don't know fack all about chipping and downloading for it, think Dub and Raiden might though?

mcfly

Postby mcfly » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:28 am

You don't need to chip it as in a hardware chip, it's all software mods. It depends on what type of PSP you get too, the older the more freedom you'll have. I have a first gen like rich with CFW 5.00 M33-6

It's piss easy to do, just a case of downloading, unrar if needed, then place it on your psp's memory stick. Once it's installed you can play any game you want, I download them off warez-bb.org using a premium rapidshare account. Let me know if you need any help bruv :82y01op: .

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:56 am

My lad uses his all the time
It's great when we were on holidays because he could connect to the ps3 at home over the hotels wifi and watch the movies on the ps3 hard drive

He won't let me mod it, I did look into it a bit but there is some shit about motherboards on the model 2000 which he has and I wasn't sure if it were his model or the older 2000's because I bought it second hand so I hadn't got the original box to tell me

I got it for €70 too which is just over £50 don't know what that is in ozzy dollars
I do find that there is very little support from games developers because of the piracy thing

Darth Raiden

Postby Darth Raiden » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:43 am

Don't chip mine thanks :shant: its just not right.

I use a PSPgo anyway.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Cheers dudes. Now from what i read the "slim n lite' is the one to go for !? and i have seen a few for sale on gumtree already with the software and that already on it and with games on memory stick.

And the games to go for. what would you chaps recommend ?

Darth Raiden

Postby Darth Raiden » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Socom Fireteam Bravo 3, God of War: Chains of Olympus, Burnout Legends, Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX. Megal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 pm

You don't need to chip it as in a hardware chip, it's all software mods. It depends on what type of PSP you get too, the older the more freedom you'll have. I have a first gen like rich with CFW 5.00 M33-6

It's piss easy to do, just a case of downloading, unrar if needed, then place it on your psp's memory stick. Once it's installed you can play any game you want, I download them off warez-bb.org using a premium rapidshare account. Let me know if you need any help bruv :82y01op: .
Right very helpful, cheers dude. So lets say i go out and buy a slim n lite PSP from Cash Converters :icon_uhoh: on Friday pay day i could have the software mods and that and a few games on it by Monday ? how many big are the game files roughly mate ? how many could you get on a 8GB memory card ? Can i get games easily without premium account ?

mcfly

Postby mcfly » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:47 pm

Right very helpful, cheers dude. So lets say i go out and buy a slim n lite PSP from Cash Converters :icon_uhoh: on Friday pay day i could have the software mods and that and a few games on it by Monday ? how many big are the game files roughly mate ? how many could you get on a 8GB memory card ? Can i get games easily without premium account ?
I'm not too familar with the slim PSP's tbh mate, but I can't imagine it being too diferent from a fat psp.There's a softmod for the PSP Go so you should be fine. This is the site you want: http://www.psp-hacks.com/

You could get it friday and have games on it by friday depending on how quick you are on the pc and your download speed tbh. As for game size, it varies a lot. The biggest games are one's like GTA and MGS which are about 1.8GB so 8GB would be good (I use a 2GB :cno: ) I'm not too sure about getting them without a rapidshare acount cause thats what im used to having, there is this site that ive used for n64/ps1 roms which is good but dno what its like for psp: http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Playsta ... le_ISOs/44

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:16 am

There is some shit about the motherboards on slim 2000 model
That's where I ran into trouble, but there has been the slim 3000 and psp go since so it might be sorted
Let me know how you get on I might give it another crack myself
Some links I have in my bookmarks for downloading games

http://www.pspisoz.com/index.php
Last edited by Damie Karras on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:23 pm

What custom firmware you boys rocking ?

mcfly

Postby mcfly » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:36 am

Custom Firmware 5.00 M33-6

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1646

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:21 am

Cheers dude. Im edging closer to buying one see im a tight bastard and have been thunking is it worth the money/would i use it !? See its only $100 for a 2nd hand fat PSP and been doing my homework and the GTA's i iant played, Manhunt 2, GOW and th enew MGS it's a worthwhile purchase.

You run emulators on yours Jacques ? mame, snes and that ?

Darth Raiden

Postby Darth Raiden » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:28 pm

official firmware on mine

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:08 am

Finally got one. No now to downgrade the firmware i have had to order a pandora battery and im waiting for my 8gb memory card as well so have it but cant bloody play it. In preparation though im downloading ISO's everyday so im ready to go when all the shit gets here.

mcfly

Postby mcfly » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:48 pm

What model is it and what firmware is it on mate?

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Its on a FAT one and its got 6.00 i think on it right now...have i fudged up here or summat !?
Last edited by Macho Man Randy Savage on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcfly

Postby mcfly » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:03 pm

No you haven't mate I was just checking you had a hacable psp. Here's a good guide if you haven't got one already, you want the 'For Bricked/OFW/to Downgrade/Upgrade PSP Users (Hackable Mother Boards VIA Pandora)' part.

http://forums.qj.net/psp-homebrew-hacks ... guide.html

You will need another softmodded psp to create a pandora's battery, unless you hardmod your battery yourself.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:16 pm

I bought a Pandora battery online brother it was like $10 delivered. From what i saw not hard to make one yourself but i don't have access to a soldering iron. I cant wait to get at leas the memory card...i will settle for emulators on the bus until the batter arrives.

Thanks for link.

Oh any good guides just for downgrading if you got all the right gear ?
Last edited by Macho Man Randy Savage on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcfly

Postby mcfly » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:51 am

Yeah on that link I posted darlin':
Since now you have a Pandora battery, we can move on to turn the memory stick into a magic memory stick to install CFW on the PSP. For this guide, we will use Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker for 5.00 M33-4.

What you need for this to work:

1 - A memory card compatible with the PSP fake/genuine. I prefer genuine in this kind of situation, but either way it works.

2 - Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker for 5.00 M33-4 which you can download from here.

3 - A memory card reader for the PC, or a friend's working PSP.

4 - 5.00 EBOOT

For the procedure :

1 - Download Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker for 5.00 M33-4 from the link supplied above, and run RainsUltraLiteMMS.exe. This application installs DDC 8.

2 - Download the 5.00 EBOOT, amd place it in the same folder as the program (Rain's UltraLite MMS Maker).

3 - Insert your memory stick in the card reader, or connect to the PC with a USB cable if you have another working PSP (that is if you have a bricked PSP, otherwise just use your PSP) with your memory stick inserted in it.

4 - Close any windows or other programs connected to the PSP.

5 - When you are ready, click "Make MMS"

6 - When its finished, safely remove your memory stick.

Using the MMS and the Pandora battery :

1 - Insert the MMS first into your PSP.

2 - Insert the Pandora battery, while holding the left trigger (L button). Then the application will guide you from there. For available options and extra guidance, check this thread.

When you finish downgrading/upgrading/reflashing your PSP, and you want to convert the battery,which was softmodded (NOT HARDMODDED), back to normal, continue reading.

To convert your Pandora battery into a normal battery:

1 - Extract the Pandora Installer Revision 4 you downloaded to your desktop.

2 - Remove the battery of the PSP and plugin the AC adapter.

3 - Power up the PSP, then place the battery back.

4 - Enter the extracted folder and copy 'pan3xx' to X:/PSP/GAME on your memory stick.

5 - Launch it via the game menu in XMB.

6 - The credit screen will appear. just press "OK" or "Do not show this again" to proceed.

7 - Scroll down to Battery option and choose "make battery normal".
RemarkIf you have the original serial of the battery dumped, then choose the option "set battery serial from file".

8 - When done, exit the application.

Return to “4thegames”