NSFW***THE 4THELULZ ALCOHOL FREE JANUARY THREAD*** WE'RE ALL ON THE BLOB TBF

Keep on Lulzing
darkvoid
Posting Freak

RE: NSFW***THE 4THELULZ ALCOHOL FREE JANUARY THREAD*** WE'RE ALL ON THE BLOB TBF

Postby darkvoid » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:37 pm

i reckon you guys have all done well espicially as ye don't have a nagging bird making ye stop. its them boring weekend nights when you have nothing to do that are the real cunt
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

RE: NSFW***THE 4THELULZ ALCOHOL FREE JANUARY THREAD*** WE'RE ALL ON THE BLOB TBF

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:45 am

I'm fucking hanging out for a pint tbf.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:53 am

:icon_lol:

So are you back off it then?
I was going to have some later but I've only been to the gym once on Monday and played a football match on Wednesday (my legs are still sore from it tbh)
So I'm going to put in a monster sess in the gym this evening and then see how I feel

I'm going to a party in a local GAA club tomorrow and the bar is open til 5am :icon_uhoh:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:11 am

Well, I wasn't, but I had a massive breakfast stick about one and now I'm thirsty.

I've got to drive thirty miles tomorrow night to babysit my neice and nephew till one in the morning, so I don't want to be hungover for that.

I might be though.
Last edited by Van Halen are Fucking Pump on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:12 am

:icon_lol:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:49 am

Fuck it. Had one in the cupboard. I'm going to hate myself in the morning. Now. I'm going to sot down, finish off The Inbetweeners and maybe stick Howard the Duck on.
Last edited by Van Halen are Fucking Pump on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:41 am

One Stella hardly counts

So much for my big session in the gym, just got over the hour mark and I gave up legs are killing me after that game of football
Why is that? I had been doing 2hrs leg work in the gym no probs but 60mins of football has me fucked

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:19 am

I'm not known for having one drink :icon_uhoh:

I find that if you do things like football, tennis etc, then you're using your muscles in different was, so it kills for days afterwards compared to running.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:44 am

[quote="Oh_Dear"]
I'm not known for having one drink :icon_uhoh:
Last edited by Lap on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Alcohol causes nearly 4 per cent of deaths worldwide, more than AIDS, tuberculosis or violence, the World Health Organisation said today.

Rising incomes have triggered more drinking in heavily populated countries in Africa and Asia, including India and South Africa, and binge drinking is a problem in many developed countries, the United Nations agency said.

Yet alcohol control policies are weak and remain a low priority for most governments despite drinking's heavy toll on society from road crashes, violence, disease, child neglect and job absenteeism, it said.

Approximately 2.5 million people die each year from alcohol-related causes, the WHO said in its Global Status Report on Alcohol and Health .

"The harmful use of alcohol is especially fatal for younger age groups and alcohol is the world's leading risk factor for death among males aged 15-59," the report found.

In Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), every fifth death is due to harmful drinking, the highest rate.

Binge drinking is now prevalent in Brazil, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Russia, South Africa and Ukraine, and rising elsewhere, according to the WHO.

"Worldwide, about 11 per cent of drinkers have weekly heavy episodic drinking occasions, with men outnumbering women by four to one. Men consistently engage in hazardous drinking at much higher levels than women in all regions," the report said.

Health ministers from the WHO's 193 member states agreed last May to try to curb binge drinking and other growing forms of excessive alcohol use through higher taxes on alcoholic drinks and tighter marketing restrictions.

Alcohol is a causal factor in 60 types of diseases and injuries, according to WHO's first report on alcohol since 2004.

Its consumption has been linked to cirrhosis of the liver, epilepsy, poisonings, road traffic accidents, violence, and several types of cancer, including cancers of the colorectum, breast, larynx and liver.

"Six or seven years ago we didn't have strong evidence of a causal relationship between drinking and breast cancer. Now we do," said Vladimir Poznyak, head of WHO's substance abuse unit who coordinated the report.

Alcohol consumption rates vary greatly, from high levels in developed countries, to the lowest in North Africa, sub-Saharan Africa, and southern Asia, whose large Muslim populations often abstain from drinking.

Homemade or illegally produced alcohol - falling outside governmental controls and tax nets - accounts for nearly 30 per cent of total worldwide adult consumption. Some is toxic.

In France and other European countries with high levels of adult per capita consumption, heavy episodic drinking is rather low, suggesting more regular but moderate drinking patterns.

Light to moderate drinking can have a beneficial impact on heart disease and stroke, according to the WHO. "However, the beneficial cardio-protective effect of drinking disappears with heavy drinking occasions," it said.

One of the most effective ways to curb drinking, especially among young people, is to raise taxes, the report said. Setting age limits for buying and consuming alcohol, and regulating alcohol levels in drivers, also reduce abuse if enforced.

Some countries restrict marketing of alcoholic beverages or on the industry's sponsorship of sporting events.

"Yet not enough countries use these and other effective policy options to prevent death, disease and injury attributable to alcohol consumption," the WHO said.

Alcohol producers including Diageo and Anheuser Busch InBev have said they recognise the importance of industry self-regulation to address alcohol abuse and promote curbs on drunk drinking and illegal underage drinking.

But the brewer SABMiller has warned that policy measures like minimum pricing and high excise taxes on alcohol could cause more public health harm than good by leading more people to drink homemade or illegally produced alcohol

Lunchtime Friday.
What timing to publish such a report :icon_thumbdown:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:56 pm

Four percent doesn't sound that much.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

RE: ***THE 4THELULZ ALCOHOL FREE JANUARY THREAD***

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:22 am

Well, I'm still on holiday, so this doesn't count.

I'm actually thinking of giving it up until my birthday in March as I'm getting that new job this month.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:28 am

New bloke starts Monday. He's twenty two and well posh.

I'm going to turn up a fucking mess :cno:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:49 am

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: good show :icon_lol:

Keep calling him Tarquin and offering him scones for good measure.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:16 pm

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:47 pm

don`t know if ye guys know but i suffer from a drink problem?

I have two hands but only one mouth
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:44 pm

No booze for me last night. Might be going out tonight, but we'll see.

I'm about to go round the gym in a minute. This will be the earliest I've ever been I think :icon_eek:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:02 am

Been in the pub since about 145 just after kick off in the Lfc game and came home just after the arsenal, been home almost 3hrs and although I'm well oiled I've fed me and the nipper and had about 15mins power nap

The missus has been out in a different pub since about the same time maybe a little earlier,
She's gonna be a mess when she gets in isn't she :icon_uhoh:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:16 am

I've been drinking since about twelve.

Tomorrow is going to be extra shit as we are a man down.

And I'm in charge.

And I might get done for drink driving on the way in.

Not checked my lottery tickets yet though.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:31 am

Yeah well fuck her I'm going to bed

I'm also giving up eating cheese

Return to “4thelulz”