NSFW***THE 4THELULZ ALCOHOL FREE JANUARY THREAD*** WE'RE ALL ON THE BLOB TBF

Keep on Lulzing
darkvoid
Posting Freak

RE: ***THE 4THELULZ ALCOHOL FREE JANUARY THREAD*** AKA THE LOAD OF BULLSHIT THREAD

Postby darkvoid » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:31 am

i know that cos after a few beers you`ll be of touching yourself to my photo :icon_redface:
Brendan, the end is nigh :icon_thumbsup:

Lap
Posting Freak

RE: ***THE 4THELULZ ALCOHOL FREE JANUARY THREAD*** AKA THE LOAD OF BULLSHIT THREAD

Postby Lap » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:10 am

Wishing you luck with that shout Dave.

Back to Docs this morning for extra pain relief.
Told all the pain and swelling in the knee that im suffering was a symptom of alcohol abuse- will always fucking have the condition.
i could be taking up the Void lifestyle ie knocking the stuff for good - see how i fare out after a while.

i just know you cunts are gonna throw that back in me face some night

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:29 am

Wishing you luck with that shout Dave.

Back to Docs this morning for extra pain relief.
Told all the pain and swelling in the knee that im suffering was a symptom of alcohol abuse- will always fucking have the condition.
i could be taking up the Void lifestyle ie knocking the stuff for good - see how i fare out after a while.

i just know you cunts are gonna throw that back in me face some night
tbh mate it wasn`t an easy thing to do but it was either stop drinking or the girlfriend was goin to walk with the kids which to be fair on her and them if i hadn`t it would have been the right thing to do :nodding:
best move i ever did though. feel healthier have no intrest in going out anymore and a life without hangovers is fucking unbelievable :icon_thumbsup:
Last edited by darkvoid on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:35 am

Sometimes I go three or four weeks without drinking and life is a lot better then as well. Weekends become relaxing rather than an endurance test. I should give up drinking indoors I think.

I'm going for the 12th of March for this though as it's my birthday. I might tell as many people as I can, as I wouldn't be able stand their smug "I told you, you couldn't do it" shitness when I crack, so that might help pull me through.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:55 am

I should give up drinking indoors I think.
I think that's the secret right there. When Im in the habit i pretty much write my evenings off as I know I won't be able to drive anywhere and I'm not really walking distance from anyone so it's a case of shut the door, shut the world out.

It's nice knowung that when I'm round my mates later I can just come and go as I please, no fannying around with taxis or anything.

I'm not saying I would stop permanently but I'm very positive about this for some reason this time and once I get past next weekend, the first dry weekend in recent memory, I think it'll be a piece of piss.
Actually thinking about it I've just had a dry weekend as I havent drunk since Friday evening.
Last edited by VAN HALEN on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:57 am

I'd never last til march

The way I justify it to myself (certainly at the beginning) is that I gave up smoking and needed something to help me relax, that's when I start drinking midweek before then I'd never have dreamt of it

I also look at my brothers and some of my mates who'd spunk €100 on a Saturday afternoon alone on fags booze and horses and I think to myself well fuck it my only pleasure is drinking 3 or 4 nights a week and I could get pissed each of those nights for just over a tenner....so I'm not as bad as them, some of them would be spending 100s of quid a week. I know one of my brothers goes out thursday night with the missus, Friday night, all day Saturday drinking and gambling, Sunday for the football which he gambles on too and then for a curer Monday after work
He must easily spend €400

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:12 am

I don't know how some people function like that. Maybe they don't bolt it down their necks like I do.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:38 am

You become accostumed to it
If I drink a half bottle of vodka on Friday I'll need slighty more on the Saturday just to get as drunk as I was on the Friday

Now if you drink 8 or 10 pints Thursday - Sunday by Sunday night you won't feel the effects as much as on the Thursday, infact you'd barely have a hangover on the Monday

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:45 am

Yup that was our logic when I shared a house with my buddies and we were in the pub literally every night. Brutal.

I just can't do that any more. Hangovers are twice as bad for twice as long and I can't just knock them back the way I used to. Maybe the first two pints but then I slow right down.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:06 am

Its the mid week/ every night after dinner ones that i need to kick.

Popular justifications to myself include
-Had a drink with dinner so not much point in the Gym later,actually have another one
-Had a fucker of a day that i really need/ deserve a beer
-Working on a project ar work, maybe a drink will unock some new idea within me .
-Liverpool playing live tonight- must have a beer even if i have no idea what country that team are from.
-Ah one of your mates pet round for a visit- dont mind if i have a glass too.

Sound familiar??

January deffo no drinking , make a call on it after that.
Last edited by Lap on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:12 am

I won't touch it during the week, but sometimes when it gets to 5:25 on a Friday, all of a sudden I think "I'll stop off at the offie and get some bottles, it'll be alright" And then I sit up till two or three on the net or watching a film. I can't remember going to bed either way. Then I get up feeling shit and it's only a matter of time till I crack another one open later that evening.

Strangely enough though, if I don't drink on a Friday it's highly unlikely that I'll drink on the Saturday.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:18 am

Its the mid week/ every night after dinner ones that i need to kick.

Popular justifications to myself include
-Had a drink with dinner so not much point in the Gym later,actually have another one I don't drink with dinner
-Had a fucker of a day that i really need/ deserve a beer :uhyes:
-Working on a project ar work, maybe a drink will unock some new idea within me .Nope
-Liverpool playing live tonight- must have a beer even if i have no idea what country that team are from. :iconuhohshakeylp0: :uhyes:
-Ah one of your mates pet round for a visit- dont mind if i have a glass too.

Sound familiar??

January deffo no drinking , make a call on it after that.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

RE: ***THE 4THELULZ HOW MUCH ALCOHOL CAN WE DRINK IN JANUARY THREAD*** AKA THE LOAD OF BULLSHIT THREAD

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:37 am

It's getting to me now tbh
Boredom more than anything else

Posting Freak

RE: ***THE 4THELULZ HOW MUCH ALCOHOL CAN WE DRINK IN JANUARY THREAD*** AKA THE LOAD OF BULLSHIT THREAD

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:16 am

It's only been days :icon_uhoh:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:36 am

Alright for you lads out working

I'm climbing the fucking Walls here

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:02 am

Are you still going round the gym?

I find if I come back knackered, then I can't be arsed to do anything, so I'm not bothered about drinking, i can just stick a film on or something.

Bren
Posting Freak

Postby Bren » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:10 am

In the same boat Dum, nothing in work wise and cracked last night it was only 2 bottles and a can of queers light ...

Haven't been to the gym either, one big fat mess from the festivities

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:56 am

Are you still going round the gym?

I find if I come back knackered, then I can't be arsed to do anything, so I'm not bothered about drinking, i can just stick a film on or something.
I only went for a swim today
The legs were a bit stiff this morning so I decided to take it easy, plus I had to look after my son all day so I had no free time

I've perfected my technique on frisby golf on playstation move, got a hole/basket in one :icon_smug:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:54 am

When I wake up tomorrow I will have lived a week without any booze or other indulgences.

I don't miss them. I'm feeling tetchy and irritable and bored to fucking death but that will pass, its just my body readjusting. But I don't have the patience for computers much without having my brain numbed.

I might wipe the millimetre of dust off my playstation move controller and jam it into my arsehole violently without lube.

darkvoid
Posting Freak

Postby darkvoid » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:51 am

When I wake up tomorrow I will have lived a week without any booze or other indulgences.

I don't miss them. I'm feeling tetchy and irritable and bored to fucking death but that will pass, its just my body readjusting. But I don't have the patience for computers much without having my brain numbed.

I might wipe the millimetre of dust off my playstation move controller and jam it into my arsehole violently without lube.

why have you tried it with lube and not hardcore enough for you
Last edited by darkvoid on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “4thelulz”