Old school mates dying

Keep on Lulzing
Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Old school mates dying

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:09 pm

Really brings home your own mortality does it?

Just found out Veran Toomy. A lad in the year below me, has died of a heart attack at 43. He was quite a drag user much of his adult life, but I had heard that he was clean for the last year, but I don't know how true that is.

Joe Lane. Lad in my year. managed to drink himself to death last year. He was a grandad as well. Last time I saw him was in a pub funnily enough. Not a bad bloke actually. Very sad that one.

Lee Chapman died of cancer years ago.

Dean Cox died in a car craash.

Getting old isn't much fun.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Re: Old school mates dying

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:36 pm

Gives you a different view on older people. When I was growing up I thought I knew everything and they were just old and what do they know. Now I know better, they’ve been through the sort of thing you describe as well and still keep a brave face on things.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:57 pm

Yeah. Imagine being a widow. Must be shite.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:28 pm

And then TV actors you grew up with kick the bucket as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57967777

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:53 am

It's a strange one.

Every now and then, I remember that I'll be 50 in a couple of years. That sounds fucking old. I don't feel or "act" how I perceived 50 to be when I was younger.

It just goes to show that when we were younger/kids (or at least when I was) I always thought that people had it all figured out when they were older. Now I realise that people were just blagging their way through life, Loads have anxiety, fear or worse.

For me, it takes longer to get over hangovers, playing football you realise that your mind wants to do stuff but your body can't - it is frustrating BUT then equally you realise you give less fucks about what people think of you. You realise what's important and what's bullshit (disposable).

I still have mates now who are living like they were in their late 20's - getting hammered a fair bit, getting "on it" etc. Nothing wrong with that if its what you want - just feels like it's filling a gap elsewhere.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:55 am

Hitting 50 is fucking shit. As u say Vin, 50 yr olds seemed to be old people when you were younger. Now that Im here I still find it very difficult to accept that I am one of those people. Not helped by Esther Rantzen and the likes suddenly popping on ads asking if Im 50 or over and how I could avail of the free introductory carriage fucking clock
The reality is, things do start to go downhill from here on. You notice many various small changes to your body/ physique every few months.
Im fighting it.. Im not ready to start decaying just yet.
Ive not said it to anyone, but this fear is the reason why I have been doing what I have since the start of the year.
Lost a good bit of weight and I feel great. But there is always the fear that the years of full on everything could yet come back to bite me in the ass.
Did I mention that being 50 makes you a depressing fucker too?

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:37 am

Lyrics

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:52 pm

Not helped by Esther Rantzen and the likes suddenly popping on ads asking if Im 50 or over and how I could avail of the free introductory carriage fucking clock
:josh:

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:10 am

One of my mrs mates, her ex bloke who would have been about ours quite a bit, just heard he died earlier.. liver packed in. There's pics of him on FB in hospital this week. Really unsettling images. Hard to get the head around.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:40 am

On the pop all the time I take it though?

A lession for us all.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:13 am

He was heavy on it . Signed himself in and spent 6 grand in a treatment centre getting dry . was looking great the last time I seen him . Didn’t realise he’d started again.. poor lad . Can’t get it out of my head tbh

Return to “4thelulz”