The Euro vote

Keep on Lulzing
VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Re: The Euro vote

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:28 am

Well this is it. I don't think anyone like us really has enough hard and fast info to make a properly informed decision, and the media and politicians and commentators all work to their own agendas so should be ignored. Which brings us back to gut feeling and instinct as I mentioned earlier.

I try not to be too cynical when it comes to stuff like this but I just don't see any convincing arguments to remain.

But even then, are we even in it properly? Why do we still use our own currency?

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:17 am

That was down to Thatcher.

Proved to be the correct decision as well.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:06 am

Is anyone sick of this whole subject yet?

Everywhere I go it's all people are talking about.

Thank the Lord Satan the euros start soon.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:07 am

Do you think you're hatred of the Tory government might be influencing your stance?

We've had a couple of eu treaty referendums fail here in what was more a 2 finger statement to the sitting government but the cunts just repackage it and sell it again

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:02 am

The head says Germany look hard to beat
Heart says Ireland v Nireland final
12 years since Greece , 12 years before that it was Denmark who got in on a pass

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:51 am

:icon_lol: :adore:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:08 am

:rich:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:44 pm

Do you think you're hatred of the Tory government might be influencing your stance?

We've had a couple of eu treaty referendums fail here in what was more a 2 finger statement to the sitting government but the cunts just repackage it and sell it again
It shouldn't do, as the worst thing about it all is that I'm on the same side as David Cameron.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:55 pm

Just saw a graphic that said

Vote remain and your vote will never count again.

I think that nails it.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:10 pm

Fuck off does it.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:12 pm

"Handing power to another country that makes decisions for us without us having a say means we will have a say."

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:29 pm

What's so good about the ones we elect?

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:32 pm

Well that's a whole other discussion. But at least we get to elect or not elect them.

What do you think about this?
There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding and scare-mongering about June 23rd, and people want to know the facts.

YOU ARE NOT voting to leave the EEA or WTO, meaning all of the UK's trade and benefit agreements will remain unchanged should we leave.
YOU ARE NOT voting to leave NATO, meaning our security agreements remain unchanged. Should we receive an act of hostility from a non-NATO member, then NATO countries are obliged to come to our assistance. This does not change.
YOU ARE NOT voting to leave the UN, G8 or G20, meaning Britain will have the same voice on the world stage as it does today.
YOU ARE NOT voting to leave Europe! The UK will still, geographically, be part of Europe. Non political organisations aligned to Europe will still extend membership to the UK (I.e. sports governing bodies, Eurovision etc.).
YOU ARE NOT voting to stop recognising Interpol, Europol and neither are you voting for SIS / MI6 to stop dealing with other intelligence services in the fight against terrorism and global, organised crime.
YOU ARE NOT voting against being able to travel to Europe, contrary to the belief of some fools recently on TV. You will still use a passport to go on holiday and you will still be allowed entry to countries in Europe. You may even get chance to skip queues by using the non--EU queues at the airport!
YOU ARE NOT voting against human rights. The EU Convention on, and European Court of Human Rights are not part of the EU. Until parliament passes a new bill of rights for the UK, these will still apply.
YOU ARE NOT voting to kick anyone out of the UK or block access to anyone. Neither are you voting to stop recruiting valuable European workers into things like the NHS.
YOU ARE NOT voting to move jobs nor production out of the UK. The EU actually helped fund the move of Ford Transit production from the UK to Turkey... Yes, the EU helped give UK jobs to people in Turkey by giving Ford a loan of £80m with very generous terms! The EU is also the reason that Land Rover had to cease production of the Defender in Birmingham making 450 people redundant.
YOU ARE NOT giving sovereignty to David Cameron, but to the UK House of elected representatives. Do not be fooled by the fear campaigns that are simply run by the wealthy, who need EU money to thrive! If you worry about that because you don't like the Conservative government, look at the reality. Their majority in parliament is very slim. We vote every 4 years. They have been blocked on big decisions already.

The UK economy will benefit to the tune of £billions in the first year after we leave.
Medical and science research WILL NOT simply stop. The UK pays into the EU to then get money back in the form of funding. The UK will now be in control of this money and can choose to fund whatever UK based medical, science, art or other research it chooses.
Farming WILL NOT lose money because of EU funding being cut. The UK negotiated a rebate of some monies that the UK pays to the EU, in order to subsidise UK farmers. Instead of asking for our money back, we can give it straight to farmers.

WHAT YOU ARE VOTING FOR IS UK SOVEREIGNTY. You are voting to stay in or leave a political union of leaders and representatives that British people did not elect. You are voting against a commission of unelected, elite men that nobody at all voted for and yet they make decisions on our behalf. You are simply voting to bring sovereignty back to Westminster, and that is all.

Think about the future, and your family's future.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:29 pm

Well that's a whole other discussion. But at least we get to elect or not elect them.
The UK economy will benefit to the tune of £billions in the first year after we leave.
Medical and science research WILL NOT simply stop. The UK pays into the EU to then get money back in the form of funding. The UK will now be in control of this money and can choose to fund whatever UK based medical, science, art or other research it chooses.
Farming WILL NOT lose money because of EU funding being cut. The UK negotiated a rebate of some monies that the UK pays to the EU, in order to subsidise UK farmers. Instead of asking for our money back, we can give it straight to farmers.
This vvvv
My mailbag’s been drowning with questions and concerns. The biggest being: “Please just tell us the facts, what’ll happen if we leave?” I’m sorry, but the most important thing to understand is: there are no facts about what happens next.

Anyone who tells you they KNOW what’ll happen if we leave the EU is a liar. Predicting exact numbers for economic, immigration or house price change is nonsense. What’s proposed is unprecedented. All the studies, models and hypotheses are based on assumptions – that’s guesstimate and hope.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Exactly Mark.

And I've already cover what our lot want to do with this.
YOU ARE NOT voting against human rights. The EU Convention on, and European Court of Human Rights are not part of the EU. Until parliament passes a new bill of rights for the UK, these will still apply.

The rest of it I already knew. Will still be geographically part of Europe for fucks sake. Who thought we were moving?

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:05 am

Ok so a few holes can be picked without offering any actual counters. If you put something up that forwards your stance that is watertight I'd love to see it.

Question for you. Without googling, can you name the president of the EU?

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:08 am

Donald Tusk.

You appeared to copy and paste something from Britain First earlier. A load of stuff I would like to assume most people already knew.

I've already stated that I think it will be negative on the economy, rights will be taken away rather than given back if we left, and what do you think an elected government will do with any money saved and how much money will it be?

Copied and pasted from the first website I found.

1. Jobs

Around 3.5 million British jobs are directly linked to British membership of the European Union’s single market – 1 in 10 British jobs.

2. Exports & investment

The EU buys over 50 per cent of UK exports (54 per cent of goods, 40 per cent of services).
Over 300,000 British companies and 74 per cent of British exporters operate in other EU markets.
American and Asian EU firms build factories in Britain because it is in the single market.

3. Trade

The EU negotiates trade agreements with the rest of the world. Outside the EU Britain would have to renegotiate trade deals alone. While the EU is the world’s largest market, a UK outside the EU would not be a high priority for other counties to negotiate a trade deal.

4. Consumer clout

British families enjoy lower mobile phone roaming charges, lower credit card fees, cheaper flights and proper compensation when flights are delayed or cancelled. These sorts of benefits could not be achieved by Britain alone.

5. Clean environment

Through commonly agreed EU standards, national Governments have achieved improvements to the quality of air, rivers and beaches. Good for Britain and good for Britons holidaying or living abroad!

6. Power to curb the multinationals

The EU has taken on multinational giants like Microsoft, Samsung and Toshiba for unfair competition. The UK would not be able to do this alone.

7. Freedom to work and study abroad – and easy travel

1.4 million British people live abroad in the EU. More than 14,500 UK students took part in the European Union’s Erasmus student exchange scheme in 2012-13. Driving licences issued in the UK are valid throughout the EU.

8. Peace and democracy

The EU has helped secure peace among previously warring western European nations. It helped to consolidate democracy in Spain, Portugal, Greece and former Soviet bloc countries and helped preserve peace in the Balkans since the end of the Balkans War. With the UN it now plays a leading role in conflict prevention, peacekeeping and democracy building.

9. Equal pay and non-discrimination

Equal pay for men and women is enshrined in EU law, as are bans on discrimination by age, race or sexual orientation. This benefits Britain and British people who live in other EU countries.

10. Influence in the world

As 28 democracies, and as the world’s biggest market, we are strong when we work together.
Britain is represented in many international organisations in joint EU delegations – giving Britain more influence than it would have alone. The EU has played a major role in climate, world trade and development.

11. Cutting red tape

Common rules for the common market make it unnecessary to have 28 sets of national regulations.

12. Fighting crime

The European Arrest Warrant replaced long extradition procedures and enables the UK to extradite criminals wanted in other EU countries, and bring to justice criminals wanted in the UK who are hiding in other EU countries.

Eurojust helps UK authorities work with other EU countries’ to tackle international organised crime such as drug smuggling, people trafficking and money laundering.

...and one bonus...

13. Research funding

The UK is the second largest beneficiary of EU research funds, and the British Government expects future EU research funding to constitute a vital source of income for our world-leading universities and companies.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:17 am

Let's not forget a return to the 3 foreigner rule in the EPL

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:43 am

There are four presidents of the EU. I'd have thought if someone is willing to hand over control of their country to a foreign organisation they'd at least know some of the people that run that organisation. Aside from him and Merkel who are some other senior EU representatives (that you never have and never will have a chance to vote for) you want to gift wrap our country for?

i don't read Britain First stuff so I wouldn't know about that and all I did was ask what you think.

Have you actually just posted a thing that says the EU cuts out red tape? :icon_lol: :67s6qro:

Ok this workers rights thing you keep mentioning. I agree, it's a problem. So wouldn't you rather it gets sorted by us in our own country (by shitcanning the foul tories)? Why do a bunch of fat cats in another country have to sort it for us?

I still just get this impression that folk like yourself who want to stay in only want to because it somehow makes you feel like you're a 'sound bloke'. Selling out yours, your kids, and their kids futures because you're a bit insecure and scared some loony lefty might call you a name :adore:

I think you've just sealed my decision for me.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:55 am

Oh and remember a few years back when Irish everywhere were crowing with laughter because we had to give them a load of cash to bail them out of their own mess?

Expect a whole lot more of that if, as I expect, the working man gets shat on once again as the rich elite vote to keep us in an organisation as clearly and obviously corrupt and shady as FIFA.

Return to “4thelulz”