The Euro vote

Keep on Lulzing
Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Re: The Euro vote

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:00 am

It might have been "laughter" on the 365's and the like but not one Irish person really enjoyed been subjected to a bailout because of a cowardly government covering the banks asses

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:02 am

Fair enough

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:37 am

The imf is a different entity to the eu too, you are no more likely or unlikely to get involved in bailouts either way. Fact is the substaning the Irish economy is essential to the uk.
2bn in Irish bank dept is uk based

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:50 am

So you are saying the uk and Eire are co dependent? I don't know much about that (or any of this really) tbh. So where does the EU come into our relationship with you? Surely we can come to our own arrangements with each other.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:02 am

Not sure our market share is any worth to you
But yours sure is hell is to us

And we no doubt need the EU as aside to the UK

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:11 pm

I still just get this impression that folk like yourself who want to stay in only want to because it somehow makes you feel like you're a 'sound bloke'. Selling out yours, your kids, and their kids futures because you're a bit insecure and scared some loony lefty might call you a name
And I get the feeling the leave party pretty much want out just because of the immigration problem and somehow think leaving the EU will solve it. Using the phrase loony leftie makes you sound like Jim Davidson. I've given you my two main reasons for staying in, and it's not for wanting to come across as a sound bloke for crying out loud.

Calling EU members fat cats and bringing up bailouts is another laugh, and is bordering on a wind up. Do you not remember what happened to the banks a few years back? All bailed out due to bankers such as Nigel Farage fucking things up massively, and yet still taking tax payers money.

In fact here is a link to what the EU are trying to do about tax avoidance by huge companies. Something our own governments have done fuck all about for decades.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -companies

The last Tory/Lib Dem reign wasn't voted in, but I don't recall you saying a single thing about that. Kicking out the Tories would also be another problem as they walked the last election

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:54 pm

I've not mentioned immigration once. And I use the phrase loony lefty because, as Mark mentioned earlier, they bandy this thing about regarding people being 'far right' all the time, which simply isn't true. Their perspective is skewed. They would call someone like me right wing because I'm not as left wing as they are. But I plant myself bang in the middle of the political spectrum which, to the far left looks right wing. Even though it's not. The actual proper far right, your neo nazis and fascists and the like, are just as dangerous and repugnant as the far left just in different ways. Both basically want to bully you in to thinking like them, they just use different techniques.

But seeing as you have mentioned immigration, do you think it's racist or right wing to be concerned about it? The fact the NHS we are so rightly proud of is creaking under the strain? That many Europeans who come here do all kind of benefit scams and the ones that do work hard send most of the money they earn back to their home countries, completely undercutting our economy? It isn't racist or being mean to be concerned about these genuine issues you know. I visit many firms through work on a daily basis and speak to many different immigrants and get a very good, hands on picture of this subject so I feel I have a right to comment on it. Do you ever see me ranting about immigrants or getting angry about 'bloody foreigners' or whatever? All I say is there are problems that need to be addressed and to bring the subject up is not racist or xenophobic like the left would have us believe.

As for kicking out the tories yeah they will probably win the next election sadly as Labour is still floundering with that wet fart in charge. I've pretty much written off the next election but by the time time the following one comes round big Dave Miliband will be in charge to lead them back to power. But are you actually saying and defending the idea of being dictated to by unelected officials? Really? Really? You're happy to kiss goodbye to democracy because the EU wanted more money from big companies, and you are painting that as a plus point? Again, it's a problem but one our own country should deal with, not rely on others. Same with the banks and bailouts. These are all things we could and should sort out ourselves. Why are you so adamant Euro beaurocrats should do all this rather than our own government? I'm genuinely curious.

Also, you mentioned the 'sound bloke' thing in your OP.
Last edited by VAN HALEN on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:59 pm

My mistake, I did briefly mention immigration :icon_lol:

Bladdy foreigns :wave: etc

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Oh yeah, I was going to mention that someone at work did a quick informal straw poll. They asked 92 people which way they were voting and only 2 people said they were voting to remain. :icon_lol:

Obviously that's not any kind of real actual indicator but there you go. I do think remain will win it and if that's the case then so be it. Just like when the tories won the election, folk may not like it but we live in a democracy. Ironic then that this vote may well be our last effective act of true democracy :icon_cry:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:02 pm

I'm on the toilet at work right now, so it's hard to put my point across, but I called immigration a problem because it obviously is. The EU isn't asking for more money. It's asking the big companies to be transparent in their tax avoidance. That money would go to the government's coffers, not them if the public put more pressure on the companies not paying what they should.

If we do vote out I'm going to bump this thread everytime the government fucks things up.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:27 pm

Haha likewise if we vote in and the EU police come round to kick your door in for being a whoopsie :AC9:

I think we've taken this as far as it can go for now mate. I've enjoyed the debate and found it interesting but I'm gonna try and leave it now for a bit as I want to put my limited headspace in to other things for a bit :toppa:

Can't believe I used a quote from one of the prequels ffs, see what you've reduced me to :icon_lol: :picardfacepalm:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:59 am

Oh my fucking god. Some of the people I'm on side with in this debate :picardfacepalm:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:48 am

This is horse shit of course, but surely more of a reason to stay in?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/650120 ... dum-Brexit

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:31 am

I see this is polling pretty much 50/50, you aren't really going to leave though right :icon_uhoh:

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:59 am

Probably

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:47 am

I honestly think this could trigger another recession

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:52 am

It will

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:21 am

I think this is interesting. 24mins long but puts a good case forward for "remain". Pretty much articulates everything that I couldn't.

Most interesting is that even as a non-member of the EU, if we want to trade wth the EU then we would have to accept free movement of labour as one of the terms.

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2016/06/16 ... um-debate/

I think Boris is using the "out"campaign to further his political career. He used to be pro-EU. If the "exit" vote wins, it maybe used to renegotiate terms with the EU, which would piss off a lot of people.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:23 am

That's what I think will happen, the government will fall and he new government will just renegotiate terms with the EU but will ultimately remain in the EU

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:02 am

Boris is a fucking cunt who appears to have done all of this to raise his profile. As a major he was a joke. Imagine him as our PM. Imagine Boris Johnson bumbling away with world leaders. Cameron is lightweight. Boris is a fucking buffoon who got lucky after some funny bit on HIGNFY.

Shocking.

Return to “4thelulz”