The Euro vote

Keep on Lulzing
VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Re: The Euro vote

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:52 am

So one side lied, but the other side was completely legit in every way. Gotcha.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:57 am

Well the EU isn’t perfect by any means but it has been massively beneficial to all its member states.

I don’t remember them parking a bus outside Westminster Abbey with a massive lie painted across it

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:05 am

Well you'll be happy you're still in it then and everything should come up roses for Ireland thanks to the EU.

I don't care about the bus, petty political nonsense. We are leaving, that's what counts iirc.

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:05 am

I'm always stunned that people seemed to think that the bus was an actual policy. It wasn't really even presented that way.

What matters now is how we go about it. None of us have a clue. More worryingly, neither do the people in charge of making it happen.

Trump can fuck off pretending he knew what to do as well.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:35 am

Trump is a distraction, his words mean zero. You are right about none of us having a clue, but I have faith we can come through and common sense for all will prevail, if only people,could just calm down and think rationally about it. It's not the big evil nasty thing the media says it is, it can be perfectly fine if we all just calm down a bit imho. The left, the right, thick, smart, fat, thin, whatever, I'm off to listen to Tool.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:25 am

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:55 am

That Daily Mash website is pretty shit though isn't it?

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:54 pm

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:39 pm

What matters now is how we go about it. None of us have a clue. More worryingly, neither do the people in charge of making it happen.
That sort of hits the nail on the head. How did so many people vote leave when there was no plan, approach or strategy presented. Basically, it was a bunch of slogans that appealed to "sovereign" mindsets (whatever that means) and quite a lot of right wing views. I bet some of these fuckers would've voted to live on the moon - "we'll work it out when we get there"

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:55 am

Some, I'd say most, of us are smarter than that and don't hold any more right wing views than left wing. But whatever. If this silly stuff helps you guys deal with it then I won't complain.

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:41 am

Still doesn't address the main point which is how do you vote for something when there's nothing of any sibstanced mapped out?

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:41 am

Substance

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:18 am

Because that wasn't the question that was asked. The question was do you want to stay or leave. The fact that people were willing to leave despite the potential risks should maybe show the the depth of feeling against the EU. Not Europe itself, I should say. Common misconception that, that we hate Europe and foreigners and all that. No. It's the EU. Not Europe itself. Don't get misled by the pathetic media. I know London is a weird bubble as well, there's a whole country outside of it that deserves its voice just as much as London.

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:26 am

So tbere was a marginal victory for leave. Can accept the result. Im not confusing it with hating Europe - you're making a fair number of assumptions. The point i'm trying to make is 2 fold. The leave campaign did deploy right wing tactics, don't confuse that with me saying that everyone who voted leave is a racist or has right wing views.

If the question asked was should we leave the EU? Surely a good number of people should've thought about what that looks like and what this vision of independence will be achieved. The fact is that there was no plan and the campaign was won on a number of big statements that have been.proven to be lies.

I think the Brexit that will be negotiated will be a massive let down for the leavers. That's where we are heading. Out of the EU but still being part still having to accept the rules because we'll want the trade agreements.

Lap
Posting Freak

Postby Lap » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:32 am

One word.
Boris....

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:40 am

Boris doesn't speak for me.

Do Gary Lineker or Damon Albarn or Lily Allen speak for you?

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:55 am

I think the Brexit that will be negotiated will be a massive let down for the leavers. That's where we are heading. Out of the EU but still being part still having to accept the rules because we'll want the trade agreements.
This although at this point seems to be the obvious outcome won’t be accepted by hardliners

If it is the final outcome well then :icon_lol:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:19 am

That's killed that conversation then. Night night.

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:35 am

Well what other viable deal is there? None and 2 years of squabbling, lying to each other and resigning from position AND still having no option proves it.

If the lol is frustrating to you it’s because you probably know deep down it’s what the world is doing. Even tonight despite Trump/May licking each other’s arse only last week the US-EU have agreed a €1Trillion trade deal...
Uk are OUT of the deal on both sides

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Ah, it's lucky you're here to tell me what I feel deep down. I wasn't sure. Remainers have been trying to tell me what I am and what I should think this whole time so I'm sort of used to this by nowzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Return to “4thelulz”