Yorkshire Police covered in glory again

Keep on Lulzing
Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Yorkshire Police covered in glory again

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:15 pm

They had a right old laugh in the eighties.
Police chiefs asked for ­handouts from a charity fund intended for grieving families of the Hillsborough victims.

Senior cops wanted money from the £12million Hillsborough Disaster Fund to send officers on holiday and spruce up kitchens and gyms in police stations around South Yorkshire, shock ­documents revealed.

Under fire Norman Bettison, the top officer being probed for ­allegedly masterminding the police cover-up after the 1989 football tragedy, even requested £2,000 to redecorate his own police station’s reception area.

Margaret Aspinall, whose son James, 18, was one of the 96 ­Liverpool fans to die in Hillsborough, Sheffield, described the revelation as “despicable”.

She said: “It is one of the most shocking things I’ve heard in a long time.”

Documents seen by the Mirror show South Yorkshire Police sent a ­catalogue of ­submissions to ­trustees of the disaster fund early in 1991.

The wish-list included new window blinds, a holiday flat for officers to visit with their families – either in the UK or abroad – exercise bikes and “worthwhile gifts to police officers on sick leave”.

Police also wanted to update receptions at stations across South Yorkshire, which were labelled “stark and austere”.

Sir Norman, then a ­superintendent, also lobbied for the ­refurbishment of Hillsborough Stadium’s control room.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hi ... z2cUH4S0GP
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Return to “4thelulz”