Disney Star Wars

Keep on Lulzing
Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Re: Disney Star Wars

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:12 am

Being invested (heavily most sw fans) in a story and mythology for the best part of a lifetime, only for someone to say no that’s not how it works at all :wave:

You can point the finger at Disney and say they did this to make more movies but the stories are still there to be told, it didn’t need to radically changed to make more movies.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:21 am

@ Josh

Haha yeah I'm sometimes guilty of that. The new Bladerunner for example. Was mainly blown away by the visuals and sound and feel at the cinema. Only when I watched again at home did I understand some of the plot stuff I missed first time.

I think that's why Last Jedi is so jarring, I came out of the film sort of baffled at what I'd just witnessed, but not quite processed it yet. Then on seeing some reasonable quality cam copies at home I was like, what the fuck.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:26 am

Still just cam copies in Terrarium, fuck it I'll wait a few more days

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:25 am

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:39 am

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:42 am

Im going to watch it in a bit

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:20 am

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:36 am

Ok here goes :dave:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:18 am

Wife just seen IT
“How did she fly like that? Mary Fucking poppins?” She asked :picardfacepalm:

When the star destroyers follow the fleet through hyperspace... kylo is in his fighter, flies into the rebel cruiser and blows up all the x-wings, his fellow tie fighters blow up the command pod all with ease...
But a fleet of star destroyers can’t get past the rebel cruisers shield the entire movie :dabe:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:28 am

Only one Sun on Acht-To while Luke is giving Rey her first lesson..,

2 Sun’s when he dies

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:33 am

Yeah it's complete bollocks mate. I'm just at the Rose :spaz: bit.

"My sister who died said you should know right from wrong and don't run away when it gets hard"

:icon_neutral:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:53 am

"I wish I could put my fist through this whole lousy beautiful town." :icon_lol:

Damie Karras
Posting Freak

Postby Damie Karras » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:15 am

Yeah my god Rose :picardfacepalm:

I’ve just finished. There was a point when I thought actually this isn’t as bad as I recall, but the came finale :spaz:

Why the hologram bollocks? just have the real Luke turn up in that x wing that was in the water, save Finn from his kamakazee run (rose didn’t need to save him because she never existed) then get out of his x wing and have a proper lightsaber duel with Kylo. Kylo strikes him down and he disappears similar to Obi Wan, a noble end, and the rebels still got time to escape.

Finn rescues Rose.... I had missed that I thought she was dead :Dave'sarseholeafteraFridaynight:

Leia has untold force powers that she can fly through space but hasn’t got the savvi to move a few rocks to get out of a cave :spaz:

How did Snoke set up the ForceFacetime if he had no idea where Acht-to was :spaz:

My Mrs enjoyed it and I can understand why, ok we had been to Skellig and she wanted to see them bits but also it’s all action from start to finish.

For us fans though it pisses all over the mythology of the Force, the Sith & Jedi

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:56 am

And it even dumps on the new characters the Force Awakens set up so well.

"Let's go chrome dome"

I fucking hate Rian Johnson, it's amazing, every word that he just said is wrong.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:21 am

"Strike me down in anger and I'll always be with you." :spaz:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:21 am

"See you around, kid." :spaz:

Fucking film

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:29 pm

I was talking to my mate about it in the pub yesterday. I still get really angry about it.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Right. I've got it.

I'm going to watch it :picardfacepalm:

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:44 am

Jesus fucking Christ.
Even within a cast of charmers like Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, and Oscar Isaac, Kelly Marie Tran carved out her own space in The Last Jedi with a big-hearted performance as Rose Tico. So what comes after Star Wars?

Like a lot of Star Wars fans, I went to see The Last Jedi last December full of questions about newcomer Kelly Marie Tran. And by the time the credits rolled, I was ready to watch her in anything. I’d been excited to see Tran as Rose Tico for months, ever since her casting was announced—though in a series already chockablock with heroes, maybe I can be excused for not fully anticipating just how fantastic and welcome her scene-stealing character would be. Rose is at once a grieving sister, an avenger with a taser, a true believer in the Resistance, and the embodiment of one of the movie’s central messages: you don’t have to be a Chosen One or even a Jedi to make a difference.

For those who don’t usually get to see themselves represented on the big screen, it’s fun, powerful even, to watch a talented young actor like Kelly Marie Tran breaking out in one of the most successful film franchises of all time—I won’t deny how important it is, or how glad I am that kids like mine will get to see it. But what’s truly great about Tran’s performance in The Last Jedi is just the brave, big-hearted realness she brings to Rose, an unassuming maintenance worker who finds her fight and becomes the film’s most unlikely hero. It’s impossible not to root for her as you watch her more than hold her own alongside the magnetic John Boyega—and it feels right that, in the end, she’s the one who saves Finn while delivering the movie’s defining line: “That’s how we’re gonna win...not fighting what we hate, but saving what we love.”
Jesus fucking Christ.

Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 am

Who wrote that. Her agent?

Return to “4thelulz”