Looks like Johnson is getting his cards too

Miles as well have a forum for everything Football
spy
Posting Freak

RE: Looks like Johnson is getting his cards too

Postby spy » Tue May 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Yep, said the same in another thread

BRodggy system leaves defenders exposed, it's not a personnel problem because Skrtel really has had the best season of his career. Defenders aren't naturally suited to a system like ours, Rodgers is going to need to nurture the players to play that way.
So really if he's going to have to but the work in either way we may as well save the few quid and work with what we got
Maybe but look at how Atl Madrid play. They attack in numbers but also know how to defend.
Did I watch the match last night? I was there mate.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Tue May 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Yep, said the same in another thread

BRodggy system leaves defenders exposed, it's not a personnel problem because Skrtel really has had the best season of his career. Defenders aren't naturally suited to a system like ours, Rodgers is going to need to nurture the players to play that way.
So really if he's going to have to but the work in either way we may as well save the few quid and work with what we got
Maybe but look at how Atl Madrid play. They attack in numbers but also know how to defend.
I agree with Vin, and Swansea weren't known for having an aids defensive record when he was there either.

Van Halen are Fucking Pump
Posting Freak

Postby Van Halen are Fucking Pump » Tue May 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Yaya pissed off sign him up
That's a fucking joke. What a cry baby.

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Looks like Johnson is getting his cards too

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:56 pm

I wonder the same thing. He's not just left out after coming back from injury, he's dropped as soon as there are other options, who aren't as good, available. Played him as a left back as soon as he took over. Makes no sense.

The only thing that works against him is his injuries. We're linked with Lovren today as well. Wouldn't be a bad buy.
:druggie:

legitimate first
Posting Freak

Re: Looks like Johnson is getting his cards too

Postby legitimate first » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:36 am

Want a bad buy tbf. Played a part in the development of the team under Klopp, he just couldnt keep the pace.

VAN HALEN
Posting Freak

Postby VAN HALEN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:01 am

Yeah he wasn't awful. Just didn't quite make the mark. Useful at times though. Good luck to him tbh

Roly
Posting Freak

Postby Roly » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:45 am

Yeah he wasn't bad at times,apart from that spurs game when klopp took him off at ht.

Scored that goal against dortmund too

spy
Posting Freak

Postby spy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:18 am

Want a bad buy tbf. Played a part in the development of the team under Klopp, he just couldnt keep the pace.
He had spells where he was very good but he always had the potential to make big mistakes. He also didn't convey confidence for the rest of the defence. Him and Mo seem to have a bit of this :poundit: :pounditrotate: going on

Macho Man Randy Savage
Posting Freak

Postby Macho Man Randy Savage » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:42 am

He was 70% not very good. 20% good. 10% awful, in terms of what we saw from him. Had that clown shoes factor to him that could do something stupid at any moment, loose his head.

Was only fit for 6+ consecutive games twice in his entire Liverpool career. That is woeful. Mentally weak also, when his head was gone that was it.

He's cost us a good few points over the years. Had an inflated sense of self worth and always talked absolute bullocks in interviews, I'm glad to see the back of him. 90k a week contract for him was a huge mistake.

legitimate first
Posting Freak

Postby legitimate first » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:53 am

personally dont think thats a fair assessment, but im pretty sure none of us is particularly sad to see him go.

Return to “Football Forum”